DJ Ashba Joins GNR for Upcoming Tour

T-BONE

Hmmm... This may prove interesting. Although Buckethead, Bumblefoot and the other oddball named guitarists GNR has had over the last few years are good in their own right, they've never really fit the GNR sound. Knowing what DJ did in Beautiful Creatures, I KNOW he'll sound more like the classic GNR sound :beerbang: I still hate Japanese Conspiracy though.... <_<

GUNS N' ROSES Joined By SIXX: A.M. Guitarist D.J. ASHBA

GUNS N' ROSES has announce that guitarist and songwriter D.J. Ashba has joined the band for the upcoming tour.

Ashba, who officially replaces current NINE INCH NAILS guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands SIXX: A.M. and BEAUTIFUL CREATURES.

"D.J.'s a gifted, energetic guitarist that GUNS N' ROSES is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. GUNS' radar has silently been aware of D.J.'s presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of GUNS N' ROSES live. Once D.J.'s name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

Ashba stated, "It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected. I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great frontmen of our generation, but a true artist."

D.J. Ashba co-wrote and co-produced MÖTLEY CRÜE's latest album, "Saints of Los Angeles", which garnered a 2008 Grammy nomination for "Best Hard Rock Performance", as well as co-wrote and co-produced the SIXX: A.M. album "Heroin Diaries".

Robin "continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of GUNS' history and his involvement in 'Chinese Democracy'," according to a press release.

3374362566_156b4af7d3_o.jpg

He's a nice addition and as Ty said he fits the classic GNR sound more than others recent GNR guitarists have.

I'm sure this will be just temporary though since he's been producing, writing and is working on the next Sixx:AM disc.

Don't forget his work on Sebastian Bach's Angel Down album!!

I wasn't aware he did any work on the Angel Down album. :unsure:

I'm lookin through the booklet now and it doesn't list him as playing guitar on it so he must of done some production but I don't see where that's mentioned either. :screwy:

I'm lookin through the booklet now and it doesn't list him as playing guitar on it so he must of done some production but I don't see where that's mentioned either. :screwy:

That's because he didn't. :hammer:

That's because he didn't. :hammer:

I didn't think so.

Whaddya mean he wasn't in Jon Bovi? :hammer:

so who on earth played on the Angel Down album?!?! i was sure it was DJ Ashba :unsure:

just had another look myself and he isnt mentioned at all, not even anyone that sounds like the same name :unsure:

im confused now, maybe i should commit myself now before i do anything really stupid :P

Sebastian Bach - lead vocals

"Metal" Mike Chlasciak - guitar

Johnny Chromatic - guitar

Steve DiGiorgio - bass guitar

Bobby Jarzombek - drums and percussion

i'm just confused lately....i havent actually slept a full night in 3 and a half weeks -_-

i'm just confused lately....i havent actually slept a full night in 3 and a half weeks -_-

2 words "nyQuil PM"!

2 words "nyQuil PM"!

heh heh, man ive been taking aspirin, drinking wine, hot chocolate and trying everything possible thats in the house :P

i mean i havent actually drank alcohol, hot chocolate and taken drugs in the same night....that would be stupid -_-

according to Wikipedia, he left in 2004

lol. Wow... I'm not too up-to-date with my GNR trivia apparently.

And they've had a Bumblefoot since then... Axl seems to always have some guitarist with a friggin WEIRDASS name. Slash, Buckethead, Bumblefoot..... :whistle:

I am a bit confused as to the why DJ would board the Titanic that is the "new" GnR? I mean with the moderate success of BC and the blow up of The Sixx AM stuff, it makes zero sense to join GnR.?!?.

Even the new GNR sales out 10-12 thousand seaters easily. That would be my guess...

I'd do it :P

the chance to play GnR tunes in huge stadiums around the world to thousands of GnR fans for a rockstar salary? its a step up from SAM and BC....SAM may have brought in crue fans but it was only a side project....this is GnR for all intents and purposes....who wouldnt want to be in Guns N Roses?!

Thats kinda like saying "why would Reb Beach join Whitesnake?"

I'd do it :P

the chance to play GnR tunes in huge stadiums around the world to thousands of GnR fans for a rockstar salary? its a step up from SAM and BC....SAM may have brought in crue fans but it was only a side project....this is GnR for all intents and purposes....who wouldnt want to be in Guns N Roses?!

Thats kinda like saying "why would Reb Beach join Whitesnake?"

Naw! It's way different. GnR, may be still filling smaller venues, but it's more of a joke nowadays, I think. Wouldn't you rather play for GnR, back 1985?

And DJ is working on the next Sixx AM project already, so I still don't get the need to play in the Axl Rose Band, if you are already an established musician?