original Battlestar Galactica may continue

66 mustang

Just as SCI FI's acclaimed series Battlestar Galactica enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with original series creator Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the franchise, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie would reportedly have no connection to the SCI FI series and would relaunch the story in a new medium with the characters Adama, Starbuck and Baltar.

Larson produced the original Battlestar, a kid-friendly ABC show, in 1978, in the wake of the success of Star Wars.

SCI FI's series, under the direction of executive producer Ronald Moore, took the premise but completely changed the franchise into an adult drama with themes of politics, war, religion, torture and destiny.

Universal had no comment to the Reporter.

Richard Hatch also had a sweet looking continuation movie trailer made up a few years back. If you log into youtube you can search for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SECOND COMING and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/login?next=%2Fwatch...N9hqr0MtGnjmdiQ

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/hatchvision.htm

seems most of the good vid's are taken down. pitty

does this mean Starbucks a guy again?!?!?!

thank f**k!!

im a fan of Ron Moore dont get me wrong, he's responsible for some of Treks greatest moments, but you cant have Battlestar Galactica without a male starbuck, its just wrong -_-

thank f**k!!

im a fan of Ron Moore dont get me wrong, he's responsible for some of Treks greatest moments, but you cant have Battlestar Galactica without a male starbuck, its just wrong -_-

I agree with that.. Hmm.. I wonder if Dirk Benedict aged well or not..... :whistle:

thank f**k!!

I agree with that.. Hmm.. I wonder if Dirk Benedict aged well or not..... :whistle:

i saw a pic of him recently, didnt age too badly if i remember right...

dont forget his other iconic role......Faceman!!

i liked that show a little too much :anon:

thank f**k!!

Face Man is always pretty!

Glen A. Larson is a crook. He and his Universal cronies ripped off James Garner for a shitload of money from The Rockford Files. Rumour has it that Garner was standing in front of an elevator when it stopped and the door opened, and who stepped out? Glen A. Larson. An exclaimed, "cocksucker!" and one punch later, Larson was tasting the floor. He may have given the world Battlestar Galactica, but he is one devious and greedy prick.

I've always disliked television series jumping to the big screen....Star Trek is a good example, as much as I loved all the series, there wasn't a single big screen movie that was better than a double episode of the same series on the TV.....IMO......if this BSG movie has nothing to do with the series then it might be okay...

• 4 years later...
  • My Little Pony

I've never seen this. Most of my friends have - they love it - but my brothers are watching it together, and one of them says it's boring. He said there isn't one character he doesn't want to kill. According to him, everyone's a dick on the show.

The original BSG was my favorite show when I was a kid. The SyFy re-imagining was well done but not really my style, too dark and gritty.

I met Richard "Captain Apollo" Hatch at a book signing about fifteen years ago, hell of a nice guy.

Love the original series. Tried watching the new version, but didn't get into it and changes such as Starbuck being a woman seemed to be just for the sake of it to me. "Ooh, look at us. We made Starbuck a woman. And Athena a Cylon. Aren't we cutting edge?" Yeah, whatever. -_-

On another note, the original series was perfect leching material for my missus as she really fancied both Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict. Of course, Maren Jensen was very easy on the eye too, so watching the re-runs coudl be a bit of a lech-fest in our house...

Maren Jensen was very easy on the eye too

Don't forget Laurette "Cassiopea" Spang!!