WITNESS/WEST OF SUNSET/CHINA SKY

TIM (2)

Following the Clif Magness/BLVD/Think Out Loud comes these (plus Joe Lamont/Andy Fraser/Tom De Luca). They're definitely hitting all the big rare AOR discs, luckily I sold my copy of all of these three already for good prices (the West of Sunset fetched over £100) so will pick these up....

Good to know that they are taking care of westcoast/AOR as well (the West of sunset album is really a great example of Swedish westcoast/lite aor ) Can't wait for them all. Those guys know what they're doing.

Nice stuff. The Andy Fraser album is superb and long overdue a release on cd, so that is another crossed off my list. Some very tasty treats on all of these discs, so a big thumbs up to Yesterrock for getting these re-issued.

Actually the Witness is the only one I wouldn't bother picking up again - even for standard CD prices. It's good, with stunning production and guitar work, but I thought it was pretty overrated. CHINA SKY is the best of this bunch IMO...

Surprisely Joe Lamont LP has never been reissued on CD.

Great news, really.

It's one of the 80's album that need a CD pressing :beerbang:

Hopefully Rock Candy can get there in time as I understand Yesterrock are not paying artists thier due royalties thanks to loophole within the German / European music industry :( :( :( :( Hopefully I am wrong here :beerbang:

Surprisely Joe Lamont LP has never been reissued on CD.

Great news, really.

It's one of the 80's album that need a CD pressing :beerbang:

Hopefully Rock Candy can get there in time as I understand Yesterrock are not paying artists thier due royalties thanks to loophole within the German / European music industry :( :( :( :( Hopefully I am wrong here :beerbang:

I'll definitely be going the Rock Candy route with the Witness and off load my original copy, as they are way ahead the best re-issue label around.

Actually the Witness is the only one I wouldn't bother picking up again - even for standard CD prices. It's good, with stunning production and guitar work, but I thought it was pretty overrated. CHINA SKY is the best of this bunch IMO...

Have you heard the Andy Fraser album TIM? - Stunning and definitely the pick of these, although it has some illustrious company here for sure. I have had a vinyl rip for ages and play it all the time. Wait until you hear the title track or 'Living This Eternal Dream', I think you will definitely give it the thumbs up big time.. :drink:

Andy Fraser 'Fine Fine Line' is ESSENTIAL ! One of the most terrific 80's AOR I ever heard ! Finally released on CD I can't believe my eyes !!!! This disc is a real masterpiece !

Witness is a must have as well.

Andy Fraser 'Fine Fine Line' is ESSENTIAL ! One of the most terrific 80's AOR I ever heard ! Finally released on CD I can't believe my eyes !!!! This disc is a real masterpiece !

Witness is a must have as well.

You sent me the vinyl rip on CD a long time ago, remember ?!?! Thanks again for that beauty ! :drink:

This is one reissue to definitely get !!

You sent me the vinyl rip on CD a long time ago, remember ?!?! Thanks again for that beauty ! :drink:

This is one reissue to definitely get !!

Yep my friend I remember.

I Sent a copy to Jez as well

I'm a great fan of this album. Imho it's a real masterpiece, unfortunatly pretty much unknown.

I'll definitely be going the Rock Candy route with the Witness and off load my original copy, as they are way ahead the best re-issue label around.

Jez,

Thanks for your support. It'll be a great release!

I know one online shop I was just talking to this morning, that is definitely only going the Rock Candy route aswell, down to the quality of the re-issues and the fact that they are cheaper to sell than the Yesterrock stuff. Not criticising Yesterrock at all, as their stuff has been excellent so fa and I will continue getting them in most instances. I look forward to the Witness anyway mate. :drink:

I don't know Andy Fraser or West Of Sunset but I'd love to pick up the Witness disc, and for a cool re-issue price I'd grab China Sky too. Good disc, but Witness slaughters it, imo, and that's from only a partial fan of female vocals.

The China Sky disc reminds me soooo much of Simon Chase debut. Both consistent as hell but where are the killer cuts?

Some top releases there - I like the China Sky but the Witness....meh! It's okay I sold it yonks ago and I use to see it cheap everywhere then suddenly it goes for big money!

West of Sunset ... dunno... never heard it.....

It's a poor show regarding royalties though, and it does make me think twice about grabbing stuff from them.

The China Sky disc reminds me soooo much of Simon Chase debut. Both consistent as hell but where are the killer cuts?

That's exactly my view on the WITNESS disc. Lots of good tunes and quality musicianship, but unlike the ALEXA album (where there are 2 stunning tracks and very little else) this is just very solid throughout with no killer cut.

That's exactly my view on the WITNESS disc. Lots of good tunes and quality musicianship, but unlike the ALEXA album (where there are 2 stunning tracks and very little else) this is just very solid throughout with no killer cut.

the last 2 tracks are excellent IMO, esp Borrowed Time.

Imho the best news from these reissues is the Andy Fraser 'Fine Fine Line'... AOR fans, don't miss this one.

(next step the reissue of the BE Taylor Group "Our World" with bonus and a good remastering ?)

the last 2 tracks are excellent IMO, esp Borrowed Time.

That Brad Gillis solo on 'Show Me What You Got' is absolute killer and that is definitely my fave track on the Witness disc. Schon's stuff is pretty good aswell. All in all a pretty damned good and consistent disc for me.

The China Sky is great too, 'The Last Romantic Warrior' with it's Southern Rock/ AOR crossover, 'Turn On The Night', 'The Glory' 'Some Kind Of Miracle', 'Winner Takes It All' - all being killer tracks.

Of the two, I would give China Sky the nod, but both are great discs.

Imho the best news from these reissues is the Andy Fraser 'Fine Fine Line'... AOR fans, don't miss this one.

(next step the reissue of the BE Taylor Group "Our World" with bonus and a good remastering ?)

The Andy Fraser is definitely a killer disc with some fantastic songs on it Chris. I am so stoked this is getting a proper CD re-issue I can tell you. One of my fave ever Hi-tech AOR albums of all