Chris Laney new album

phaffas

Has noone mentioned this Cant wait! yet another huge album for 2010

"The new album ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010

Good news for the friends and fans of Chris Laney!!

The new soloalbum by CHRIS LANEY is recorded and mixed. It is now being mastered and then the Mastertape is off to the recordlabel in Germany so we will soon have a relesedate to reveal. The new album is called ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT.

The new album follows the path of PURE, so to all of you out there digging PURE, beware cause Chris Laney is striking again with an album of high-octane kickass rocknroll … expect the album to come out end of April or beginning of May.

Soon in a loudspeaker close to you – CHRIS LANEY – Only Come Out At Night"

"New album ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT will be released April 23rd 2010!!

Tuesday, April 6th, 2010

The new solo album by CHRIS LANEY – Only Come Out At Night will be released April 23rd on Metal Heaven. Just like last time Chris invited some of his friends to work with him on his album. For instance Bruce Kulick (KISS, Grand Funk Railroad) co-wrote 3 of the songs with Chris. Conny Bloom (Hanoi Rocks, Electric Boys) co-wrote one song that he also plays and sings on. Other musicians on the album are for instance: Nalle Påhlsson (TREAT, Therion, Randy Piper´s Animal), John Berg (Chris Laney band), Rob Love (Dynazty, Zan Clan), Lennart Östlund, Brian Robbo Robertson (Thin Lizzy) and more.

Check out your local cd-dealer for ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT April 23rd 2010 !!!

Keep Rockin!!

//Chris Laney Management"

yeah its been mentioned quite a bit - there are some clips floating about somewhere too which are pretty killer.

looking forward to this one immensely.

yeah its been mentioned quite a bit - there are some clips floating about somewhere too which are pretty killer.

well i suck....

no not really....theres no official thread....just some comments tagged on the end of the 'pure' thread.....

if you want to hear samples of all tracks they are over at Melrock.com

Cheers

well i suck....

no not really....theres no official thread....just some comments tagged on the end of the 'pure' thread.....

if you want to hear samples of all tracks they are over at Melrock.com

Cheers

ahh , i just searched here and didnt find any threads..

well i suck....

no not really....

Yeah, he sucks all right.

But yeah, can't wait for this album. Should be excellent, just as the debut was.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm assuming a few people have heard this one. What are the early thoughts? Here's a quick run-through from me:

1. Only Come Out At Night ; good solid hard rocking anthem to open up. Not spectacular, but nice opener.

2. Love So Bad ; another hard rocker, keeps the mood up.

3. Rockstar ; and another straight up hard rocker. The weakest of the first 3, but still good energetic stuff.

4. B4 it´s 2late ; this, for me, is where the album starts. Easily one of the best songs I've heard this year with a chorus to die for. Love the lyrics (even if it is just a love gone bad song, but a very good one at that). Amazing highlight of the disc and I do prefer Laney when he's going this more melodic stuff.

5. Eyes Out Poppin´ ; kind of average hard rocker, in line with the weaker tracks off the debut.

6. One Kiss Tonight ; stunning. Almost as good as 'B4 it´s 2late' and these two tracks are no doubt the album's highlights. Amazing chorus, nice mid-tempo verses and again, just pefect melodic hard rock.

7. Gotta Run ; another decent track, but again, pretty standard hard rock.

8. Playing With Fire ; third best song on the CD. And again, it's that nice mid/up-tempo melodic hard rock with a huge anthemic chorus. He absolutely shines so bright on these type of songs.

9. Crush ; second weakest song on the CD. Really quite an average rocker.

10. I Had Enuff ; good hard rocker, on par with the first couple of tunes.

11. Daydream ; terrible track, not like Laney at all. Don't know what he was thinking with this one.

In all honesty, this does not live up the to quality of the debut imo, despite two absolutely amazing songs - 'B4 it´s 2late' and 'One Kiss Tonight', plus a great runner up, 'Playing With Fire'. The problem for me is there are just too many standard hard rockers, which are not as good as the harder rocking songs off the debut, like 'Pissed at what ya missed' etc. It is a very good disc and I'm pretty sure any fan of the debut will enjoy it, but in a year when some previous albums have been eclipsed I was hoping Laney would be one of them too. Still, a very fine album.

So I'm assuming a few people have heard this one. What are the early thoughts? Here's a quick run-through from me:

1. Only Come Out At Night ; good solid hard rocking anthem to open up. Not spectacular, but nice opener.

2. Love So Bad ; another hard rocker, keeps the mood up.

3. Rockstar ; and another straight up hard rocker. The weakest of the first 3, but still good energetic stuff.

4. B4 it´s 2late ; this, for me, is where the album starts. Easily one of the best songs I've heard this year with a chorus to die for. Love the lyrics (even if it is just a love gone bad song, but a very good one at that). Amazing highlight of the disc and I do prefer Laney when he's going this more melodic stuff.

5. Eyes Out Poppin´ ; kind of average hard rocker, in line with the weaker tracks off the debut.

6. One Kiss Tonight ; stunning. Almost as good as 'B4 it´s 2late' and these two tracks are no doubt the album's highlights. Amazing chorus, nice mid-tempo verses and again, just pefect melodic hard rock.

7. Gotta Run ; another decent track, but again, pretty standard hard rock.

8. Playing With Fire ; third best song on the CD. And again, it's that nice mid/up-tempo melodic hard rock with a huge anthemic chorus. He absolutely shines so bright on these type of songs.

