Y & T - Down For The Count

Y & T - Down For The Count Favorite Tune  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I heard there was a need for a new poll...so here it is. This is my favorite Y&T album because it's very melodic and very well produced IMO. Many say this is there sell out album, but I don't think so.

Summertime Girls was my first experience with Y&T way back in the 80's and I wish I had purchased it back then. My favorite tunes are ANYTHING FOR MONEY, IN THE NAME OF ROCK, ALL AMERICAN BOY, and SUMMERTIME GIRLS.

How about you guys...

YTdownforthe.jpg

Easy choice - 'Your mamma don't dance'.

PSYCH! LOL!!!

Seriously, though easy choice for me - 'Anytime at all'. LOVE that song. One of my faves from Y&T. Shamelessly melodic and commercial, but brilliant. I also love 'Face like an angel' and 'Hands of time' but as noted, this is a great disc with very few duds on it.

'Anytime At All' followed very closely by 'Face Like An Angel'. Great album except 'THAT' crap song at number 8.

I think anyone who heard Y&T before this album will agree that the band was absolutely desperate for a commercial hit and that weighed heavily on their minds when they released DFTC.

That said, I love this album as much as Black Tiger and Mean Streak and even more than Earthshaker and In Rock and probably play it more than any of their others.

Anytime at All followed by Face Like an Angel for me but I usually play the album in its entirety; even Mama Don't Dance.

Very good album, like everything but probably favour the opener - In The Name Of Rock, followed by Anytime At All.

I voted for "FACE LIKE AN ANGEL" I love that song!! Back when this album came out I really didn't care for it that much because of the overly commercial feel. I was used to "BLACK TIGER", "MEAN STREAK" & "IN ROCK WE TRUST". I had it on vinyl & cassette, but basically forgot about it until about a year ago when I pulled out the cassette to play in my car (don't laugh all I have AM/FM/cassette) & discovered what I had been missing all those years! I loved it! Played it for about 2 weeks straight & finally splurged & bought it on cd...Also love "HANDS OF TIME", "IN THE NAME OF ROCK" & of course "SUMMERTIME GIRLS"....

This is the only old school disc(Pre Contagious) that hasn't been reissued by the band. I wonder why.

I've ordered most of the others through the bands and Meniketti's site and have been very happy with the quality but hope that this one gets issued soon.

This is the only old school disc(Pre Contagious) that hasn't been reissued by the band. I wonder why.

I've ordered most of the others through the bands and Meniketti's site and have been very happy with the quality but hope that this one gets issued soon.

I have an original of this one. I think I bought it the day it was released. Glad I did.

I have an original of this one. I think I bought it the day it was released. Glad I did.

Yeah I looked for a long time for the original pressing never found it so I broke down and purchased the Japanese issue.

Yeah I looked for a long time for the original pressing never found it so I broke down and purchased the Japanese issue.

Majestic Rock reissued it a few years back and I'd buy that one but wanted to wait to give my money straight to the band if I could.

Majestic Rock reissued it a few years back and I'd buy that one but wanted to wait to give my money straight to the band if I could.

Yeah, I bought that one just recently when I had to make up a 6 CD order from MusicBuyMail to get the Vain disc - nice looking re-issue.