DJ Ashba Joins GNR for Upcoming Tour

T-BONE

I'd do it :P

the chance to play GnR tunes in huge stadiums around the world to thousands of GnR fans for a rockstar salary? its a step up from SAM and BC....SAM may have brought in crue fans but it was only a side project....this is GnR for all intents and purposes....who wouldnt want to be in Guns N Roses?!

Thats kinda like saying "why would Reb Beach join Whitesnake?"

Naw! It's way different. GnR, may be still filling smaller venues, but it's more of a joke nowadays, I think. Wouldn't you rather play for GnR, back 1985?

And DJ is working on the next Sixx AM project already, so I still don't get the need to play in the Axl Rose Band, if you are already an established musician?

I hate to do it but I'm going to have to agree with SR. GNR fills more than small venues even today. They don't play a lot of shows but when they do it's much bigger than most of the bands can fill from that era. Sure, anyone would rather play with GNR back in the day but even now Axl is considered by most a musical genius...even if they don't like him. As good as Sixx AM is any incarnation of GNR is a bigger deal than that.

yeah, i mean when was the last time that BC or SAM played wembley?

and i'd prefer playing for GnR now than back in 85....simply because back then they played small clubs, earnt nothing and were unknown outside of LA....saying that, if you'd have said 92 then hell yeah!!! but i dont have a time machine and i dont think DJ does either :(

out of those 3 bands theres only one that every music fan in the western world knows about....

whos more famous; buckethead or DJ Ashba?

I get the seat filling thing, so it's interpreted that DJ is playing with GnR for a paycheck, no other career fulfilling reason.

And for who's more "famous", outside these boards you could ask 100 people at your local mall and 99 people would not of heard of either of them.

I get the seat filling thing, so it's interpreted that DJ is playing with GnR for a paycheck, no other career fulfilling reason.

And for who's more "famous", outside these boards you could ask 100 people at your local mall and 99 people would not of heard of either of them.

whats more fulfilling than being able to cope with filling the shoes of one of your bigger influences growing up? if i had the chance to replace Sambora in Bon Jovi, or Mick Mars in Crue i'd jump on it, partly because it would fulfill me....to be able to take the place of one of your heroes? that could be reason enough!

as for Buckethead vs DJ Ashba, you may be right....however, bucketheads "fame" came from GnR, even though he had a solo career for years before that..

i think theres plenty of reasons why DJ would take this opportunity, i dont see who wouldnt tbph :unsure:

DJ is little more than a hired hand anyway, much the same way that Gilby Clark or Keri Kelli is.

They have their own projects, but they will pretty much join any band that pays them enough money.

DJ probably is doing it for two reasons:

1) the paycheque

2) the chance to say he played for GNR (regardless of what era it is)

And lets face it, as has been said, GNR still fills huge venues, and the record sales are hardly small potatoes either.

No matter how you view the current GNR, they are still a huge success!

DJ is little more than a hired hand anyway, much the same way that Gilby Clark or Keri Kelli is.

They have their own projects, but they will pretty much join any band that pays them enough money.

DJ probably is doing it for two reasons:

1) the paycheque

2) the chance to say he played for GNR (regardless of what era it is)

And lets face it, as has been said, GNR still fills huge venues, and the record sales are hardly small potatoes either.

No matter how you view the current GNR, they are still a huge success!

yup, the new album is quite popular from what i can tell!!

and dont knock him for doing it solely for the money, if that is the reason....we all understand the whole "play because you love it" and the "selling out" thing but i mean come on, you still have to be sensible....i wouldnt turn down any gig that pays more than the one im doing at that particular time...its a career just like any other, a pay raise is a pay raise.

all i see are benefits with playing in GnR as opposed to BC and SAM :)