new GOTTHARD release due Sept. 4th

rob62972

new tune on their myspace - Shangri-La. Another nice sounding track.

Yep, another cool track. I prefer the first one, but that one's good too. Setting the scene for a great disc.

• 4 weeks later...

Lipservice was their best album, Domino effect don't do much for me.

Hope it will be closer to Lservice, Gonna see them live the 24 of October.

I already saw them, years ago, great show,

I was surprised that Steve Lee speak Italian perfectly.

i have to say i disagree with the comments below the video..........I think this is another great song and on the strength of the songs ive heard so far this will be better than Dominoe Effect and at least on a par with Lipservice.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, my initial thoughts after a spin:

Firstly, these guys have never suffered from poor production, but this is a step up, imo. This disc sounds a million dollars. For me that was immediately apparent.

As for the songs, I have to say straight away that it does not quite match 'Domino Effect'. 'Shangri-la' is a good solid hard rocking opener and 'Unspoken words' is even better. Killer bridge and I'm still skeptical of the choice of drumming in the chorus... but it's a good song. The title track is a killer ballad and this appears to be the order of the day. There are about three really strong ballads on this CD (I think 'Don't let me know' was another) which appear to be my early faves.

I only detected two blatant fillers so far - 'Unconditional Faith' and 'Break away'. But the rest all seems like good solid hard rock and great ballads. As I said, doesn't quite match 'Domino Effect' and won't crack my top 5 list this year, but looking forward to many more spins. I think it's a good one.

Firstly, these guys have never suffered from poor production, but this is a step up, imo. This disc sounds a million dollars. For me that was immediately apparent.

As for the songs, I have to say straight away that it does not quite match 'Domino Effect'. 'Shangri-la' is a good solid hard rocking opener and 'Unspoken words' is even better. Killer bridge and I'm still skeptical of the choice of drumming in the chorus... but it's a good song. The title track is a killer ballad and this appears to be the order of the day. There are about three really strong ballads on this CD (I think 'Don't let me know' was another) which appear to be my early faves.

I only detected two blatant fillers so far - 'Unconditional Faith' and 'Break away'. But the rest all seems like good solid hard rock and great ballads. As I said, doesn't quite match 'Domino Effect' and won't crack my top 5 list this year, but looking forward to many more spins. I think it's a good one.

From your comments it sounds like i need to get around to picking this up.

I liked both Domino Effect and Lipservice quite a bit.

Yeah, there's no doubt you'll like this too. It'll be interesting to see how this ranks with those two albums once it's had time to sink in with everyone. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sit inbetween the two with most people.

For those who preferred 'Domino Effect' (like me) this might just slightly outrank 'Lip Service' and for those who prefer 'Lip Service' (the entire world) this one might rate a little higher than 'Domino Effect' for you guys.

As I say, it'll be interesting to see when it all sinks in.

Yeah, there's no doubt you'll like this too. It'll be interesting to see how this ranks with those two albums once it's had time to sink in with everyone. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sit inbetween the two with most people.

For those who preferred 'Domino Effect' (like me) this might just slightly outrank 'Lip Service' and for those who prefer 'Lip Service' (the entire world) this one might rate a little higher than 'Domino Effect' for you guys.

gets better with each spin that is for sure.............

What about the people who thought "Dominoe Effect" was a heap of shit?

I think this is better than Dominoe Effect.

Well, if someone like that existed they'd have 0 taste in music and their opinions would not matter. :P

• 1 month later...

I just got this and it's very good with the title track being my fav tune after one spin and it could be one of my fav songs of 2009. So far I don't like this one as much as 'Lipservice' but it's right there with 'Domino Effect' IMO but maybe not quite as good. All in all a great disc that is sure to move up my yearly favs the more spins it gets.