Hinder

Glen

it keeps getting better guys!

"Hinder has entered the studio to begin recording their third album with Howard Benson (Three Days Grace, Skillet). The album is expected to be released in the fall and a new single at radio this summer."

"Hinder has entered the studio to begin recording their third album with Howard Benson (Three Days Grace, Skillet). The album is expected to be released in the fall and a new single at radio this summer."

Tell TIM - He'll be overjoyed I'm sure ;) . Personally, I will definitely be interested when it is released.

1. Wow, Glen... that new avatar is awesome!

2. Awesome news about Hinder. Really glad to hear it. There's something inside me fearing these guys might/could give it up after 'Extreme Behaviour' was so huge and as far as I know 'Take it to the limit' was a bit of a commercial failure. I really hope these guys stick with it and I expect this album to be awesome.

2. Awesome news about Hinder. Really glad to hear it. There's something inside me fearing these guys might/could give it up after 'Extreme Behaviour' was so huge and as far as I know 'Take it to the limit' was a bit of a commercial failure. I really hope these guys stick with it and I expect this album to be awesome.

I so wanted to leave a reply about the 'bouncy' new avatar, but I got beat out. I think this thread was about Hinder, not sure I'll have read it and get back....my focus was elsewhere.

I LOVED Take It to the Limit but HATED Extreme Behaviour. I can only think that the band will go back to more of the EB songwriting as Take It To The Limit didn't seemt o be as successful as the debut? Thoughts?

I LOVED Take It to the Limit but HATED Extreme Behaviour. I can only think that the band will go back to more of the EB songwriting as Take It To The Limit didn't seemt o be as successful as the debut? Thoughts?

Yeah, it'll be interesting to hear what they do for the new one. I really wonder if they will keep that huge 80's vibe going. The simple fact of the matter is that, in my opinion, 'Take it to the limit' was not a commercial failure because of anything the band did. It's just that the homosexual, pillow biting, ass-licking, scrotum devouring, polar bear face-mask wearing public had decided it was no longer "in", or cool to like Hinder.

I also wonder if choosing 'Without you' for the first single was a poor choice. If they wanted to go for a ballad, 'Last Kiss Goodbye' and 'Thing For You' were both vastly superior tracks, imo. I wonder how it'd go if rather than the safe ballad option, they'd tried something super melodic like 'Loaded and Alone' or 'Heaven sent' as the lead single?

I also wonder if choosing 'Without you' for the first single was a poor choice. If they wanted to go for a ballad, 'Last Kiss Goodbye' and 'Thing For You' were both vastly superior tracks, imo. I wonder how it'd go if rather than the safe ballad option, they'd tried something super melodic like 'Loaded and Alone' or 'Heaven sent' as the lead single?

I think you're totally wrong. "Without You" was the best song on that disc, that huge hook in the chorus was the best thing this band wrote IMO. I think they missed the boat commercially because they tried to crossover from Hard Rock to Modern Rock territory, which is exactly why TAKING DAWN will not make any money either. Is a shame, but you have to sound like FALL OUT BOY or ALL TIME LOW to make some money out of Modern Rock these days...

Yeah, it'll be interesting to hear what they do for the new one. I really wonder if they will keep that huge 80's vibe going. The simple fact of the matter is that, in my opinion, 'Take it to the limit' was not a commercial failure because of anything the band did. It's just that the homosexual, pillow biting, ass-licking, scrotum devouring, polar bear face-mask wearing public had decided it was no longer "in", or cool to like Hinder.

Of all people, you would expect me to give Hinder a good belting and even though I do dislike all these "newer" rock bands with a passion, Hinder I quite like and enjoy both the albums and look forward to see what they come up with next :tumbsup:

I so wanted to leave a reply about the 'bouncy' new avatar, but I got beat out. I think this thread was about Hinder, not sure I'll have read it and get back....my focus was elsewhere.

Yep a new avatar 'for the boys'...

Back on topic.....I love both albums so mix of both would be great. Doesnt bother me either way.

Cheers

I think you're totally wrong. "Without You" was the best song on that disc, that huge hook in the chorus was the best thing this band wrote IMO. I think they missed the boat commercially because they tried to crossover from Hard Rock to Modern Rock territory, which is exactly why TAKING DAWN will not make any money either. Is a shame, but you have to sound like FALL OUT BOY or ALL TIME LOW to make some money out of Modern Rock these days...

*clears throat* Nickelback?

On an unrelated note, did I hear correctly that Fall Out Boy have done us all a favour and called it quits?

That's exactly what happened. But of course the Top 40 public, or what's left of it is directly influenced by the RIAA. They send out messages to inform about the ins and outs. It's the direct result of mass media manipulation, marketing against popular Rock music ever since the early 1990's. It sends out media boycotts, biased critics and ridicule. The record buying public disagrees and sales are cut in half, going on zero for this. Lack of quality given up as the main reason. It's the era of a scamming industry trying to get rid of their trash, but nobody wants it. They're going down for that one.

