Elvis Presley ~ Birthday

LV KIX

Not sure how many people here really care.... but Elvis Presley would have been 74 years old if he was still alive. I've been spinning Elvis CDs pretty much all day long. Tonight my 7 year old son and I will be curled up next to the fire watching "Jailhouse Rock". For some reason that is my son's favorite movie in the world. He actually made me go and buy the DVD after he watched it on TV about 2 years ago.

I have a soft spot in my heart for all things Elvis... I think I have mentioned before that the first concert I ever went to was Elvis Presley.

Here is an interesting Elvis fact : Vernon Presley, Elvis' father, had the complete autopsy report sealed. It will remain sealed until 2027, fifty years after The King's death.

Elvis Presley ~ Born : Jan. 8th 1935 .... Died : Aug. 16th 1977

R.I.P.

Daaaaang, that's downright neighborly of ya to remember The King like that, LV KIX, uh-huh, uh-huh. (Shakes hips) Priscilla! Fetch me a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich now, and y'all be QUICK about it girl!

But seriously folks... R.I.P. to a legend of rock n roll...

Daaaaang, that's downright neighborly of ya to remember The King like that, LV KIX, uh-huh, uh-huh. (Shakes hips) Priscilla! Fetch me a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich now, and y'all be QUICK about it girl!

But seriously folks... R.I.P. to a legend of rock n roll...

That's a "fryed p'nut buttr nana samich"

...Take a loaf of french bread, hollow out the middle, spread on a jar of peanut butter, 6 bananas and a pound of bacon!

Then: "Priscilla, get on out and gap the plugs on the caddy."

And: " I wanna treat ya like a sister...cep't differnt."

Love the music!

All hail the King of rock and roll!!!! RIP

Gonna go listen to Bill Hicks' "Elvis" right now.

• My Little Pony

For a minute I thought this was for me. Since I was five my family's been calling me Elvis as a nickname. Even my Grandma, who doesn't like calling anyone by anything but their birth name, calls me Elvis from time to time. At first I thought they were just bugging me, but after all these years they continue to call me Elvis, and more and more people come outta nowhere just to ask if anyone's ever said I look like the King, or if I'm an Elvis impersonator. I've come to accept it.

Rest in Peace