Parasite City - Minstrel's Creed

Jeff

I didn't find a thread for this recent release.

How many of you have searched this one out yet? If you have not and you like the Crashdiet/Hardcore Superstar style, I highly recommend that you check out Parasite City. And if you already know them and liked their debut this one is just as good. It is not instantly as catchy throughout as the debut but it has 3 instant killer songs (Seven Years, Good Enough For You, Bagful Of Sin), and 7 other great tracks that get better each time I spin them.

They have become one of those bands that I get greedy and can't wait for their next release already.

Check them out:

http://www.myspace.com/parasitecity

I was gonna start a smiliar thread.

this is definitely the most under rated disc of the year.

at this stage it's sitting in my top 3, with a brawl between #2 and #3 involving Parasite City and Crazy Lixx.

Honestly, this album is brialliant!

It sounds like bon jovi (circa 85) singing Crashidet tracks (or maybe a tad more melodic).

Hmm, I'll have to check this out and maybe revisit the debut. I thought the debut was very average if memory serves, but I should double check...

Well, I heard the new album. I guess it was pretty good - definitely better than the debut - but I personally wouldn't compare it to the better releases of 2009. Towards the end the songs started sounding a little samey and I was losing interest. Will give it some more, louder spins... but for now I'll say good but not great.

Honestly I put Parasite City's releases right up there with what Crashdiet has done. Maybe a little rougher and not as polished as the Generation Wild but overall just as good to listen to. In fact, I would guess that Minstrel's Creed has gotten more play time than Generation Wild has for me. That is saying something because I really like Generation Wild...a lot, but it is being challenged for my top spot by Parasite City.

As for the debut, 10 Hits To KO, there are some killer tracks on that one. I think I read somewhere that Secretly Mine was a radio hit over in Europe. Nymphomaniac, Selfish, No Place Like Home, Tombstone are stand outs among a solid effort.

I played a couple of tracks and sorry just not very good IMO and nowhere near the brillance of Crashdiet, Hardcore Superstar or Crazy Lixx. But just my opinion.

And a correct one at that. ;)

Alright Geoff, Matt and Wes...I'll give you guys 'til the end of the week to lay off the Mary Jane and come to your senses. :D

Well, to each his own, but I admit I am surprised there isn't a little more love for these guys on this board considering the Crashdiet fans we have here. Sure they probably won't be knocking Crashiet or Crazy Lixx off the radio charts but I'm hard pressed to find any reason not to include them right up there. My top 3 of 2010 stands like this right now: 1. Crashdiet, 2. Parasite City, 3. Crazy Lixx

Alright Geoff, Matt and Wes...I'll give you guys 'til the end of the week to lay off the Mary Jane and come to your senses. :D

Well, to each his own, but I admit I am surprised there isn't a little more love for these guys on this board considering the Crashdiet fans we have here. Sure they probably won't be knocking Crashiet or Crazy Lixx off the radio charts but I'm hard pressed to find any reason not to include them right up there. My top 3 of 2010 stands like this right now: 1. Crashdiet, 2. Parasite City, 3. Crazy Lixx

Craziness. Crazy Lixx is my fave of that lot, and Parasite City isn't even on the radar. :) Mate, you need to hear the new Axident Avenue disc too. In the same style, but much, much better than the Parasite City album. :)

• 1 month later...

Craziness. Crazy Lixx is my fave of that lot, and Parasite City isn't even on the radar. :) Mate, you need to hear the new Axident Avenue disc too. In the same style, but much, much better than the Parasite City album. :)

Ok, I checked out the Axident Avenue disc and I like it, a lot actually, and it will get some serious play time for me, but there is no way I can say it comes close to Parasite City. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. :)

I ended up deleting Parasite City off my Ipod and, like the debut, I won't be chasing up a hard copy. :( I must be missing something when it comes to these guys unfortunately...

I ended up deleting Parasite City off my Ipod and, like the debut, I won't be chasing up a hard copy. :( I must be missing something when it comes to these guys unfortunately...

Bummer, ah well, not for everyone I guess. They have dropped to 2nd on my favorites of 2010...I cannot stop playing that Lipstixx N Bulletz release, killer sleaze.

Thanks for the heads up on the Axident Avenue. I will be picking up that one for sure.

Bummer, ah well, not for everyone I guess. They have dropped to 2nd on my favorites of 2010...I cannot stop playing that Lipstixx N Bulletz release, killer sleaze.

Thanks for the heads up on the Axident Avenue. I will be picking up that one for sure.

Was LnB actually a 2010 release or 2009?

Just trying to remember when i got my copy of the disc... i thought it was when i saw them late 2009. Maybe it was after i got home that i ordered the disc....

Ya know, it could be I suppose...I ordered a handful of cd's early this year, probably around the Reckless Love, Crashdiet, Parasite City timeframe and LnB was one of them I ordered from Sleazy Rider records. I have not looked at the CD itself though the main HH page says 2010 (maybe I submitted though!). I'll have to check out the packaging.

Yep, you were right, released October of 2009. Damn, I missed out on 4-6 months of listening to this release! Son of a.... :doh:

Well, it is so damn good I am leaving it on my favorites of 2010 list (for a little bit anyway) :lol:

Yeah, I can't say enough good things about the LnB release front to back, just awesome.

There are some demo/promo tracks on the web that are worth tracking down, All This Time and Vain easily could have been on this release.

I ordered mine directly from Sleaszy Rider Records and got great service. I ordered LnB and the first Sister Sin Cd, asked a question via email, got a fast response, and the shipment was quick.

Prices in Euro's:

Lipstixx 'N' Bulletz """Bang Your Head"" 9.99

Sister Sin """Dance Of The Wicked"" 3.99

Sister Sin """Switchblade Serenades"" 5.99

http://www.sleaszyrider.com