4 police officers killed in Wash. coffee shop

T-BONE

This will be one hell of a manhunt

4 police officers killed in Wash. coffee shop

breaking news

msnbc.com news services

updated 15 minutes ago

PARKLAND, Wash. - A gunman walked into a coffee shop and shot and killed four police officers Sunday morning in what sheriff's officials described as an "execution."

The officers were sitting in the cafe at a strip mall near the Tacoma suburb of Parkland with their laptop computers, preparing for their day shifts, when a man came in and opened fire, Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

The officers were obviously targeted because they were in full uniform and no one else was shot at, Troyer said.

"This was more of an execution. He walked in with the mind of shooting police officers," Troyer said.

It wasn't immediately known if any of the officers were able to return fire. They were declared dead at the scene.

Troyer said two employees and a few customers were in the Forza Coffee shop at the time but no one else was hurt. "As you can imagine they are all traumatized," Troyer said.

Authorities scoured the area for the gunman, who is believed to have fled on foot or by car. The suspect was described as a "scruffy"-looking black man in his 20s or 30s, 5 feet 7 to 5 feet 10, wearing a black coat ands blue jeans.

"We are in the process of searching multiple locations," Troyer said.

Nearby McChord Air Force Base was put on alert.

No advance threats

The victims were three males and one female, all officers with the Lakewood Police Department southwest of Tacoma, Troyer said.

There were no specific advance threats against the officers, Troyer said.

A $10,000 reward was being offered for information leading to those responsible.

Brad Carpenter, the founder of Forza Coffee, is a retired police officer himself, NBC News reported. Carpenter started Forza in 2002 and now has 21 stores, primarily in the Tacoma area.

Troyer said there was no known link between the Pierce County slayings and the Oct. 31 fatal shooting of a Seattle police officer who was ambushed as he sat in a parked patrol car with a rookie partner on a Seattle street.

Christopher John Monfort, 41, is charged with aggravated first-degree murder and attempted murder in that shooting. Monfort is also charged with arson and attempted first-degree murder for an October firebombing at a Seattle maintenance yard that damaged several police vehicles.

I can just imagine this person being executed in a hail of gunfire as retribution. Find this mother fucker and give him what he deserves. Sure death.

Yet,more fuel for the libtard anti-gun cunts to tighten the grip on gun rights.

Yeah!

Take away our guns, but do away with the Death Penalty...

If these cocksuckers are caught, they should never make it to jail.. In fact, don't even read them their rights...

A Scruffy looking "black man"??? I wonder if Sharpton and Jackson are gonna come out in support of these police officers familys???

When this guy is caught, and rest assured He will be.. He will be given the death penalty..

You kill a cop?? you WILL die.. Simple really.....

Unfortunetly, it appears all the cops are white! imagine that! Ive had my run in with cops, and I don't care for many of them, but my little brother is a cop, this dude it appears is dead from what they are saying on the news! it's another scary reminder of what's going on in society, I hope these familys can somehow get some closure, and my heart goes out to them, maybe we should fuck being politically correct, tell the cops they can do what they need to do to make sure they go home safe every night, and NOT!!! have them second guessing wondering if they will get in trouble for something they need to do!!! this is fucking beyond horrible!!

They have a suspect now.... It's interesting to see this guys RAP SHEET and then wonder why the fuck he was still wandering the streets? A 95 YEAR sentence cummuted by an Arkansas governor who is expected to run for prezzie in 2012? I have a feeling that this incident will taint that election if it happens

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/30/washin...olice.shooting/

You watch, the media will twist this every which way they can to sweep that under the rug! keep an eye on Bill O' Reilly, he will dig it up, and go after whoever the judge is that let this guy walk!

• My Little Pony
One less lowlife around......the only problem is there are a shitload of them still around....

That's the unfortunate truth.