Great White - Rising

dethuniverse

sample download: http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=G

cover :

NEW GREAT WHITE MUSIC RISING IN MARCH:

Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the European release of Great White brand new studio album Rising on March 13.

Since reuniting in January 2007 to perform at a benefit concert, Great White has moved forward releasing their comeback album �Back to the Rhythm� to commemorate their 25th anniversary. Hailed by critics and fans as a return to the heydays of the band, Great White performed live on a world tour that ended in early 2008, after a successful string of 14 dates all over Europe.

Long time members Jack Russell (vocals), Mark Kendall (lead guitar), Audie Desbrow (drums), Michael Lardie (guitar, keyboards) with new bassist Scott Snyder (ex-Ramos) have spent the last few months in the studio writing and recording new songs. �I think had we done this record back in the day it would hold up to anything we've ever done and also fit perfectly� says guitar player Mark Kendall. �When we make music with Jack singing and me playing guitar along with Michael Lardie, it's going to sound like Great White no matter what era�.

�The new album for me was extension of the affection we have for playing music together� says Michael Lardie, �I believe the songs are a bit more introspective true to life experience for us, not all the songs were written as we went into the studio, so I feel there is a freshness to the tracks as a result�

According to singer Jack Russell, �The band is in great shape and everyone is excited about the new year. We can't wait to tour and play some of the new music live. Our new bass player Scott is a great guy who can really play. The stuff he wrote to our new music is awesome!�

Just like the previous album, "Rising", was mixed, produced, and engineered by Michael Lardie. The new cd rocks from start to finish and shows the band's maturity in writing amazing Rock anthems, killer Blues numbers, melodic mid-tempos and heartfelt ballads.

�Rising� track listing includes: Situation; All Or Nothin'; I Don't Mind; Shine; Loveless; Is It Enough; Last Chance; Danger Zone; Down On The Level; Only You Can Do; My Sanctuary; Let's Spend the Night Together (European bonus track).

http://www.melodicrock.com/

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I love Great White, and like their slower paced stuff, I do like them to at least mix it up a bit.

The four samples I have just listened to have no spark at all, and barely even sound like Great White!

Shame!

Okay, surprise suprise, but I'm going to have to say that I think Jarred's being a little harsh here. I certainly admit this is not the best Great White album, and certainly in the bottom half of their discography... probably very close to the bottom, in fact... but I don't mind it. I see what you guys are saying - this is mellow and laid back as hell, but I seriously don't mind it at all. In fact, I kind of like it. I approach Great White albums different to other bands, and this is hitting the spot for me. Not amazing, but a good Great White disc, imo.

Okay, surprise suprise, but I'm going to have to say that I think Jarred's being a little harsh here. I certainly admit this is not the best Great White album, and certainly in the bottom half of their discography... probably very close to the bottom, in fact... but I don't mind it. I see what you guys are saying - this is mellow and laid back as hell, but I seriously don't mind it at all. In fact, I kind of like it. I approach Great White albums different to other bands, and this is hitting the spot for me. Not amazing, but a good Great White disc, imo.

Well, if it's very close to the bottom then it's not worth having. I like mellow stuff but this is just plain boring...

Spun it once & almost fell asleep...won't make that mistake again. My how the mighty have fallen...:(

So in other words, it's CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE redux?

Hmm, if this is near the bottom and I barely dig the top half, I think I will probably pass on this. :(

My thoughts exactly!

Spun it once & almost fell asleep...won't make that mistake again. My how the mighty have fallen...:(

No I actually really like that album. This thing sux swamp water.

CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE put me to sleep... and the new one puts YOU to sleep... and you and I rarely agree on anything... so does that mean I would probably like the new one? Now I'm all confused 'n' stuff. :blink:

:lol:

CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE put me to sleep... and the new one puts YOU to sleep... and you and I rarely agree on anything... so does that mean I would probably like the new one? Now I'm all confused 'n' stuff. :blink:

I actually did think this one was quite similar to 'Can't get there from here'. I'd call it a mix of 'Can't get there from here', 'Let It Rock' and a touch of 'Back to the rhythm'.

I should add that 'Down on the level' and 'Let’s Spend The Night Together' (cover) are the worst two songs GW have EVER recorded.

It is definitely down the bottom of their discography of studio/originals albums, so if you don't like half their discs, this may not be worth checking out. 'Sail Away' or 'Let it rock' is probably my least favourite Great White disc, but I actually still really like both. I like all their albums so it doesn't mean much to me. To be honest, this might be weaker than both those two. I need a few more spins. :)

I actually did think this one was quite similar to 'Can't get there from here'. I'd call it a mix of 'Can't get there from here', 'Let It Rock' and a touch of 'Back to the rhythm'.

I should add that 'Down on the level' and 'Let’s Spend The Night Together' (cover) are the worst two songs GW have EVER recorded.

It is definitely down the bottom of their discography of studio/originals albums, so if you don't like half their discs, this may not be worth checking out. 'Sail Away' or 'Let it rock' is probably my least favourite Great White disc, but I actually still really like both. I like all their albums so it doesn't mean much to me. To be honest, this might be weaker than both those two. I need a few more spins. :)

If it's anything like 'Let it Rock' then I'll like this one since I love 'Let it Rock'.

'Sail Away' gets played by me every once in a while and is still a good album but much to laid back for me.

'Back to the Rhythm' while not being great was still very good but probably had to many ballads as did 'Cant Get there from Here' but I still really liked that one too.

After several listens this sounds exactly like Russells' solo disc "For You",which sounds nothing like "Can't Get There From Here" or "let It Rock"...this sounds nothing like either of those IMO.

If it's like Jack's solo album count me out on this one. :unsure:

Pwned by teh eyesis again.

I suck with "this sounds likes" so who knows, maybe King Sir William Eyesis is correct.

All I can say is that if you like all things GW you should be able to slot this in somewhere down the bottom of your enjoyment level.

I quite like it. i loved 'Cant get there from here'. But they are def lacking a forth gear! Need a few fast pacers, like 'Gone to the Dogs' from 'CGTFH'.

I saw them live a few years ago and they were so one paced, I was bored. Yes, they are great at blues but blues bored me silly. I dont mind one or two tracks but now 80% of the gig!

Such a band of contrasts! 'Hooked' was amazing, 'Congo Square' is awesome. Two albums later and we were fed 'Sail Away' which is so dull and flat!

Tc