Retrospect Records looking for one good reviewer!

Recordjnky

hey peeps,

I have some new releases (and a few old ones) that sometimes i feel a bit "close" to and need a good balanced and comprehensive review from an outside source. Most of the releases in question are melodic rock/aor and Westcoast lighter AOR styles. So as long as you have a passion and a pretty extensive knowledge of this kind of music and feel that you could write a fair review of these releases, (and you have some time on your hands!) with good band comparisons, then please get in touch with me and i will send you a bunch of free CD's to review!!

PM me. If all goes well , you can join us on the Retrospect team -- with lots of perks!

thanks for your time and rock on!

Aaron

Retrospect Records

p.s. examples of the type of reviews i am looking for would be at like GloryDazeMusic.com or Strutterzine...

I've tried my hand at reviewing cds and it's not going so well. It's hard to write an article with substance. Even if you do that it's hard to find an audience. If I knew more about the genres of cds you want reviewed I would give it a go. My current gig is a money loser so I haven't put much time into it lately. Free cds is a pretty sweet deal. Much better than the average of 10 cents an article I have been getting.

Seems as though there is a certain fellow named Geoff who knows his stuff. Maybe he should do it.

Seems as though there is a certain fellow named Geoff who knows his stuff. Maybe he should do it.

Haha. Thanks mate, you're too kind. Obviously I'd love to do this - it'd be awesome. But I get a pretty distinct impression that my opinion carries little weight around these parts. :lol:

Haha. Thanks mate, you're too kind. Obviously I'd love to do this - it'd be awesome. But I get a pretty distinct impression that my opinion carries little weight around these parts. :lol:

I vote for Geoff. He can rip into CDs like a pro. :whistle:

Much better than the average of 10 cents an article I have been getting.

10 cents an article ?!?! Wow ! That seems like a rip-off to me .. !

I've written some CD reviews myself (Target Records & MusicBuyMail), so I know you really have to spend some time and work on them to write something decent.

But Geoff to review AOR and Westcoast CD's ?? Interesting proposal ...... ! ;)

I've written some CD reviews myself (Target Records & MusicBuyMail), so I know you really have to spend some time and work on them to write something decent.

Ha, backed......can you imagine Geoff reviewing and rating AOR and West Coast discs. lol

I doubt there would be a score above 15%.........

Ha, backed......can you imagine Geoff reviewing and rating AOR and West Coast discs. lol

If I was getting the CDs for free and they needed to be positive, trust me, there'd be plenty. I can dwell on the positives if I need too. ;)

If I was getting the CDs for free and they needed to be positive, trust me, there'd be plenty. I can dwell on the positives if I need too. ;)

ha, i trust you matey. the whole music business was built exactly on what your wrote.on lies.