Vain - All Those Strangers gets limited release

Nick C

I am still cautious on purchasing this one.

Me too. It's a good album but not as good as the first and the price is a bit too steep for me. I'm sure it will get released properly someday. This is probably Davy's way of making sure there is a market for it and getting money from all the diehards who've been waiting a decade or two for it.

I'll wait till it gets cheaper.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. It's a good album but not as good as the first and the price is a bit too steep for me. I'm sure it will get released properly someday. This is probably Davy's way of making sure there is a market for it and getting money from all the diehards who've been waiting a decade or two for it.

Ok, having it sent to the US from Germany is obviously going to make it expensive, but I have bought it and as far as I can see it is a silver-pressed CD and the sound quality is very good, allthough it doesn't seem to be remastered. At least it doesn't say this anywhere. The packaging is rather simple. Just a 4-page front cover, with the pictures of the 5 band members on the inside. No bonus tracks or anything like that.

It's a great disc, imo, and I do not regret that I bought it ! :)

Ok, having it sent to the US from Germany is obviously going to make it expensive, but I have bought it and as far as I can see it is a silver-pressed CD and the sound quality is very good, allthough it doesn't seem to be remastered. At least it doesn't say this anywhere. The packaging is rather simple. Just a 4-page front cover, with the pictures of the 5 band members on the inside. No bonus tracks or anything like that.

It's a great disc, imo, and I do not regret that I bought it ! smile.gif

Fair enough. Bonus tracks would make me get it ASAP though. A good booklet would've tempted me too but as it's just the four pager like you mention it still seems too pricey for me.

Backed...I'm 100% pleased with it and won't be buying another copy should it be re-released on Rock Candy or anything.

I've noticed on eBay boots of this version already surfacing (same cover as opposed to previous versions where a myriad of different covers were used), one guy even goes as far to say that the CD he is selling is green tinged and to contact him if you don't know what that means!!!!! :o The boots I have seen so far have been in slim jewel cases ... not like this version which is in a regular case with double sided printed tray insert (the tray itself is clear instead of a regular black one). The CD is on Jackie Rainbow Records and gives a link to the davy vain website. These versions (Bernd and mine) are exactly the same as Harvey's even down to the lettering near the CD spindle which he bought at the gig.

Backed...I'm 100% pleased with it and won't be buying another copy should it be re-released on Rock Candy or anything.

I've noticed on eBay boots of this version already surfacing (same cover as opposed to previous versions where a myriad of different covers were used), one guy even goes as far to say that the CD he is selling is green tinged and to contact him if you don't know what that means!!!!! :o The boots I have seen so far have been in slim jewel cases ... not like this version which is in a regular case with double sided printed tray insert (the tray itself is clear instead of a regular black one). The CD is on Jackie Rainbow Records and gives a link to the davy vain website.

Jackie Rainbow is his label so this has to be legit but it is still strange why he wouldn't sale it himself on his own website or through other outlets in his home country.

I bought this release much more cheaply from ebay. It seems a seller on ebay bought a few from one of Vain's gigs and is selling them on ebay. I received mine today and it's 100% legit.

Here's the seller. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/grey29 and here's the item. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAIN-ALL-THOSE-STRAN...=item2c527bfb61

It's exactly how Swazi on this thread described it: Jackie Rainbow records, four page booklet etc.

EDIT: After listening to the album I'm pleased to say the quality is better than the mp3s I already had. I highly recommend this!

You people are evil. Just been listening to the tracks on this album and now I need to buy it. Great stuff.

Yet another CD I need to buy courtesy of reading these forums. Think I'll just have to go cold turkey...

Are they still available?

Seem to be but as mentioned, especially if being sent to the U.S.A. it might be a little pricey.

Music Buy Mail

Still available and yet ONLY 500 copies were made, I think there was a lot more than 500 of this made or its a case of very poor sales as Davy should easily be able to shift all 500 of these. Print to demand more like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking for a few cds Extreme, Reckless Love and Danger Danger to buy in the UK at popular online sites (most offer free postage) like HMV, Amazon and Play.com and absolutely shocked at the prices :angry2:

Anyway I have some good news Vain cd is selling for £8.96 from amazon uk so order it!!

