Lionsex - Get It...

Jez

Great new band from my area and a great bunch of lads too. Their debut CD 'Get It..' was released last month and is avaliable to buy or download now. Check out their myspace page for details. If you like your Motley Crue, Guns 'n' Roses with a bit of M. Manson etc, this should do it for ya.

I was kindly given a nice brand new shiny copy of this and it is pretty damned good, especially for a first release proper. Have seen them a couple of times live and they certainly kick ass aswell.

(If you read this Davy, cheque in the post please) :D

http://www.myspace.com/lionsexrock

41Q+iR-UbGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

1. Get It

2. M.I.A

3. Too Good

4. Smokin Out The Neighbourhood

5. Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy

6. Midnight

7. Rip-Off Britain

8. Used To Be

9. Rocket 2 Ur Heart

10. Bringing Back The Heartache

I luv the sleaze....can't wait to get home and check the samples out. Hopefully I like the guy's voice.

Hope you like them.

Sorry, I couldn't get into these guys at all. That lead vocalist's voice was grating on my ears. Ouch.

He's not the best vocalist ever to be honest, but I have heard a hell of a lot worse and some truly horrendous vocalists, in this genre especially. As I said above, for a young band and a debut CD, This definitely shows alot of promise.

This sounds like a mixture of sleaze with goth vocals. Works for me. If you like abit of Goth, this is very common sounding style of singing.

That description sounds truly awful, but the band name amuses me and I'm interested to hear this as I don't think I've ever seen Jez ever recommend a sleaze band, ever. Very keen to hear this one.

... as I don't think I've ever seen Jez ever recommend a sleaze band, ever.

Yeah, true ! Worrying ... !

:tumbsup:

They are a mates band, so just trying to give them a bit of publicity. ;)

Aah I see. Even if they suck, you're promoting them 'cause you are mates. :P

Aah I see. Even if they suck, you're promoting them 'cause you are mates. :P

As mentioned, vocally not the greatest, but musically and songwise very tight. Pretty damned good production for an indie aswell. ;)

The music is pretty good but it sounds like Morrissey singing for a sleaze band...I don't know about that!!

The tunes sound OK... but what a godawful band name! :rofl:

Oh man, hate those vocals. :( I see what you guys mean - you mean Jim Morrison of The Doors, yeah? Or the dude from The Front? There were a few bands in the 80's that had vocalists like this and I hate to say it but they were the ones I either binned or sold immediately. Sorry guys, definitely not for me. :(

Good luck to 'em anyway, at least they have a good band name. ;)

I learnt the whole album last year, i used to be in the band :P

Yerah I know - for about a week wasn't it :whistle:

WOWSER! What a small world. Who'd have guessed we'd ever see Jez ( a ) recommend a sleaze band, ( b ) let alone Sambora's ex-sleaze band! (I don't believe it was a week - I reckon Sambora wrote all these songs Jez now loves! ;):lol: )

WOWSER! What a small world. Who'd have guessed we'd ever see Jez ( a ) recommend a sleaze band, ( b ) let alone Sambora's ex-sleaze band! (I don't believe it was a week - I reckon Sambora wrote all these songs Jez now loves! ;):lol: )

Wrong, wrong and it could have been 3 days ;)

eh, i don't know what happened but i learnt 10 songs in a week from just chord charts, 5 of which i only got the charts a day before the last rehearsal...

I dunno why they kicked me out, they said it was cause i changed the riffs to make them easier...i was just playing them in my own style, sounded close enough to the original tho :)

still, atleast i got in the band in the first place and learnt an entire album in 6 days without proper music...i'm happy with that, i never expected to pass the audition!