So I'd say it's only a matter of time new people, new companies who understand the market will take over and close deals with the media. Let's see if Hinder understands this.

I think Loaded And Alone should've been the first single, one of the best Modern Rock tunes to come out of the past decade to me. They should've never released something by the title Without You IMO. It's way too cliched and only confirms the bad image the RIAA sent out to the public.

That's exactly what happened. But of course the Top 40 public, or what's left of it is directly influenced by the RIAA. They send out messages to inform about the ins and outs. It's the direct result of mass media manipulation, marketing against popular Rock music ever since the early 1990's. It sends out media boycotts, biased critics and ridicule. The record buying public disagrees and sales are cut in half, going on zero for this. Lack of quality given up as the main reason. It's the era of a scamming industry trying to get rid of their trash, but nobody wants it. They're going down for that one.

So I'd say it's only a matter of time new people, new companies who understand the market will take over and close deals with the media. Let's see if Hinder understands this.

I think Loaded And Alone should've been the first single, one of the best Modern Rock tunes to come out of the past decade to me. They should've never released something by the title Without You IMO. It's way too cliched and only confirms the bad image the RIAA sent out to the public.

i think its bollocks that a band release a ballad as the first single off an album. Should be 3rd or 4th IMO.

They should have just released the first track 'Use Me'....its hardly rocket science is it.

Some Hinder reviews:

Extreme Behaviour was regarded as one of the worst albums of 2005 by Allmusic (1 and a half out of 5 stars). According to Allmusic, "Hinder is all about big rock, the kind of stuff that's happily ignorant of common courtesy or trying much of anything new musically." Also that, "Hinder are so egregiously dull they appear not to be fans of music, but fans of high fives."

Take It To The Limit received a 49/100 score on Metacritic. Christian Hoard of Rolling Stone gave a brief review regarding frontman Austin Winkler as "a bad representative for emotional frat dudes." In a worse review, Allmusic's Stephen Thomas Erlewine gives the album a 1.5/5 rating and describes the band as "eager embrace of every dumb sleaze-rock cliché to emanate from the Sunset Strip in 1988." He also notes how, in demonstrating Hinder's "stultifying lack of imagination," most of the tracks borrow their names from other well-known songs.

Entertainment Weekly gave a less harsh grade of C+ but echoed many of the same sentiments regarding their lack of originality and contrasting song styles of hard rock and ballads. Chris Willman explained, "If you were ever young and in love, dumb with drink, and had a head swimming with not just Boone's Farm wine but also Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and AC/DC (to name these guys' most blatant anthemic influences), you may be willing to forgive Hinder's lack of originality and preponderance of madonna/whore issues." He summed up by saying "If only the whiplash they induce resulted from real headbanging, not from trying to follow Hinder's song-to-song indecision about whether to be studs or wimps."

Many have criticized the originality of the album, saying many of the lyrical themes were similar to many snap music rap albums (especially the Dem Franchize Boyz album On Top Of Our Game), and the sound sounded similar to many 1980's glam metal bands.

Typical example of a dysfunctional biased RIAA trying to scam audiences with throwaway trash. Because anyone with musical knowledge would hear these guys can actually fabricate a good tune, as opposed to the tuneless stale nonsense they've been trying to pass for Rock that doesn't sell. Lyrically it isn't too bad either. A song like Loaded And Alone deals with the price of fame for example. Instead here it's said to be the lyrical equivalent of Pop Rap music. Well: meet Pop Rock where things aren't only about killing yourself for being such a loser. The funny thing is that these critics never applied to Rap music, aka Hip Hop/Pop mixture. Instead they've received rave reviews for themes such as "shaking the booty" by the very same people. The difference between Rock and Rap is that Rock possesses a musical art where Rap is lyrical first of all. Rapping about your new car doesn't really require any skill. It's an empty product and the immediate cause for the lack of sales.

A conclusion is easily made: it's these guys who aren't fans of music, but rather fans of the mighty green dollar. Sold their soul when they were hired for writing biased reviews in favor of a scamming defunct.

Some Hinder reviews:

Extreme Behaviour was regarded as one of the worst albums of 2005 by Allmusic (1 and a half out of 5 stars). According to Allmusic, "Hinder is all about big rock, the kind of stuff that's happily ignorant of common courtesy or trying much of anything new musically." Also that, "Hinder are so egregiously dull they appear not to be fans of music, but fans of high fives."

Take It To The Limit received a 49/100 score on Metacritic. Christian Hoard of Rolling Stone gave a brief review regarding frontman Austin Winkler as "a bad representative for emotional frat dudes." In a worse review, Allmusic's Stephen Thomas Erlewine gives the album a 1.5/5 rating and describes the band as "eager embrace of every dumb sleaze-rock cliché to emanate from the Sunset Strip in 1988." He also notes how, in demonstrating Hinder's "stultifying lack of imagination," most of the tracks borrow their names from other well-known songs.

