Dokken concert

Leykis101

I'm sitting in the VIP lounge waiting for Dokken to finally come on! I get to meet Don after the show! i'll get pictures

I started chanting for them to play Wicked Sensation! that wasn't seen as very funny

I started chanting for them to play Wicked Sensation! that wasn't seen as very funny

I'll bet! :lol:

Hope he didn't have the same "problems" that arose when he played DRF. ;)

Well you guys, Ive met many musicians, actors, etc. and maybe he was just in a bad mood, but Don Dokken is a fucking douche bag!!!! Mick was fucking great, and so was the rest of the band! but let me tell you this, me and my friend know the promoter of this club they played at, we got the Vip room that was side by side with the bands! the same one we got for Great White, (who were all awesome guys) but Im sorry I paid the money for the VIP Room! if I knew then what I know now, I would have just paid the $20 for a GA ticket and watched it from the floor!

Well you guys, Ive met many musicians, actors, etc. and maybe he was just in a bad mood, but Don Dokken is a fucking douche bag!!!! Mick was fucking great, and so was the rest of the band! but let me tell you this, me and my friend know the promoter of this club they played at, we got the Vip room that was side by side with the bands! the same one we got for Great White, (who were all awesome guys) but Im sorry I paid the money for the VIP Room! if I knew then what I know now, I would have just paid the $20 for a GA ticket and watched it from the floor!

Really? I have experienced the other way around. Wild Mick has never been personable to me or my wife. Don has gone out of his way on every occasion to make sure we are taken care of and is a great guy.

Fucking strange! Douche Bag is a little harsh, he was kind of funny, cause he was walking around upstairs at this club, standing in back of people, nobody even recognized it was him! he seemed to be very amused, I spotted him the second my friend told me to look! but he wouldnt sign anything, he wouldnt do pics, whoever the guitar player is was pretty sociable, I didnt know him, but Mick is a fucking wild man, and was more then willing to sign anything! but I always felt being a dick to people that appreciate what you do is kind of an oxi moron, because with out them, you probably wouldnt be doing it! Right?

He seemed a little distant at DRF, but I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. I'll see them again in Chicopee, MA at Maximum Capacity when FarCry, Tango Down and Goodbye Thrill open up for him August 15th. I'll say one thing though, Levin is an amazing guitarist either way!

I got a pick with all of them at DRF and none of them were very socialable but none of them wanted to have much of a conversation either. All of them, especially John, seemed to be in a hurry to get out of there.

On the other hand Firehouse always take the time, especially Bill and CJ, to make sure everyone gets a pic or autograph if they want one.

I got a pick with all of them at DRF and none of them were very socialable but none of them wanted to have much of a conversation either. All of them, especially John, seemed to be in a hurry to get out of there.

On the other hand Firehouse always take the time, especially Bill and CJ, to make sure everyone gets a pic or autograph if they want one.

The guys in Firehouse are a class act. :bowdown:

The guys in Firehouse are a class act. :bowdown:

Totally agree and heck Bill even commented on one of my photos on Facebook.

Who else takes the time to do that? Probably not to many.

Don't get me wrong guys, I understand totally, I mean these guys have been doing this and dealing with people for 30 fucking years! but if it bugs them that much to show a little appreciation for people that keep the flame alive on a largely irrelevant genre of music, as far as America goes, get out of music! or dont play shows! you know? I know they don't ever have to do another tour again, and they will never need the money! (unless they are from Motley Crue) so it's gotta tell you they just love performing, but if you don't keep that close touch alive with the people that go to watch them, it wont be long before people don't go to watch them! Here's my living example, Me and my best friend hung out with Superjoint Ritual after a show in Salt Lake one night! they were just the coolest fucking guys ever! but it really wasnt a secret who me and my friend really wanted to hang out with! he was are Idol growing up, my friend has his face silhouette tattooed on his forearm! the moment came, and Ive never in all the people, musicians etc ive ever met, met a bigger fucking cocksucker, a more arrogant load that should have been swalloed, then Phil! and ive hated Superjoint Ritual, and havent been able to even dig Pantera since that day, I'll never attend another of their concerts as long as I live! and that's how I know personally from experience!

Don't get me wrong guys, I understand totally, I mean these guys have been doing this and dealing with people for 30 fucking years! but if it bugs them that much to show a little appreciation for people that keep the flame alive on a largely irrelevant genre of music, as far as America goes, get out of music! or dont play shows! you know? I know they don't ever have to do another tour again, and they will never need the money! (unless they are from Motley Crue) so it's gotta tell you they just love performing, but if you don't keep that close touch alive with the people that go to watch them, it wont be long before people don't go to watch them! Here's my living example, Me and my best friend hung out with Superjoint Ritual after a show in Salt Lake one night! they were just the coolest fucking guys ever! but it really wasnt a secret who me and my friend really wanted to hang out with! he was are Idol growing up, my friend has his face silhouette tattooed on his forearm! the moment came, and Ive never in all the people, musicians etc ive ever met, met a bigger fucking cocksucker, a more arrogant load that should have been swalloed, then Phil! and ive hated Superjoint Ritual, and havent been able to even dig Pantera since that day, I'll never attend another of their concerts as long as I live! and that's how I know personally from experience!

I totally get where you're coming from, and from a semi-pro like myself, I can't even IMAGINE not being thankful for your fans at ANY level. Nothing worse than feeling like you're being a bother to the people you admire.

I've heard that about Phil too.

I think Phil stood for what he acted like he stood for at one time! I just think the success went to his head! he thought he was bigger then he really was! and you know when your a kid, you look up to people like they are bigger then they really are! So I dont hold shit against anybody, but I'll never see him the same as I once did!

I totally get where you're coming from, and from a semi-pro like myself, I can't even IMAGINE not being thankful for your fans at ANY level. Nothing worse than feeling like you're being a bother to the people you admire.

I've heard that about Phil too.

Hey bro! I dont consider you a semi pro! from the way a metal fan sitting in his room, in Ogden Utah, listening to all the other bands out there, I'd say you made it! I mean Ive got you in between Blue Tears and Sleeze Beez on the playlist on my Ipod! id say that's making it!

I think Phil stood for what he acted like he stood for at one time! I just think the success went to his head! he thought he was bigger then he really was! and you know when your a kid, you look up to people like they are bigger then they really are! So I dont hold shit against anybody, but I'll never see him the same as I once did!

Large quantities of heroin sure don't help one's attitude either... ;)

Major thanks for the props in your next post btw, I'm honored! :drink:

Large quantities of heroin sure don't help one's attitude either... ;)

Major thanks for the props in your next post btw, I'm honored! :drink:

Just being honest! I don't see to many american musicians as Pro's anymore, but bands that understand that America is about the only country that Melodic Rock isnt the norm anymore, well they have a whole world craving the stuff! and I don't know how easy it is to get that music from America to the rest of the world, but I know they don't have to get it to me, i'll find it, and if all you other guys are like me, youve discovered being pro-active is the only way to find the music you like! Murray Daigle of Emerald Rain just saw Perplexed on my favorite albums poll I took on facebook, he was astounded, that's sad, because I thought Canadians had it good up there, It shouldnt be that suprising that americans still love melodic rock, but I can see where It would be hard, since American Melodic Rockers are hard to find, and Im in America! If it werent for spots like HH(actually the only one I belong to) I think shit would be pretty tough right now! But yes Pete! you are officially a Pro! and your albums not on my favs, simply because it hasnt been out long enough, I listen to it everyday, and all I can say, is I believe it's a solid fucking album, and could very well be on my fave top 10 by the end of the year! the albums on my list have all been out over 5 years, and No, Steel Panther isnt on there either! Sorry Geoff!