Going Green or Beating a dead horse?

cdjunky41

I went to wall-mart yesterday to pick a few items up, Tampons, Chocolate (Yeah! you know what my week is gonna be like :hammer: ) While I was walking down the aisles and getting sympathetic looks from women, I decided to head over to the entertainment section to look through the c.d. selection. I always think I'm going to find a rare gem :lame: . I did pick up OZZY'S NO MORE TEARS for less than $8.00 :dance: . As I looked up, I noticed the first 3 VAN HALEN albums in cardboard sleeves. There was also a sticker on them stateing that their going green and trying to protect the environment.

Are you fuckin' Kidding me? Charging the same amount as a jewelcase. Is this some type of sick trend? This planet has been here before us, and it will be here long after were all gone. Now! I'm not saying that you shouldn't recycle, but to sell your album in a different sleeve in hopes that we would believe that your ozone friendly is absurd :thppt:

I think it's time our so-called heroes of rock should know that this is unacceptable. VAN HALEN just reissued their c.d.s a few years back. Why do it again? IRON MAIDEN? They beat that horse so many times, there is nothing left.

Then there is METAL MIND MUSIC! Who bought the rights to early ROADRACER records. I would like to pick up all of their releases, but their all on digi-pacs. When I did email them about the cardboard sleeves, they said I had to wait 9 months for the jewelcase releases. Once again, milking your fans.

I do hope the wonderful people at KIVEL,STORMSPELL,SENTINEL STEEL, RETROSPECT, WOUNDED BIRD, ROCK CANDY, ETC, ETC don't get that urge.

Thanks for allowing me to rant!

Goin' to take my meds now!! :wacko:

This whole going green is a money grab. I read on MSNBC that the recent warming trend dates back over 1000 years, long before our industrialization. So much for greenhouse gases and other such nonsense. I was watching George Carlin a few days back and he said it PERFECTLY: "The planet was here LONG before us and will be here LONG after us. It has gone through earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, plate tectonics, asteroid collisions, ice ages and we have the audacity that some styrofoam and plastic will KILL the planet?? The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas."

It is all a f*ckin' money grab. Just ask Canada and the upper Midwest states about global warming!!

• My Little Pony
Just ask Canada about global warming!!

Yeah, I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I hate global warming, it's freezing my ass off!

Putting aside the fors or againsts of cd packaging, global warming is a reality so get used to it!

Agreed...just because the weather where you live hasn't turned from snowy cold winters to Florida type weather doesn't mean that Global Warming isn't effecting the planet...at the moment it isn't that bad anyway, but if as predicted planet wide temps rise by an average of 3 degrees or more believe me you will notice the difference.....even if it's just the cost of food which will rocket when the food belt areas around the globe turn to dust....

Putting aside the fors or againsts of cd packaging, global warming is a reality so get used to it!

Agreed...just because the weather where you live hasn't turned from snowy cold winters to Florida type weather doesn't mean that Global Warming isn't effecting the planet...at the moment it isn't that bad anyway, but if as predicted planet wide temps rise by an average of 3 degrees or more believe me you will notice the difference.....even if it's just the cost of food which will rocket when the food belt areas around the globe turn to dust....

I think it's a total scam!!!

So we would rather use trees to make a cardboard sleeve, than to make an all plastic jewel case because the landfills are filling up with them? :unsure:

Yeah!

It makes sence to me!!!

What we really need to do is worry about who's not afraid of dropping the big one!!! :yikes:

If that happens, who cares if we recycle or not :unsure:

I'm not a THE END IS NEAR type of guy, but think about it!!

Slightly off topic here, but ummm, this bit kinda concerns me a little ...

>> I went to wall-mart yesterday to pick a few items up, Tampons, Chocolate (Yeah! you know what my week is gonna be like :hammer: ) <<

Ya okay there buddy??? Got something you wanna reveal to the class??

Yeah!

It's called shoppin' for my wife!!!

Don't worry!

Your not my type!!! :lol:

Global Warming has been happening for 1000 years now. It's just the cycle. Next it'll get colder because of some other happenstance. It's all cyclical. It is not the product of mankind.

Global Warming has been happening for 1000 years now. It's just the cycle. Next it'll get colder because of some other happenstance. It's all cyclical. It is not the product of mankind.

Global warming is caused by too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere...has this happened in the past, definitely but this time it's on us not nature...

I know this is a 'hot button' subject for a lot of people so I'm not trying to push my views on anyone, there is plenty of literature about this that explains everything a lot better than I ever could...just google it... the majority of scientists believe it to be true so I'm not going to argue with them.... :)

Global warming is caused by too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere...has this happened in the past, definitely but this time it's on us not nature...

I know this is a 'hot button' subject for a lot of people so I'm not trying to push my views on anyone, there is plenty of literature about this that explains everything a lot better than I ever could...just google it... the majority of scientists believe it to be true so I'm not going to argue with them.... :)

And who's paying these scientists for these opinions? It's all about the money, man. The Earth has been through much more than some smoke. Does what emissions we pump out help? No of course not but its not the end-all.

So we would rather use trees to make a cardboard sleeve, than to make an all plastic jewel case because the landfills are filling up with them? :unsure:

More than likely, it's cheaper to make a CD sleeve out of cardboard (especially if it's recycled cardboard) than making an all new one out of plastic.

More than likely, it's cheaper to make a CD sleeve out of cardboard (especially if it's recycled cardboard) than making an all new one out of plastic.

Which is my point!

It's cheaper for them, but not for us!! :thppt: