H.E.A.T - 3 new songs!

zacharyamelie

H.E.A.T. - Beg, Beg, Beg!

H.E.A.T. - Tonight

H.E.A.T. - Living In A Memory

They sound great, more delicious melodic rock for 2010.

Here's the story from melodicrock.com:

NEW H.E.A.T. ON ITS WAY:

Great news from H.E.A.T. New material is not far away! Direct from the band: "Here is a preview of the artwork for our next EP that will be available as a digipack. The EP will be sent out to all subscribers of Sweden Rock Magazine. A small amount will also be sold together with the copies available in Swedish stores. Sweden Rock Magazine #68 will be available from February 2nd.

The EP consists of 3 tracks, the new single “Beg, Beg, Beg”, and 2 bonus tracks that won't be available of the pressing of the Scandinavian version of our forthcoming album, the hard rock anthem “Tonight” and the mysterious “Living in a Memory”.

If you want to be sure to get hold of a copy you can sign up for a subscription of the biggest hard rock magazine in Scandinavia by following this link (www.swedenrockmagazine.com/index.cfm?pg=6).

I'm going to look for the magazine in the shops in Sweden. :headbanger:

All three sound great! Am well stoked about this album - cant wait!

Just sounds like a continuence of the excellence of the debut.

Solos are delicious as well.

Their first release didn't really do much for me, and I gotta say these 3 new songs don't really do much to change my mind. I mean, they're a solid enough band but don't warrant numerous repeated listens in my book. I know there seems to be great love for these guys on the board, so I guess I'm the odd man out on this one.

Their first release didn't really do much for me, and I gotta say these 3 new songs don't really do much to change my mind. I mean, they're a solid enough band but don't warrant numerous repeated listens in my book. I know there seems to be great love for these guys on the board, so I guess I'm the odd man out on this one.

Yep

Backed. I thought the debut was pretty standard Scandi AOR fare with only a few big highlights, and I never played it much to be honest. I do love this style of music though so will definitely check out the new disc, especially if "Tonight" and "Living In A Memory" aren't on it (as the press release suggests). "Beg Beg Beg" is a good song with a stunning chorus so if the entire disc was that quality then it could be awesome...

Shapes up to be an ace comeback. B) I have enjoyed this band since the first release, I last saw them with that Eurovision thing and since then they've been out of sight for a while. I enjoy all 3 songs, but I think the opposite of the above poster on this one. I think Tonight is the best song here, no competition. That's the impressive AOR sound I'm looking for. It has everything I got out of the past tunes, this is where they come full circle for me.

There's only one critic I've ever had for this band. The band name and the names of their songs. I think it requires attention. If you want to be recognized you must come up with an inventive name. A name like Tonight is nice and all, but how many songs are there by that title? Change it to something that sets you apart from the masses, yet something equally catchy. Yes: it's most definitely important to get noticed.

Chris, I agree with you about the first release. I remember when I got my copy how dissappointed I was. The MP3 samples I heard just didn't seem to jive with the whole package. Listening to these new three tracks gives me the impression there has been a change in the bands style somewhat. More melodic and layered. I know this isn't really your style of music as I've often seen you drift toward the more intense and harder material. My only reservation is that only 1 track is actually destined for their new release and I hope these three tracks are an indication of the direction of the new album.

Chris, I agree with you about the first release. I remember when I got my copy how dissappointed I was. The MP3 samples I heard just didn't seem to jive with the whole package. Listening to these new three tracks gives me the impression there has been a change in the bands style somewhat. More melodic and layered. I know this isn't really your style of music as I've often seen you drift toward the more intense and harder material. My only reservation is that only 1 track is actually destined for their new release and I hope these three tracks are an indication of the direction of the new album.

Haha, yeah you are correct Delbert. I do tend to like the bands with a little more bite to them. But, I am also into pure melodic stuff too as long as it's done right. If you say they're going for a little style change this time around, I shall give them the benefit of the doubt and check out new sound samples off the album when they come out. Like I said earlier, it's not that they're bad, they're just not clicking with me.

Haha, yeah you are correct Delbert. I do tend to like the bands with a little more bite to them. But, I am also into pure melodic stuff too as long as it's done right. If you say they're going for a little style change this time around, I shall give them the benefit of the doubt and check out new sound samples off the album when they come out. Like I said earlier, it's not that they're bad, they're just not clicking with me.

Totally awesome and then some live.

Three great tunes. If 'Tonight' isn't good enough to make the CD then I'm stroking my member in heavy anticipation for this new release, because 'Tonight' is one of my favourite songs I've heard from these guys yet... and that's saying alot considering I find the debut to be absolutely excellent.

'Living in a memory' is a good tune too and as Tim says, the chorus in 'Beg beg beg' is just fantastic. Can't wait to hear this album... could be good competition for Treat this year.