WOW! Gridiron is actually watchable to us foreigners!

Geoff

Okay, what's going on here? Are you US board members holding out on us? Have I missed another thread on this? (if so, how?!) But since when was this sport actually watchable for the rest of the world? :lol: I've made no secret of the fact that I'd probably even prefer to watch soccer to the NFL, but that was until I saw this. Check this out guys:

Lingerie_Football_League.jpg

lingerie-bowl-v-20070312020119559-000.jpg

chicago%20bliss.jpg

lingerie-football-league[1].jpg

http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blogs/g...y-near-you.aspx

Apparently they actually show some games on pay TV over here. Might need to rethink getting this again. ;)

Wow, I knew the players must all be pansies with their helmets and shoulder-pads and stuff, but I didn't realise they were actually chicks...

I watched this the other week hahah

Where?! HOW?! You don't have foxtel, do you?

Stayed in a friends empty house for a weekend.. they still had foxtel plugged in. We just sat there amazed by this show...more then what we saw i think we were amazed how exactly this concept was ever made into a tv show...

How could you guys not like football?? i think yer all a bunch of bloody wankers!

How could you guys not like football?? i think yer all a bunch of bloody wankers!

backed.... :headbanger:

Wasn't on the "Sports Page", but: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=23571.

Link in the first post was to an online article. Link in the last post goes to the LFL home. (And there have been a few posters in the "Mot. Post." thread that have had LFL games as the picture.)

Oh my friends, but we do like football. Love it, in fact (see my signature). I just prefer the kind of football without the padding and breaks in play every 20 seconds. I prefer it hard hitting and fast paced. :)

Wasn't on the "Sports Page", but: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=23571.

Link in the first post was to an online article. Link in the last post goes to the LFL home. (And there have been a few posters in the "Mot. Post." thread that have had LFL games as the picture.)

Nice. I knew someone here had to have noticed it. :lol:

Oh my friends, but we do like football. Love it, in fact (see my signature). I just prefer the kind of football without the padding and breaks in play every 20 seconds. I prefer it hard hitting and fast paced. :)

Oh you mean you dont like the football with 15 min QRts, 1000page stratedgy playbooks, Defensive sets, stunts, rush, blitzs, packages, sets, coverages, cheats, and african americans? you like the kind where the most exciting thing is where they all try to break each others necks at the very first of the game?

Oh you mean you dont like the football with 15 min QRts, 1000page stratedgy playbooks, Defensive sets, stunts, rush, blitzs, packages, sets, coverages, cheats, and african americans? you like the kind where the most exciting thing is where they all try to break each others necks at the very first of the game?

Yep, that's right. I don't like the slow, drawn out, whussy, over-thought 3/4 wasted time 1/4 actual sport game. And I do like the kind where they smash the f*ck out of each other from the first second and keep it up for the next 40 minutes in a fast-paced action bonanza,, only pausing for 10 minutes at half-time and then coming out to do it all again for the next 40 minutes. ;)

Um...wow.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of either kind of football ("gridiron" as Geoff calls it, or the "soccer" kind) but hell, I'd watch that any day of the week. In slow motion. Over and over and over again. :lol:

I'm still interested, from the other thread, for someone to go to the LFL site and rank the teams, in order of hotness, like I did. (If there's a disagreement, I'd just have to go back and look again to see if my rankings were proper. :wub: )

Um...wow.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of either kind of football ("gridiron" as Geoff calls it, or the "soccer" kind) but hell, I'd watch that any day of the week. In slow motion. Over and over and over again. :lol:

Haha. Yeah, to be honest I call it NFL too but I felt like a tool because I'm not American. If I say NFL then I'm technically referring to the Australian Nation Football League, aren't I? Which is technically NRL - National Rugby League, but still... I thought I'd go with gridiron this time round. :lol: Any of you guys over there call it gridiron?

Um...wow.

