Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Blue Oyster Cult - Imaginos

Genesis - The Lambs Lies Down On Broadway

Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omniscient

Ayreon - The Human Equation

Steel Panther's 'Feel The Steel'

What's the concept?? Filth. Pure, unadulterated filth :D

Are you serious? That is blasphemy even mentioning them in this post surrounded by loads of real bands.

If that is the case, I will say anything by The River Bottom Nightmare Band from Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. :crazy:

Are you serious? That is blasphemy even mentioning them in this post surrounded by loads of real bands.

No offence to the bands in this thread, but I've steered clear of 99% of these albums for good reason. I guess it depends on what your definition of "real" music is. For me, it's music that's good. That makes Steel Panther a real band.

Not really intentionally written or recorded as a concept album, but Slide It In has a definite theme running through it from beginning to end. It might as well be titled, “The Overactive Libido of Lil’ Davey Coverdale.” As a matter of fact, pretty much EVERY Whitesnake album could be named that. But before anyone jumps all over me for being a Whitesnake/Coverdale hater, let me point out that I actually like this album. It’s just that you have to admit the man could stand to use a little variety in his source material every now and then.

Title – Theme:

All Or Nothing – I’m Gonna Get Laid Tonight

Gambler – I Just Wanna Get Laid

Give Me More Time – Take Me Back, So I Can Get Laid

Guilty Of Love – Oh, I’ve Been Laid Before

Hungry For Love – Lookin’ To Get Laid

Love Ain’t No Stranger – I Used To Get Laid

Slide It In – Shut Up, And Lay Me

Slow An’ Easy - Lay Me Gently

Spit It Out – Don’t Bother Laying Me; Start Munchin’

Standing In The Shadow – We Lonely Folks Wanna Get Laid, Too

See? Instead of throwing the high, hard one right down the middle on every pitch, why not mix in the curve, or a change-up?

Not really intentionally written or recorded as a concept album, but Slide It In has a definite theme running through it from beginning to end. It might as well be titled, “The Overactive Libido of Lil’ Davey Coverdale.” As a matter of fact, pretty much EVERY Whitesnake album could be named that. But before anyone jumps all over me for being a Whitesnake/Coverdale hater, let me point out that I actually like this album. It’s just that you have to admit the man could stand to use a little variety in his source material every now and then.

Title – Theme:

All Or Nothing – I’m Gonna Get Laid Tonight

Gambler – I Just Wanna Get Laid

Give Me More Time – Take Me Back, So I Can Get Laid

Guilty Of Love – Oh, I’ve Been Laid Before

Hungry For Love – Lookin’ To Get Laid

Love Ain’t No Stranger – I Used To Get Laid

Slide It In – Shut Up, And Lay Me

Slow An’ Easy - Lay Me Gently

Spit It Out – Don’t Bother Laying Me; Start Munchin’

Standing In The Shadow – We Lonely Folks Wanna Get Laid, Too

See? Instead of throwing the high, hard one right down the middle on every pitch, why not mix in the curve, or a change-up?

The same could be said for thousands of bands in the genre me thinks. ;)

If that is the case, I will say anything by The River Bottom Nightmare Band from Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. :crazy:

im getting tired of this "real bands" crap in response to Steel Panther....has no-one listened to the lyrics of Unkinny Bop and (Flesh & Blood) Sacrifice?

and dont tell me you think Poison are just as much of a joke, because the majority of this forum is made up of people who like that kinda music.....if you dont listen to atleast some music with stupid lyrics then why are you here? :unsure:

im getting tired of this "real bands" crap in response to Steel Panther....has no-one listened to the lyrics of Unkinny Bop and (Flesh & Blood) Sacrifice?

and dont tell me you think Poison are just as much of a joke, because the majority of this forum is made up of people who like that kinda music.....if you dont listen to atleast some music with stupid lyrics then why are you here? :unsure:

Poison are much more of a joke, as they are unintentionally hilarious.

Poison are much more of a joke, as they are unintentionally hilarious.

:agree:

Planet P Project - Pink World

Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow (no matter how drippy people think it is)

Dave Greenslade - The Pentateuch of the Cosmogony

Grobschnitt - Rockpommels Land

oh yeah

Andrew W.K. I Get Wet :lol:

have to pick one Marillion Misplaced Childhood

some others are

Thick as a Brick

Lamb lies down

Dream Theater-Scenes

Renaissance =S and other stories

JTull= Passion Play