Interviewing David Reece on Monday

Blue Charvel

Surely you'll ask him about being in Accept and the 'Eat the Heat' disc.

Also how did Bangalore Choir come together and did they have any other songs they recorded that haven't been released such as tunes for a second album?

Also what happened to the Bangalore Choir reunion that was supposed to happen?

Please please force him to record another BC album. LOL.

Point out how former Bangalore Choir & Razormaid Guitarist John Kirk plays and wrote two songs on David's new solo disc and if that means they are going to continue to work together?

Also how did Danny Gill(Hericane Alice/Medicine Wheel) come about playing on the Gypsy Rose's "Million Miles"?

Is there another Gypsy Rose album coming soon?

Pete.....was curious if there is another Gypsy Rose album in the works already? If so, can we expect the same style of writing which we've been treated to on the last two efforts, or is there some new experimentation planned. I always hate it when a band lays groundwork with a particular style and then all of a sudden, we are surprised with a change of direction on subsequent releases. You can think of tons of examples of bands who seem to have a successful direction and then they either get bored or want to "lay down new direction and experiment somewhere they have no business". Both of the previous two releases have had regular rotation in my CD player the past several months. I'm really hooked on this style right now.

I'm really looking forward to this interview Pete so don't hold back bud! :)

Wes covered the questions I had.

Oh, and tell him I'm his biggest fan!

Wow, that's a lot of questions... he already mentioned to me that he is currently working on the BC album, so I would say that's still happening... :D

Find out who's in the lineup.

John, Curt, Jackie and Ian?(crosses fingers)

And what do the new songs sound like? Like the debut?

Also can you ask him what he ate for breakfast yesterday? ;)

Ask him if he was ever really in the running to replace Rob Halford in Priest or if that's just another one of those internet BS stories.

Priest ?? Never heard that one.Hell,he couldn't even do the old Accept stuff worth a crap.

Rumor was up for that gig before Owens came into the picture.

But it was also rumored the Ralph Scheepers was up for the job as well.

Ask him if he has the new FARCRY CD then proceed to discuss your guitar playing on each track for the remaining six interview questions. :gone:

Oddly enough, this all started when David friended me on MySpace. When I accepted, I mentioned that I enjoyed the new material, and he responded that he liked "Love Won't Wait", the profile song on my personal page... so I was like fuck it, hey David, want to do an interview?

Still I like your idea...

1. So David, obviously all of my solos are awesome, but which one is your favorite?

2. I would be a welcome addition to anyone's band, which of your projects past and present do you wish you were able to score me as your guitarist.

3. Like most people, I'm sure you have multiple copies of the FarCry CD so you have one wherever you happen to be. Where is your favorite place to listen to it?

4. In addition to being extremely talented, I'm sexy as hell, which guitar do you think I look better with, the blue one or the red one?

;)

Ask him if he has the new FARCRY CD then proceed to discuss your guitar playing on each track for the remaining six interview questions. :gone:

Oddly enough, this all started when David friended me on MySpace. When I accepted, I mentioned that I enjoyed the new material, and he responded that he liked "Love Won't Wait", the profile song on my personal page... so I was like fuck it, hey David, want to do an interview?

Still I like your idea...

1. So David, obviously all of my solos are awesome, but which one is your favorite?

2. I would be a welcome addition to anyone's band, which of your projects past and present do you wish you were able to score me as your guitarist.

3. Like most people, I'm sure you have multiple copies of the FarCry CD so you have one wherever you happen to be. Where is your favorite place to listen to it?

4. In addition to being extremely talented, I'm sexy as hell, which guitar do you think I look better with, the blue one or the red one?

;)

:lol:

... Still I like your idea...

;)

Now that is the way to end a proper interview. :lol:

;)

Somehow I don't think I'd make it through question 2 if I was lucky... ;)

Hey Wes, you may want to check out the David Reece website here with regard to his thoughts on the Accept reunion, etc. I probably won't ask him too much about Accept as it seems he hasn't talked to the guys in years, and I think they're sticking with Tornillo. It's probably their best move anyway if they want to sound like "classic" Accept, listen to the old TT Quick stuff, Mark sounds pretty similar to Udo. Should be interesting to say the least...

I'm definitely going to ask him about Gypsy Rose at some point. :)

I'm just glad the guy is still putting out product. I think he was a great voice and look forward to hearing more from him.

Have you heard the new solo album he put out in August? I really like it, he does sound great, best I've heard since Bangalore Choir IMO.

;)

Somehow I don't think I'd make it through question 2 if I was lucky... ;)

Hey Wes, you may want to check out the David Reece website here with regard to his thoughts on the Accept reunion, etc. I probably won't ask him too much about Accept as it seems he hasn't talked to the guys in years, and I think they're sticking with Tornillo. It's probably their best move anyway if they want to sound like "classic" Accept, listen to the old TT Quick stuff, Mark sounds pretty similar to Udo. Should be interesting to say the least...

I'm definitely going to ask him about Gypsy Rose at some point. :)

Cool thanks Pete.

I'm just glad the guy is still putting out product. I think he was a great voice and look forward to hearing more from him.

Have you heard the new solo album he put out in August? I really like it, he does sound great, best I've heard since Bangalore Choir IMO.

Is on my wish list, sounds like I need to make it a priority. I really like the Stream album he did. It just didn't get much pub.

Would be cool to hear if he has any good memories of the Dareforce days [and if there is still reunion hopes?] or the Twin Cities 80's metal scene. I think he is still living back here, but have not seen him around in a few years.

Unfortunately we did not cover any of that man so I would say there is probably not much chance with the solo record out and the new Bangalore Choir coming. He's also living in Germany right now.

I still have to transcribe this interview, but it is done and I think it went really well. :)

Would be cool to hear if he has any good memories of the Dareforce days [and if there is still reunion hopes?] or the Twin Cities 80's metal scene. I think he is still living back here, but have not seen him around in a few years.

Unfortunately we did not cover any of that man so I would say there is probably not much chance with the solo record out and the new Bangalore Choir coming. He's also living in Germany right now.

I still have to transcribe this interview, but it is done and I think it went really well. :)

Looking forward to checking this out. Was listening to the "Another World" cd yesterday. Great Album IMO.