Haha. Yeah, to be honest I call it NFL too but I felt like a tool because I'm not American. If I say NFL then I'm technically referring to the Australian Nation Football League, aren't I? Which is technically NRL - National Rugby League, but still... I thought I'd go with gridiron this time round. :lol: Any of you guys over there call it gridiron?

Nah, we just call it plain ole "football." Now, what your people call "football," my people call "Soccer."

I, on the other hand, call 'em both "time for a nap till baseball season starts." :lol:

Um...wow.

Nah, we just call it plain ole "football." Now, what your people call "football," my people call "Soccer."

I, on the other hand, call 'em both "time for a nap till baseball season starts." :lol:

Nah, in Australia we're the same too. We call soccer soccer and we call our equivalent to NFL (which is the NRL here; Rugby League) football too.

Only the Brits seem to still call soccer football. :lol: Yeah, yeah, so they're technically right because it is actually the only one of these sports that features majority of foot to ball action, but they still suck. 'Cause they're British and they like soccer. ;)

Um...wow.

Nah, in Australia we're the same too. We call soccer soccer and we call our equivalent to NFL (which is the NRL here; Rugby League) football too.

Only the Brits seem to still call soccer football. :lol: Yeah, yeah, so they're technically right because it is actually the only one of these sports that features majority of foot to ball action, but they still suck. 'Cause they're British and they like soccer. ;)

Soccer fucking sucks! how much more aggravating can you possibly make a sport? you cant use your hands? what the fuck is that shit? I watch 10 minutes and im irrate! "FUCKING PICK IT UP ALREADY!!" Not my thing at all! and I don't know what your talking about drawn out? actually hit? dude, I don't know if you can even compare the hitting, since they are wearing helmets and pads, I believe naturally they are going to deliver hits a little bit differently, dude, you havent watched much football, you say you have, but you obviously watched a few plays, a couple of times, and decided it was boring! because your description of it, by fact is not correct! not just my opinion, outside of hockey, I don't know of a faster contact sport? Rugby is not even really kind of like it~ I mean there is physical contact on every play, and it's one half contact, and one half strategy! where rugby isnt really that strategic, it's more physical contact, so I wont even compare them! give me tennis anyday!

Um...wow.

Soccer fucking sucks! how much more aggravating can you possibly make a sport? you cant use your hands? what the fuck is that shit? I watch 10 minutes and im irrate! "FUCKING PICK IT UP ALREADY!!" Not my thing at all! and I don't know what your talking about drawn out? actually hit? dude, I don't know if you can even compare the hitting, since they are wearing helmets and pads, I believe naturally they are going to deliver hits a little bit differently, dude, you havent watched much football, you say you have, but you obviously watched a few plays, a couple of times, and decided it was boring! because your description of it, by fact is not correct! not just my opinion, outside of hockey, I don't know of a faster contact sport? Rugby is not even really kind of like it~ I mean there is physical contact on every play, and it's one half contact, and one half strategy! where rugby isnt really that strategic, it's more physical contact, so I wont even compare them! give me tennis anyday!

Mate, no need to convince me how much soccer sucks. The rest of the world knows it... you just have to convince those Brits. ;)

You're right, though, rugby league is not kind of like NFL - rugby league is a free-flowing game with very few pauses and honestly, I have no idea how you can call the NFL a faster contact sport? Are you serious? I've seen plenty of NFL (after I finished school I was unemployed for 5 years with a lot of time to watch a lot of stuff I shouldn't have). The plays are fine (when they eventually happen) but you can't honestly sit here across the candlelit dinner table and look me in the eyes and tell me it is not slowed down do complete boredom by the breaks in play. Every single play, without fail, results in wasted time. I know you said you played rugby once, but you should watch a little more to welcome the full joy into your life.

As for rugby having no strategy. Mate, I think you'd find there is every bit as much strategy in rugby as there is in the NFL. I've had a tour of the mighty Eels' (see signature) training grounds where they took us through all the preparations for a match, which is probably 1/2 physical training and 1/2 strategy. And actually winning a game against an excellent opponent probably takes 3/4 strategy.

