Found 1 today that I have never seen..need help

VinceNeilfan

I found a Guns N' Roses Disc hat I have never seen today and was wondering if anybody had any info on it and if it is any kind of rarity.. It is called Thorns n' Bullets from U.S.A.- Its an import from Italy on Live Storm records.. UPC 8014224515709- Thanks for the help in advance.

Tony

I've run across many a live bootleg when CD hunting. They are few and far between but it cool when you do find them, especially if they are cheap.

I've run across many a live bootleg when CD hunting. They are few and far between but it cool when you do find them, especially if they are cheap.

True that!

Got a few one day for a buck a piece:

Ozzy Osbourne-Suicide Solution Ironic records 1990, silver pressed German import, 7 live songs spanning 1983-1986 shows.

&

Joe Satriani-Guitar Killer Papillon Records 1990, Silver pressed Made in Italy, 8 songs recorded live @ San Diego Sport Arena During 88 USA Tour.

&

Bush-7th Street Entry Chrome Hearts Records year of release unknown, Silver pressed from Germany, 12 songs, recorded live at the 7th Street Entry Minneapolis, MN. 02/19/95.

Great stuff great thread, want to go find more now! :)

Live Storm Records is a prolific bootleg company from Italy.

This next portion of my reply is for no one in particular as it is just a personal opinion:

I find it very ironic how many tend to chastise bootleg companies on many threads, yet champion bootleg companies when it is not possible to get the music any other way. You can't say you are strongly against bootlegging one minute then go forward and buy bootlegs at your convenience the next. Very hypocritical in my opinion. What is the saying. "Practice What You Preach."

This next portion of my reply is for no one in particular as it is just a personal opinion:

I find it very ironic how many tend to chastise bootleg companies on many threads, yet champion bootleg companies when it is not possible to get the music any other way. You can't say you are strongly against bootlegging one minute then go forward and buy bootlegs at your convenience the next. Very hypocritical in my opinion. What is the saying. "Practice What You Preach."

Morally you are completely correct, any type of bootleg is wrong if the band isn't making money off of their material. However, if I find a nice bootleg of a live KISS show in a used CD store, will I shun it because the band didn't officially release it or will I buy it because I'm a fan of the band? Personally I'm buying it. Usually I've supported the band in the past by buying there CDs, going to their shows and buying there swag at the shows.

I found a silver pressed boot of a live Bon Jovi show from 1987 about 10 years ago. It was at a show that I bought tickets for and saw like 3 days before the boot was actually recorded in another town. I paid to see the show, I had bought all of their albums up to that point. I bought a shirt at the concert. So 10 years later when I found the bootleg live CD, did I have a problem buying it. No, I've supported the band up to that point and me buying that CD wouldn't have hurt the band at all.

Now there are all kinds of other bootlegs out there and I'm definitely against people who make them specifically to fool people and rip them off. Any type of bootleg is a very grey area and I think anyone who buys them needs to let there conscious be there guide.

My comment was directed to the thread topic of random "live" bootlegs, silver pressed I might add and not the mass production of so called out of print cd's as cdr's and pawning them off as legitimate "re-issues"...

And the locating of the 1 of 100, again live bootlegs that you happen to stumble upon from 20 years ago and buy for novelty sake can't be compared to the mass production of cdr's of any band that might make you a buck.

I found a Guns N' Roses Disc hat I have never seen today and was wondering if anybody had any info on it and if it is any kind of rarity.. It is called Thorns n' Bullets from U.S.A.- Its an import from Italy on Live Storm records.. UPC 8014224515709- Thanks for the help in advance.

Tony

Ive had several live storm discs, they are bootlegs. I had a pantera one a few years back, Thats a good find you have.

I don't mind live bootleg CDs on occasion. But a counterfeit version of an "officially" released CD is a whole nother ball o wax.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a huge difference between releasing stuff thats never been officially released (live or demo), and releasing bootleg copies of albums that are still in print, or making a copy of an album and selling it as the genuine article.

If the concert or demos are never going to be released, then nobody is going to lose any potential income from these releases, and if collectors want them, then that is the only way they will be able to get them.

Now if its something that either takes money out of an artists pocket or fool an unsuspecting buyer into thinking they have an ultra rare CD, then that is wrong.

Yes you can argue that the boots of live stuff or demos is illegal, which it is, but its not really imoral.

In fact, before they became corporate whores, Metallica used to encourage people to bring recording equipment to their shows so fans could have a live recording of the concert they attended.