Vain - All Those Strangers gets limited release

Nick C

Just dragged myself out of my sick bed (cough cough.....hurrrrl!) to check out what was going on, went over to Rockreport and one of the good folk there have reported that it looks as though Davy Vain has released All Those Strangers. But it's limited to 500 copies, as he says...hurry...grabbed mine!

Here's the link!

http://musicbuymail.eu/index.php?i=29591

Now I'm off back to bed...see you all in a day or to when this passes and I have the energy to do anything...I summoned up extra reserves to spread the word! :christmas:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there you go. Proof I will be bankrupt next year! I immediately went to order and was taken aback by the $11.70 postage costs, but then noted this was for 1-6 CDs and there is no individual postage cost for one CD. So I did what probably most of us clowns do, and "to save money" (LOL!!!!) I bought 5 more CDs. :( Oh well, at least I finally picked up HEAT's disc... and some cool re-issues from Heavy Pettin' and Y&T to round up the collection. At the end of the day, though, I'm just f*cking excited about this Vain disc! I can't believe I'll finally have a proper copy of it. :D

Thanks for the heads up Nick, and get well soon!

Is this for sale anywhere else?

Surely Davy is going to get this released through somewhere else like NEH.

I want this cd very badly but $11.70 for shipping is a fucking ripoff.

So until someone else can sell it cheaper I can't buy this right now.

Is this for sale anywhere else?

Surely Davy is going to get this released through somewhere else like NEH.

I want this cd very badly but $11.70 for shipping is a fucking ripoff.

So until someone else can sell it cheaper I can't buy this right now.

HAHA! You should have seen my post before I edited about 5 times, right after I'd seen the $11.70 postage. The language was most colourful. I can see that this encourages idiots (like me) to buy 6 CDs in order to get my money's worth, but it's pretty unfair to people who just want to pick up one CD.

As for elsewhere, cousin, I have looked all over the net and I can't find it anywhere - not even info on it... even direct from Davy's website. :( I checked NEH too and no luck. I have no idea why, but this seems to be the only place it's available at the moment.

As I have already mentioned somewhere else, you can thank the German postal service for these high shipping cost. It costs me 6 Euros - an equivalent to app. $8.60 - to ship 1 CD to the US, and the same for about 5 CD's (500g).

This is not MusicBuyMail's (Sebastian) fault.

I just ordered one of those Vain's as well. Hopefully I will still get one ...

As others have said I will wait to hear about the quality and surely Davy will get this available elsewhere.

I would much rather he get this issued through a label that can put together a good booklet and remaster it properly ala Rock Candy Records.

is this a silver pressing or cdr...

No one seems to know yet.

I did email Mike and NEH Records and he said it he didn't know anything about it but he was going to look into it. I fear that this is just another cdr but this time it's the band selling them.

I want a proper release of this disc so bad from Rock Candy, Sun City or Eonian with great packaging.

is this a silver pressing or cdr...

No one seems to know yet.

I did email Mike and NEH Records and he said it he didn't know anything about it but he was going to look into it. I fear that this is just another cdr but this time it's the band selling them.

I want a proper release of this disc so bad from Rock Candy, Sun City or Eonian with great packaging.

It is definitely a silver pressed CD. I bought a copy at the gig in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago.

img274.jpg

Is that positively a replicated CD? Or just diamond silver bottom CD-R out of confusion of appearance. People are getting confused by these brands these days.

Does this CD have a barcode?

I would like to get this if it is Silver-Pressed in true.

Yes, there's a barcode and on the opposite side CD1006

Is that positively a replicated CD? Or just diamond silver bottom CD-R out of confusion of appearance. People are getting confused by these brands these days.

Does this CD have a barcode?

I would like to get this if it is Silver-Pressed in true.

A Partially Burned CD-R

Recording starts at the CD's center and spirals outward. You can tell if a CD-R was burned by looking for the slight change in reflectivity on the recording side. In this example, the arrow points to the end of the small recorded area; less than 6% of the total 700MB.

None of that either.

Barcode is usually 12 or 13 numbers on the outside tray depending on country.

Is there an IFPI number pressed into the plastic on the inner ring?

No, neither of those.

Damn. Not looking good so far. Most CD replicators these days (some are lacking) have the IFPI number from their molds pressed into the plastic. It shows that the CD disc was actually injection molded during pressing not like a CD-R duplication which uses pre-made discs.

What does the light spectrum on the bottom look like compared to a known 'Silver-Pressed' CD under a bright light? A real silver-pressed disc will show a subdued rainbow spectrum while most CD-R light spectrums are damn blinding because of the dye.

Whether it's a cd or a cdr it still begs the question why Davy isn't selling this on his site.

Would be good if they included lyrics, photos and biography of the band and a story to why this cd took took so long to be released.

Hope this gets released elsewhere as not paying 17 GBP to buy a cd in Germany when I live in the UK.

If copies hit ebay it may go for stupid prices :(

Still I only ever dreamed this would get released so a step in the right direction, now if only that Blackfish 2nd cd would be re-released.

Whether it's a cd or a cdr it still begs the question why Davy isn't selling this on his site.

Seems odd seeing as he's selling them at gigs already, maybe he needs to speak to his webmaster...or maybe he'll add it if there's any copies left post tour, obviously MBM have secured some copies.

Still looking forward to getting it but I'm not expecting it until post Christmas/New Year.

• 2 weeks later...