Eric Martin

Shawn Of Fire

Eric has to be one of my favorite singers...great, soulful delivery...Mr. Big is awesome, of course...but his solo stuff is quite good as well...I have:

Somewhere In The Middle

The Soul Sessions

Pure EP

I'm Goin' Sane

I want to get more...I also hope Tak Matsumoto Group does some more stuff...

Any Eric Martin fans?

Eric has to be one of my favorite singers...great, soulful delivery...Mr. Big is awesome, of course...but his solo stuff is quite good as well...I have:

Somewhere In The Middle

The Soul Sessions

Pure EP

I'm Goin' Sane

Any Eric Martin fans?

Love EM, Especially 'The Eric Martin Band' album, which is one of my top 20 discs of all time and the S/T disc. Wasn't as thrilled with his more recent stuff, but he has a Great voice for sure and was excellent live when i saw him a few years ago. :tumbsup:

Somewhere In The Middle

The Soul Sessions

Pure EP

I'm Goin' Sane

Any Eric Martin fans?

Love EM, Especially 'The Eric Martin Band' album, which is one of my top 20 discs of all time and the S/T disc. Wasn't as thrilled with his more recent stuff, but he has a Great voice for sure and was excellent live when i saw him a few years ago. :tumbsup:

I'm hoping Mr. Big at least attempts a club tour here in the US...I'd love to see them live...

A couple years ago, Eric came down here, Australia, for whistle stop tour. I met the man, and found him very kind, and he sign my cd covers of his work. The cd covers that he signed were "Sucker For A Pretty Face", Mr Big 's "S/T" and TMG's "S/T".

I asked if he had any tour shirts, he asked for my address and sent one to me when he got back to the States. He even sent another letter to check if the shirt got there.

:guitbannana:

His latest CD is very... very mellow. I wouldn't call myself a fan of his work, but I wouldn't turn him off he was on the radio. :)

Saw him live on the Gold Coast last year, great singer and a very cool guy. Hope he makes another trip to Australia soon. Though his latest 2 solo albums, the "Mr Vocalist" albums, both are very very wussy!

Somewhere In The Middle

The Soul Sessions

Pure EP

I'm Goin' Sane

Any Eric Martin fans?

I love his voice, but (aside from a 'Best of...' Mr.Big album) he's just never ever made a CD I've enjoyed or bothered keeping. That TMG album was nothing special, & his solo discs have been odd. I reckon if Frontiers snapped him up & got some great songwriters in, & Dennis Ward to produce, we could finally see a great Eric Martin album....

Sucker For A Pretty Face is a classic AOR album and my fav.

Mr Big stuff is good also.

TMG (aside from a couple of songs) was a big let down for me Im afraid.

I'd rather Eric NOT make an 80s sounding record. He really shines in a Pop/Rock context...stuff like "Green Tinted Sixties Mind" or "Shine" or "Goin' Where The Wind Blows" or "Take Cover", IMO...his Somewhere In The Middle Album is awesome...he's a great singer overall and I enjoy listening to his music as a whole, but this is where he really stands out, IMO...soulful, melodic, pop-like vocals...

I love his voice, but his catalogue is too spotty with regard to the tunes I like. I think I have "Destroy All Monsters" somewhere.

DaM is not his best work at all...

:lol: Cool cover art though... I buy wine when it has a cool label too... :anon:

I love his voice, but his catalogue is too spotty with regard to the tunes I like. I think I have "Destroy All Monsters" somewhere.

DaM is not his best work at all...

:lol: Cool cover art though... I buy wine when it has a cool label too... :anon:

I do the same thing with beer and wine but it doesn't always work out though. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...