Justin Hawkins new band

Kristian

Most of The Darkness 'haters' won't even give it the time of day because old Justin is on it. A shame as there are a few nice tracks on it.

Most of The Darkness 'haters' won't even give it the time of day because old Justin is on it. A shame as there are a few nice tracks on it.

Agreed, I've only heard one of the Hot Leg songs but I'm definately liking it. I always did like The Darkness, don't care what other people think about that.

I have so far refused to acknowledge this. With 66 CDs coming in, about 200 recent purchases needing more listening and about 100 new releases needing my attention, I'm going to prolong avoiding this... but I have an ill feeling I will one day give in and sample it, just out of curiosity.

I have so far refused to acknowledge this. With 66 CDs coming in, about 200 recent purchases needing more listening and about 100 new releases needing my attention, I'm going to prolong avoiding this... but I have an ill feeling I will one day give in and sample it, just out of curiosity.

Geoff please dont bother. You know your gonna hate it, cos Justin is at his over the top best.

When they originally released samples months ago, i hated it. BUt after hearing the entire cd, its pretty good. Nowhere near as good as Stone Gods or The Darkness but still id have it. From memory this big problem is that too many songs sound the same and there isnt enough variety on the album.

The one thing I hated about the Darkness was his voice, and funnily enough its the same thing I hate about this band!

Ruins good music IMO!

You know, I don't hate this album. With that said, I don't see my self playing it much either. It has a classic rock vibe to it. The vocals are what you would expect from Hawkins but it's listenable for sure.

Just got the CD yesterday. First impression is rather good.

The song "Ashamed" is my favorite so far.

The album takes of where The Darkness left, anyone into The Darkness will dig Hot Leg as well.

I've had a quick listen through the album and remembering thinking the production wasn't great but ermm maybe that because I downloaded it.

Real shame the track "Heros" was left off it, a good strong track.

Need to re-listen to give an informated opinion.