9. Crush ; second weakest song on the CD. Really quite an average rocker.

10. I Had Enuff ; good hard rocker, on par with the first couple of tunes.

11. Daydream ; terrible track, not like Laney at all. Don't know what he was thinking with this one.

In all honesty, this does not live up the to quality of the debut imo, despite two absolutely amazing songs - 'B4 it´s 2late' and 'One Kiss Tonight', plus a great runner up, 'Playing With Fire'. The problem for me is there are just too many standard hard rockers, which are not as good as the harder rocking songs off the debut, like 'Pissed at what ya missed' etc. It is a very good disc and I'm pretty sure any fan of the debut will enjoy it, but in a year when some previous albums have been eclipsed I was hoping Laney would be one of them too. Still, a very fine album.

I haven't heard this one yet. I did enjoy the debut though.

• 2 weeks later...

Laney's second. The debut was a bit of a mixed bag for me with some killer tracks intermingled with some solid to good rockers. I liked the album, but not as much as some.

Ive spun the newie a few times now, and some of the tracks which I thought were quite average on the first spin have really grown on me now.

In particular the first 2 tracks Im really enjoying now esp 'Love So Bad' which is a cool rocker which reminds me of Crazy Lixx. 'Rockstar' (3rd in) is only OK for me. 'B4 it is 2 Late' moves the quality up nicely...I do find the chorus slightly whiney, but overall its a v good track.

I wont dwell too long on 'Eyes Poppin Out', except to say that this a HORRIBLE filler...and possibly one of the worst songs ive heard this year (pushed closely by Reckless Love's 'One More Time' which is also appalling!). In fact I find this song quite offensive, and it defo should have ended up being binned IMHO.

Anyway back to what's good or should I say excellent and thats the next three tracks which are the highlights of the disc IMO. 'One Kiss Goodnight', 'Gotta Run' and 'Playing With Fire' are all great tracks and really lift this album from being good to very good. All three are fine rockers, with excellent choruses and killer solos. Nice.

'Crush' is again solid, while 'I Had Enuff' is another good rocker up there with the first 2 tracks.

The album closes with 'Daydream'. An odd track which doesnt really suit Laney's style....however I kind of dig the track, except for the last minute which is just a horrendous screechy noise that is totally irritating and I would doubt that anyone would actually make to the end of this track before switching off.

Overall a really good follow up. Possibly just a tad behind the debut, but there are at least 3, maybe 4 songs here which are better than anything off the debut IMHO.

Cheers

Laney's second. The debut was a bit of a mixed bag for me with some killer tracks intermingled with some solid to good rockers. I liked the album, but not as much as some.

Ive spun the newie a few times now, and some of the tracks which I thought were quite average on the first spin have really grown on me now.

In particular the first 2 tracks Im really enjoying now esp 'Love So Bad' which is a cool rocker which reminds me of Crazy Lixx. 'Rockstar' (3rd in) is only OK for me. 'B4 it is 2 Late' moves the quality up nicely...I do find the chorus slightly whiney, but overall its a v good track.

I wont dwell too long on 'Eyes Poppin Out', except to say that this a HORRIBLE filler...and possibly one of the worst songs ive heard this year (pushed closely by Reckless Love's 'One More Time' which is also appalling!). In fact I find this song quite offensive, and it defo should have ended up being binned IMHO.

Anyway back to what's good or should I say excellent and thats the next three tracks which are the highlights of the disc IMO. 'One Kiss Goodnight', 'Gotta Run' and 'Playing With Fire' are all great tracks and really lift this album from being good to very good. All three are fine rockers, with excellent choruses and killer solos. Nice.

'Crush' is again solid, while 'I Had Enuff' is another good rocker up there with the first 2 tracks.

The album closes with 'Daydream'. An odd track which doesnt really suit Laney's style....however I kind of dig the track, except for the last minute which is just a horrendous screechy noise that is totally irritating and I would doubt that anyone would actually make to the end of this track before switching off.

Overall a really good follow up. Possibly just a tad behind the debut, but there are at least 3, maybe 4 songs here which are better than anything off the debut IMHO.

Cheers

Wow, just goes to show how wildly opinions differ. I actually thought "Eyes Out Poppin" was one of the best rockers on the album. Songs I could have done without on the album would have been "Only Come Out At Night, "Gotta Run", "Crush", and "Daydream". Basically I came up with 7 "keeper" tracks off the disc which is enough to warrant a spot on my shelf, but I would have liked a touch stronger album. Some good stuff on there though no doubt.

It's alright, nowhere near as good as Pure was. The tough thing is I got a package with this one, the new H.E.A.T and the new Crashdiet...Chris Laney doesn't stand a chance.

It's alright, nowhere near as good as Pure was. The tough thing is I got a package with this one, the new H.E.A.T and the new Crashdiet...Chris Laney doesn't stand a chance.

ha yeah - reality check there. I like the Chris Laney and it does contain some killer tracks but next to those two overall it pales.

Holy shit!!! What a terrible song for sure, I always stop playing the disc when it starts. It's playing right now...my freakin' ears are bleeding....Just stopped it and now I feel much better. Not the strongest album to begin with, however that track really ends it on a sour note.

• 4 months later...

I've only had 2 listens to the 2nd album, but based on that i must disagree with everyone else here.... in that i actually prefer the 2nd album. Agreed, i've only given it 2 listens, but base don that i'd put it ahead of the first album which i thouhgt had a couple of songs that didn't quite work.

I've only had 2 listens to the 2nd album, but based on that i must disagree with everyone else here.... in that i actually prefer the 2nd album. Agreed, i've only given it 2 listens, but base don that i'd put it ahead of the first album which i thouhgt had a couple of songs that didn't quite work.

Backed I really like this album - its a real grower. And there are a few tracks in the middle of the disc that are really excellent. I must admit that I'd be far more inclined to put this on than the debut.

I should be getting my hard copy of this this week so I can spin it some more. I still think the debut is a little more consistent and has a few more highlights, though. And for whatever reason his voice grates on me a little more this time around.