The Pacific - HBO Miniseries Premeires March 14th

heaven&hell

Can't wait for this series should be awesome.

I was pretty sure I started a thread about this but I can never get the search function to work.

http://www.hbo.com/the-pacific?cmpid=s4

Trailer:

One of the stars is James Badge Dale(Lord of the Flies & 24).

Yep, by far the most anticipated show of the year for me. By far. :) Should be awesome. Can't wait to watch it on our big new TV too, for extra effect.

I'm watching and reading Band of Brothers right now and I sure hope this series can live up to BOB.

I don't know how they did it but they sure did find a wonderful cast for BOB.

Who would of thought a New Kid on the Block like Donnie Whalberg would be so incredible as Carwood Lipton.

And who would of thought that you can take half the cast that are actually British or Scottish and make them act as American Paratroopers and be able to hid their accents so well that you wouldn't know. Damien Lewis was just amazing as Richard Winters.

• 4 weeks later...

A guy that i know from a local Cash Converters who gives me good prices on used cds also does bit parts in Aussie soaps and extra work and he landed a gig on the Pacific shoot as a extra.

He did a boot camp before shooting and said it was intense.

A guy that i know from a local Cash Converters who gives me good prices on used cds also does bit parts in Aussie soaps and extra work and he landed a gig on the Pacific shoot as a extra.

He did a boot camp before shooting and said it was intense.

I noticed that on the "making of" they showed on HBO last week that they went through a week long Boot Camp similar to what they did on Band of Brothers with Dale Dye observing and teaching.

This starts in less than an hour here.

So how was the first show?

It was good. The first ep was setting up the three main characters and what they did before the war and bounced between that and the beginning of the battle of Guadalcanal which had a good fighting scene in it. Upcoming previews look amazing.

This starts in less than an hour here.

So how was the first show?

It was good. The first ep was setting up the three main characters and what they did before the war and bounced between that and the beginning of the battle of Guadalcanal which had a good fighting scene in it. Upcoming previews look amazing.

I watched the first ep again and it's even better the second time now that I can learn some of the characters name and understand better what's going on. Also I saw on Amazon the books that this show is based on by Robert Leckie and Eugene Sledge.

I don't get HBO but Directv had the first episode on unedited on their 101 channel. I hope Dtv carries the entire series! :beerbang:

I don't get HBO but Directv had the first episode on unedited on their 101 channel. I hope Dtv carries the entire series! :beerbang:

So did you watch it then?

I caught the last half hour of it. If the rest of the series is carried on Directv I will definitely continue watching it.

I liked the first episode, I've been looking forward to this series.

BTW, this show is also availible on HBO On Demand if you have it (but I record it anyway just to be safe!)

• 5 weeks later...

so anybody still watching? I like it. It's not as much action as BAND OF BROTHERS, but the story is interesting.

Started in Australia last week with 2 hour premier, and next episode is on Wednesday, set in Melbourne. It's hard to say "yeah I love it" as you watch these guys getting shot up knowing full well it's all based on true events... but it is very well made and engrossing viewing. These type of shows/movies always sadden me, but it's an excellent series so far.

Started in Australia last week with 2 hour premier, and next episode is on Wednesday, set in Melbourne. It's hard to say "yeah I love it" as you watch these guys getting shot up knowing full well it's all based on true events... but it is very well made and engrossing viewing. These type of shows/movies always sadden me, but it's an excellent series so far.

We just finished the 6th episode yesterday where their on Pelilu island.

It's been a very good series but very different from Band of Brothers since it's based on 3 different story lines.

The 3rd episode is based in Melbourne and has some very good parts including some nice nudity that you should enjoy.

It's been a very good series but very different from Band of Brothers since it's based on 3 different story lines.

The 3rd episode is based in Melbourne and has some very good parts including some nice nudity that you should enjoy.

Nice, nudity is what I like. :)

I assure you mate it wasn't that exciting, although the dark haired lady in question was quite tasty.

Just watched the fourth episode over here and so far am quite enjoying it. The trouble with this is I start to really get in to it and then bam, it's finished after 50 minutes and I have to wait another whole week to see the next episode. Much better to do it as double episodes as with the opening two each time I reckon.

I assure you mate it wasn't that exciting, although the dark haired lady in question was quite tasty.

Just watched the fourth episode over here and so far am quite enjoying it. The trouble with this is I start to really get in to it and then bam, it's finished after 50 minutes and I have to wait another whole week to see the next episode. Much better to do it as double episodes as with the opening two each time I reckon.

I always DVR the new episode and then watch it at least one more time to get me over before the new one plus I notice things I don't notice the first time around.