They go for around £20 on ebay, I purchased 1 from amazon just so do yourself a favour and get it.

It's a great community on here so I hope everyone who wants one gets a copy and someone doesn't order lots just to sell on ebay for a profit.

As for the danger danger and extreme cds I will probably end up buying in the next couple of years when the price drops :quagmire:

Anyway I have some good news Vain cd is selling for £8.96 from amazon uk so order it!!

They go for around £20 on ebay, I purchased 1 from amazon just so do yourself a favour and get it.

Thanks for the heads up I just placed my order and it was only $16.74 USD with shipping. That's a good deal compared to what it was ordering straight from Music Buy Mail.

It's a great community on here so I hope everyone who wants one gets a copy and someone doesn't order lots just to sell on ebay for a profit.

:agree:

Well said, hear hear.

Cheers for the tip, never expected to see this on Amazon, but good news.

Stupid question, not trying to start anything, but I bought one of the Vain - All Those Strangers cd's from Metal Mayhem some years back and am wondering if it's worth getting the new release. The one I bought is (from what I can tell) silver pressed and sound quality is great. Just wondering if it's worth shelling out more $$ if I'm basically getting the same thing. Here's the link where I originally purchased it...

https://metalmayhem.com/shop/view_product.php?product=up05529&searchlink=yes&search=VAIN&page=1

Just had email from Amazon it has been dispatched.

As for the Metal Mayhem version I have no idea, as far as I know it was BIG news late last year when it was released so maybe the version you have is just a CDR made from the versions that have been around in trading circles from quite some time.

What details does it say on the label, cd number, copyright and release date (that kind of thing)?

For those who currently own it can compare details with you.

Stupid question, not trying to start anything, but I bought one of the Vain - All Those Strangers cd's from Metal Mayhem some years back and am wondering if it's worth getting the new release. The one I bought is (from what I can tell) silver pressed and sound quality is great. Just wondering if it's worth shelling out more $$ if I'm basically getting the same thing. Here's the link where I originally purchased it...

https://metalmayhem.com/shop/view_product.php?product=up05529&searchlink=yes&search=VAIN&page=1

Not worth buying a new one, imo ....

Not worth buying a new one, imo ....

From what I understood those that had been floating around had been boots without the bands consent where the new one is on Davy's Jackie Rainbow Records but I have no idea about the sound quality. I have mp3s that I always assumed was from one of the boots out there and the quality was good but not great. I've always hoped that a label like Rock Candy would reissue this without a great remastering and killer booklet.

How the hell did I miss the Metal Mayhem one back then? Oh well, got the new one and I'm happy with it. :) Pretty sure the price I paid with bulk shipping from MusicBuyMail is around the same as the Amazon price too, so no worries there. :)

How the hell did I miss the Metal Mayhem one back then? Oh well, got the new one and I'm happy with it. :) Pretty sure the price I paid with bulk shipping from MusicBuyMail is around the same as the Amazon price too, so no worries there. :)

I think to the US the Music Buy Mail was something like $25!!!

I remember Metal Mayhem having this back in the day along with many sellers on Ebay but was always told it was a boot and not from the band.

I think to the US the Music Buy Mail was something like $25!!!

I remember Metal Mayhem having this back in the day along with many sellers on Ebay but was always told it was a boot and not from the band.

Yeah, I think by itself it was about $80 from MusicBuyMail to Australia (:lol:) but the postage rate stays the same for up to 6 CDs, so I just bought 6 CDs and it worked out very well priced. :) You got to spend money to save money. :lol: Or something like that...

I was looking for a few cds Extreme, Reckless Love and Danger Danger to buy in the UK at popular online sites (most offer free postage) like HMV, Amazon and Play.com and absolutely shocked at the prices :angry2:

As for the danger danger and extreme cds I will probably end up buying in the next couple of years when the price drops :quagmire:

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered a copy the other day to replace my CD-R bootleg I've had for years.

Are they making one last album?

If so I hope they return to a sound similar to the first three cds.

For me now they are just like lillian axes new material each release contains only a couple of tracks I like.

I thought that On the Line was a huge return to form after the more trippy Fade(which I love) and Davy's solo disc. It's not all the way back to the debut it's a good combo of the first three discs IMO.