Entertainment Weekly gave a less harsh grade of C+ but echoed many of the same sentiments regarding their lack of originality and contrasting song styles of hard rock and ballads. Chris Willman explained, "If you were ever young and in love, dumb with drink, and had a head swimming with not just Boone's Farm wine but also Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and AC/DC (to name these guys' most blatant anthemic influences), you may be willing to forgive Hinder's lack of originality and preponderance of madonna/whore issues." He summed up by saying "If only the whiplash they induce resulted from real headbanging, not from trying to follow Hinder's song-to-song indecision about whether to be studs or wimps."

Many have criticized the originality of the album, saying many of the lyrical themes were similar to many snap music rap albums (especially the Dem Franchize Boyz album On Top Of Our Game), and the sound sounded similar to many 1980's glam metal bands.

Typical example of a dysfunctional biased RIAA trying to scam audiences with throwaway trash. Because anyone with musical knowledge would hear these guys can actually fabricate a good tune, as opposed to the tuneless stale nonsense they've been trying to pass for Rock that doesn't sell. Lyrically it isn't too bad either. A song like Loaded And Alone deals with the price of fame for example. Instead here it's said to be the lyrical equivalent of Pop Rap music. Well: meet Pop Rock where things aren't only about killing yourself for being such a loser. The funny thing is that these critics never applied to Rap music, aka Hip Hop/Pop mixture. Instead they've received rave reviews for themes such as "shaking the booty" by the very same people. The difference between Rock and Rap is that Rock possesses a musical art where Rap is lyrical first of all. Rapping about your new car doesn't really require any skill. It's an empty product and the immediate cause for the lack of sales.

A conclusion is easily made: it's these guys who aren't fans of music, but rather fans of the mighty green dollar. Sold their soul when they were hired for writing biased reviews in favor of a scamming defunct.

All these pricks probably listen to garbage like 'Fix You' by Coldplay

Some Hinder reviews:

You lost me when you started defending their lyrics. If you're a 15-year old high school girl then you probably find their lyrics relevant (see the video for "Without You" if you're in any doubt about their target audience), but if you're either a male or an adult then it's garbage. Not suggesting that other Modern Rock bands are setting the literary world on-fire y'understand, but these lyrics are shite. End of.

Tell TIM - He'll be overjoyed I'm sure ;) . Personally, I will definitely be interested when it is released.

To be fair, if they continue to improve as dramatically as they did from the godawful first album to the half-decent second one then I'd consider it. They also have the potential to write a couple of tunes good enough to be worth the entry price alone. My biggest problem though is the vocalist, so even the better songs are a struggle for me to listen to. Rest-assured I'll listen to the soundbytes and give it a fair shot though, and if they carry on improving dramatically then it could end up on my shopping list...

Some Hinder reviews:

You lost me when you started defending their lyrics. If you're a 15-year old high school girl then you probably find their lyrics relevant (see the video for "Without You" if you're in any doubt about their target audience), but if you're either a male or an adult then it's garbage. Not suggesting that other Modern Rock bands are setting the literary world on-fire y'understand, but these lyrics are shite. End of.

Admitted that the overall lyrics are no good here I'm stating a song like Loaded And Alone begs to differ, to people who dismiss an entire genre for it while defending a 2000's music industry. It has its moments, while a song like Without You is obvious lyrical garbage right from the title indeed. Which takes me back to my original critic of answering too many cliches.

Main point is that they have a better sound than most of their tuneless "Modern Rock" contemporaries around and should get recognition for it.

Main point is that they have a better sound than most of their tuneless "Modern Rock" contemporaries around and should get recognition for it.

But I think the reason most round these parts like them is because they have a big dose of the 80's Hair Metal era about them. Same with TAKING DAWN, who kinda sound like a modern version of SKID ROW. The whole image/sound (i.e, no downtuned guitars) is that of the 80's, wrapped-up in an updated production. Plus this band, like a lot of the bands from that era, seem genuinely more interested in living the 80's rock-star cliched lifestyle (check out any interview with them for proof) than the quality of their music, which is a shame because they could make a good record if they put their minds to it...

But I think the reason most round these parts like them is because they have a big dose of the 80's Hair Metal era about them. Same with TAKING DAWN, who kinda sound like a modern version of SKID ROW. The whole image/sound (i.e, no downtuned guitars) is that of the 80's, wrapped-up in an updated production. Plus this band, like a lot of the bands from that era, seem genuinely more interested in living the 80's rock-star cliched lifestyle (check out any interview with them for proof) than the quality of their music, which is a shame because they could make a good record if they put their minds to it...

That may be so, but while there’s a lyrical lack of quality throughout and the desire to lead the Rock star life they still succeed to write a selection of good tunes to me. I’m on about a song like Loaded And Alone once more, I think that’s one of the best tunes to come out of the last decade. So no matter how you put it they must be doing something good. Can't say that from just any band.