Journey - New albums New Singers

Which was the better album  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okeee Dokeee...Journey singers...fun! We've lived with the new(ish) album with Arnel on board but how does it compare to Arrival with Steve Augeri.

Was Arrival or Revelation better in introducing a new vocalist? Which album did you feel was stronger? Which vocalist do you think performed better on their respective albums?

Fight fight fight fight!!!!

'Arrival' had some great tracks, but overall I think 'Revelation' is the more consistent of the 2 and gets my vote. 2 great albums though and I play them both regularly. Vocalist wise, much more difficult, as I loved Augeri with the band, but I'm also think Pineda did a great job and has my total respect, especially when all the 'Journey aren't Journey without Perry' freaks had the knives out ready for him, only to really kick them in the ass, stick the middle finger to them all and deliver a great vocal performance. Personally, I'll give Augeri the vote over Pineda but not by very much.

I went with "Revelation", though I love both.

Next went with Pineda, who is extraordinary, by a whisker over Augeri.

I think if Arrival would have left off 2 ballads and added 2 rockers or just left off 2 ballads the album would be FANTASTIC. With the final track selection I will say it is very good. I think this poll is too difficult for me to vote on though.

IMO 'Revelation' is by far the better disc, even though 'Arrival' is actually pretty cool, but littered with a lot of filler too. In fact, 'Revelation' is actually the best disc from Journey that I have heard. As for vocals, either is fine with me but I do think the new dude, Pinyada, is the better. Augeri never did much for me, mostly for his part in one of the worst bands ever - Tall Stories.

Well after ummming and ahhh ing I finally made up my mind and went for the Augeri option in both cases. I thought he brought a slightly different sound to the band which I quite liked (but Red 13 and Generations were a bit of a step backwards). Having said that Pineda has done an astounding job and I like Revelation a whole bunch...I just think Arrival edges it.

Well after ummming and ahhh ing I finally made up my mind and went for the Augeri option in both cases. I thought he brought a slightly different sound to the band which I quite liked (but Red 13 and Generations were a bit of a step backwards). Having said that Pineda has done an astounding job and I like Revelation a whole bunch...I just think Arrival edges it.

IM in the minority in saying i love Red 13. Augeri does an awesome performance on it!

Wow, what debate? This for me is a no brainer.

I do really like 'Arrival' and it has some great songs, but for me 'Revelation' is Journey's best album since 'Frontiers' and a massive return to form for the band. So 'Revelation' easily wins that one.

Now to the singers......I like Augeri's singing style and it suited Journey. He does a stellar job on 'Arrival'. However, live is where is counts my friends, and live Im afraid is where Augeri can no longer cut it. When I saw Augeri at Manchester a couple of years back I was in the 10th row and thought his performance was fantastic - he hit every note with ease - I was blown away. Then the clip tape stories hit the internet. At first I didnt believe these stories cos I reckoned I knew when someone was miming or using a clip tape - I mean after 20 years of seeing gigs I reckoned I knew what was real and what wasnt........

But then I saw Augeri at FF last year playing with Tall Stories and fuck me if that performance wasnt abysmal. I mean truly shocking beyond belief. The guy just cannot sing.

Whereas I have to say that Pineda's vocal peformance at Hammy Odeon last year was nothing short of stunning. His 'Faithfully' was 100% spot on.

Pindea for me by a country mile.

Wow, what debate? This for me is a no brainer.

I do really like 'Arrival' and it has some great songs, but for me 'Revelation' is Journey's best album since 'Frontiers' and a massive return to form for the band. So 'Revelation' easily wins that one.

Now to the singers......I like Augeri's singing style and it suited Journey. He does a stellar job on 'Arrival'. However, live is where is counts my friends, and live Im afraid is where Augeri can no longer cut it. When I saw Augeri at Manchester a couple of years back I was in the 10th row and thought his performance was fantastic - he hit every note with ease - I was blown away. Then the clip tape stories hit the internet. At first I didnt believe these stories cos I reckoned I knew when someone was miming or using a clip tape - I mean after 20 years of seeing gigs I reckoned I knew what was real and what wasnt........

But then I saw Augeri at FF last year playing with Tall Stories and fuck me if that performance wasnt abysmal. I mean truly shocking beyond belief. The guy just cannot sing.

Whereas I have to say that Pineda's vocal peformance at Hammy Odeon last year was nothing short of stunning. His 'Faithfully' was 100% spot on.

Pindea for me by a country mile.

Looking forward to seeing them with Arnel I must admit.