Drivin' N' Cryin'

ppfinder

Just found that this band isn't on HH database. Weird isn't it :)

Jus add "Smoke" album and will add the others.

Check songs from this album on youtube:

:guitbannana:

I've got three of their albums - Fly Me Courageous (1990), Smoke (1993) and Wrapped In Sky (1995). An interesting band they are, playing some decent and consistent Hard Rock with some Southern/Bluesy elements. They sort of remind me of some of the more "alternative" sounding Hard Rock bands that released albums in the mid 90's. I haven't heard their early stuff though. Definitely HH's material.

In fact according to wikepedia "the more hard-rocking “Fly Me Courageous” topped charts and was one of the 10 most-played albums on AOR radio in 1991"

According to their website, this year is the bands 25th anniversary and they will be releasing a full-length feature documentary about Drivin N Cryin.

drivinncryin.gif

Discography:

* Scarred But Smarter 1986

* Whisper Tames The Lion 1988

* Mystery Road 1989

* Fly Me Courageous 1990

* Live on Fire (EP) 1991

* Smoke 1993

* Wrapped In Sky 1995

* Drivin' 'N' Cryin' 1997

* Essential Live 1999

* Ultimate Collection 2000

* Detroit City Rock (EP) 2003

* The Great American Bubble Factory 2009

http://www.drivinncryin.com/

Love the Honeysuckle Blue track but not much more from them....Okay but not great IMO

Wow, who'd have guessed they had that many albums? I'll keep clear, though. I really hate these guys. :(Well, their music anyway.

In fact according to wikepedia "the more hard-rocking “Fly Me Courageous” topped charts and was one of the 10 most-played albums on AOR radio in 1991"

That's for sure. I remember that summer you couldn't go 30 minutes without that song popping up on the radio or MTV. A helluva tune on a pretty darn good album!

I remember the song "Fly Me Courageous" but have never heard anything else from them.

There are 4 songs I like from this band:

Fly Me Courageous:

Build A Fire

Fly Me Courageous

The Innocent

Smoke:

Whiskey Soul Woman

I once asked why they were not in the HH database...I don't think anyone knew or answered. They are not that great but I think they fit for sure.

Just what i think. They are not a great great band, but sure have some few good songs.

I just was surprised why some of their albums weren't on HH database.

Huge fan of these guys. Saw them live in Atlanta in 2001. Really didn't like Smoke but everything else is golden. I love Kevn Kinney's solo work as well. His vocals are definitely an acquired taste but I personally love them. Heard them described as REM meets AC/DC but I never really got that vibe. Hard rock with a folk presence at times. Certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea but count me as a fan.