Seriously mate, try to download some of the matches from the Mighty Eels' finals campaign last year (last 8 or so games) and tell me these guys just fluke their wins, or that it is not ten times the speed of the NFL. Then take me out to dinner again and we'll discuss this over a prawn salad.

And for the record, I love tennis. Would watch it over NFL or soccer ten times over. ;)

By the way, all you clowns that made comments about soccer - it is the most watched sport in the world. Fact. So when you guys talk about rugby or American Football or any of those other sports that no-one else outside your own countries really bother with, then remember that there isn't a single sport with the global appeal that soccer has. Australia play it, the U.S play it, every country in Europe & South America play it. As much as I respect most of the sports listed, none of them have really taken-off globally (except tennis I guess - and that's dominated by Europeans) and there are pretty good reasons for that....

Have you tried it? It takes a lot of skill. It's not easy to kick and head a ball to where you want it - that's the point. It's a far more flowing game that Gridiron or rugby as well, the stoppages are usually much shorter and less frequent.

For the record, for me football (i.e. soccer) is the best sport in the world, but I love Gridiron, ice hockey, tennis and cricket as well. They are just different!

Gridiron is a great sport, but the television coverage is poor over here so I don't get to see it very often. And I wish the Chiefs weren't so rubbish all the time!

By the way, all you clowns that made comments about soccer - it is the most watched sport in the world. Fact. So when you guys talk about rugby or American Football or any of those other sports that no-one else outside your own countries really bother with, then remember that there isn't a single sport with the global appeal that soccer has. Australia play it, the U.S play it, every country in Europe & South America play it. As much as I respect most of the sports listed, none of them have really taken-off globally (except tennis I guess - and that's dominated by Europeans) and there are pretty good reasons for that....

And Black Eyed Peas, Pink and Eminem rule music charts all over the world.

Have you tried it? It takes a lot of skill. It's not easy to kick and head a ball to where you want it - that's the point. It's a far more flowing game that Gridiron or rugby as well, the stoppages are usually much shorter and less frequent.

Mate, I would give you that if you're playing soccer on a normal level. Professional soccer is getting as bad as NFL with all the penalities due to every poofter and his ass-puppet taking a dive when a foot nears a ball. The game (which admittedly is very fun to play yourself) has been completely ruined by the pussies that play the sport professionally.

Mate, I would give you that if you're playing soccer on a normal level. Professional soccer is getting as bad as NFL with all the penalities due to every poofter and his ass-puppet taking a dive when a foot nears a ball. The game (which admittedly is very fun to play yourself) has been completely ruined by the pussies that play the sport professionally.

Agree wholeheartedly with that, although would like to edit it slightly thus:

"The game (which admittedly is very fun to play yourself) has been completely ruined by the pussies that play the sport professionally and earn a f*cking ridiculous amount of money for doing so."

Money is killing the game at grass roots level, professional football is about money and little else these days, the fans don't matter at all. Still love the game itself though.

Agree wholeheartedly with that, although would like to edit it slightly thus:

"The game (which admittedly is very fun to play yourself) has been completely ruined by the pussies that play the sport professionally and earn a f*cking ridiculous amount of money for doing so."

Money is killing the game at grass roots level, professional football is about money and little else these days, the fans don't matter at all. Still love the game itself though.

The same is true of all sports though. The stakes involved have really spoilt the entertainment levels IMO. Seriously, I'm a big tennis fan but having to sit through that Federer/Murray match on Sunday was painful - it was dull & Murray couldn't make a game of it as he was like a deer caught-in-the-headlights.

Thats just because they havent played Rugby or Football! I cant stand any sport that your not aloud to use your hands! sorry! to aggravating, like I said,"PICK IT UP ALREADY" Christ!!!

And Geoff, I didnt say Rugby didnt have strategy, American Football, is 1 half strategy, where rugby is much more free flowing contact! that's what the boring part is to you, football is on offense, trying to get past 1 defense, by not just being more physical, but being smarter! get what im saying? they really are nothing alike at all! really!! nothingn alike!