Alice Cooper v Ozzy Osbourne

Alice v Ozzy  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alice Cooper versus Ozzy Osbourne.... let the battle begin!

Blimey! That was harder than I thought! The early Sabbath would win against anything IMO. The 70-75 Cooper is excellent and would knock spots off many others but just can't compete! Into the 80's -00's I don't particulaerly like either Cooper or the Ozzman!

The early Sabbath would win against anything IMO.

:tumbsup:

I went with Ozzy/Sabbath over most of the early AC up until the last two Ozzy Sabbath duds.

Alice then won with Trash and Hey Stupid although both of those were even tough choices.

I love so many old Alice Cooper songs but it's hard to top the first 6 Sabbath releases when comparing the two.

Wow - That was extremely hard, but I got there eventually. The Hardest was deciding between 'Hey Stoopid' and 'No More Tears' & 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and 'Billion Dollar Babies' all of which are great discs. At the end of the day it went 10 to Sabbs/Ozzy and 9 to Alice, but overall I prefer Alice as an artist (especially in the last 10 years when he has fucked over Ozzy big time) very close though.

My votes went thus:

Black Sabbath - S/T

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (But only just)

Alice Cooper - Killer

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 (Only Just - Love 'Schools Out' aswell)

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Only because the title track is my fave Sabbs track ever, 'BDB' is a classic Alice disc though)

Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy

Alice Cooper - From The Inside (One of my fave AC albums)

Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz (This is where AC went a bit weird and new wave - odd good tracks for sure, but not comparable to the Ozzy stuff. 'Blizzard' Still rocks today and my fave Ozzy album bar non)

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of A Madman

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin

Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute (Fantastic Live disc this one)

Alice Cooper - Trash

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid (Very Close)

Alice Cooper - The Last Temptation

Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet (Heavy as fuck and a great disc)

Alice Cooper - Dirty Diamonds

Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider

Wow - That was extremely hard, but I got there eventually. The Hardest was deciding between 'Hey Stoopid' and 'No More Tears' & 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and 'Billion Dollar Babies' all of which are great discs. At the end of the day it went 10 to Sabbs/Ozzy and 9 to Alice, but overall I prefer Alice as an artist (especially in the last 10 years when he has fucked over Ozzy big time) very close though.

GREAT poll Bro! :tumbsup:

My votes went thus:

Black Sabbath - S/T

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (But only just)

Alice Cooper - Killer

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4 (Only Just - Love 'Schools Out' aswell)

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Only because the title track is my fave Sabbs track ever, 'BDB' is a classic Alice disc though)

Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy

Alice Cooper - From The Inside (One of my fave AC albums)

Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz (This is where AC went a bit weird and new wave - odd good tracks for sure, but not comparable to the Ozzy stuff. 'Blizzard' Still rocks today and my fave Ozzy album bar non)

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of A Madman

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin

Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute (Fantastic Live disc this one)

Alice Cooper - Trash

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid (Very Close)

Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet (Heavy as fuck and a great disc)

Alice Cooper - Dirty Diamonds

Alice Cooper - Along Came A Spider

Love Alice, Sabbath and Ozzy.

Own every Alice Cooper album except the last one but IMO, Hey Stoopid was his last great album, Last Temptation was not bad and then from there on he has headed in a direction I don't really like, but then again Ozzy IMO has headed down the same path.

Even though I picked Alice over most of the early Sabbath, the Sabbath albums are still gems and would beat most other Artists / Bands.

Went with:

Black Sabbath 1-2

Alice - 3-8

Ozzy - 9-12

Alice - 13-18

Ozzy - 19

Still have not got Along Came A Spider because I simply did not like it....Will get it later though when it's in the bargin bin for no other reason than to own them all

I don't have 80% of those albums so I won't vote but here' what I can vote on:

Alice Cooper - Trash

Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For the Wicked

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid

Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears

Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzmosis

All 3 Ozzy discs are okay, but in the first two cases the Alice Cooper albums crush them. The 3rd is almost 50/50 but I'll give it to Alice, just.

I cant vote either as dont own all the discs - esp the early years and the latter stuff.

What I would say is that from 'Bizzard Of Oz' to 'Tribute' Ozzy rules. All those albums are fantastic. The guitar work is sublime courtesy of Randy Rhoads and Jake E Lee.

Wow I haven't heard all Sabbath & AC stuff (especially the early ones), so I will not vote. But man, what a difficult choice between these four KILLER albums : The Ultimate Sin vs. Constrictor & No More Tears vs. Hey Stoopid! I'll choose the 4!

• 2 months later...