David Cook - David Cook

T-BONE

Wow... I've spun this 2 times now and I'm kinda impressed. Anyone who liked the Chris Daughtry release will also like this one I think. I went on Limewire and also found some extras that he's recorded along with some of the actual American Idol MP3 performances. Not too shabby I might add. A couple of good Beatles covers along with a few extra originals. All of them are great. :popcorn: Good Stuff

Check some of the samples

http://www.amazon.com/David-Cook/dp/B001ACH4DS

I'm just finishing up my Ipod selections (about 40 more CDs to scan through) and then I'm back into some new tunes and this one is on the top of that pile. Depending on how I go here at work today, I might get through my pile I was able to bring in the office here and get to listen to this on the way home this afternoon. Maybe. We'll see. Either way, my comments are coming soon. :) Heard a few good things about it.

I must admit I still really dig that Daughtry CD. Very good disc.

Very nice disc if you love rock ballads. It must be said that I don't understand why the first song ('Declaration') is easily the best song off the album (an uptempo rocker) but the only other rocker is a hidden bonus track. The rest are ballads. Granted, most are very good ballads (my favourite being the beautiful 'Permanent') but my only complaint about this album is it just doesn't have much momentum. Will definitely spin it more, but at the moment I much prefer Daughtry.

not good or not bad for me, somewhere undecided, defiantel a great voice though

not good or not bad for me, somewhere undecided, defiantel a great voice though

Oh yeah, forgot to say that but I was going to mention it. I also really like this guy's voice.

Very nice disc if you love rock ballads. It must be said that I don't understand why the first song ('Declaration') is easily the best song off the album (an uptempo rocker) but the only other rocker is a hidden bonus track. The rest are ballads. Granted, most are very good ballads (my favourite being the beautiful 'Permanent') but my only complaint about this album is it just doesn't have much momentum. Will definitely spin it more, but at the moment I much prefer Daughtry.

I'd never heard of this fella, but Geoff's views are similar to mine. "Permanent" is an amazing song, with the rest ranging from very good to slightly dull. I'd probably pick this up on the strength of the few good songs & his voice as well. Shit I love this guys vocals, what a range, he just needs some more consistent material. Good stuff though....

I'd never heard of this fella, but Geoff's views are similar to mine. "Permanent" is an amazing song, with the rest ranging from very good to slightly dull. I'd probably pick this up on the strength of the few good songs & his voice as well. Shit I love this guys vocals, what a range, he just needs some more consistent material. Good stuff though....

Yeah its way too polished and safe for me. Nice album tho.

I agree the guy has a great voice - I watched the recent series he won and he can pull it off singing live too.

Im glad a few have mentioned the song 'Permanent'....what a stunning ballad that is - almost brings a tear to the eye. Such emotion.

here is my view on the album. I do not own it but I did open it at work and played it all last week trying to promote it. Very "safe" album. If you took each song on its own it would be a great album. If you put it with 4 other disc and shuffle them all , each DC song that came on you would very much enjoy. But takes as a whole album and the songs going back to back they sound too much like the same. Needed some more"umph" in the album to make it stand out. I guess as an American Idol winner's first abum goes it is pretty much what you would expect. Hope they unleash a more rockin' ablum next time.

This cd is very good...not quite the quality of Daughtry but has a ton of melody & heart. If you really want an awesome David Cook cd, check out Analog Heart. Top notch!

Sorry mate, can't agree. Listened to this this morning and imo it's just average modern rock like Lifehouse and Fuel. The song 'Porcelain' was my pick but the rest were again, just all slow tempo modern rockers. I really can't dig that sound at all. I think his new album, despite also being very slow in pace, has a lot stronger songs. That said, for what it is it's not bad. Can see how it appeals to Pop Evil fans. :)

This cd is very good...not quite the quality of Daughtry but has a ton of melody & heart. If you really want an awesome David Cook cd, check out Analog Heart. Top notch!

Sorry mate, can't agree. Listened to this this morning and imo it's just average modern rock like Lifehouse and Fuel. The song 'Porcelain' was my pick but the rest were again, just all slow tempo modern rockers. I really can't dig that sound at all. I think his new album, despite also being very slow in pace, has a lot stronger songs. That said, for what it is it's not bad. Can see how it appeals to Pop Evil fans. :)

Lifehouse & especially Fuel are very good modern rock bands. The two songs after Porcelain are excellent along with that mentioned track. I prefer it to the new one because of all the ballads. Not to mention Analog Heart was all David Cook...before anyone knew anything about him. I'll take it any day over the new one...and I'll take Pop Evil over both ;)

Lifehouse & especially Fuel are very good modern rock bands.

I used to really like both bands too, but now I just think there are far too many better bands out there. That said, they still both deliver at least one great track on every CD. The reason I speak so off-handedly about them is because they do deliver that one great song, but the rest of all their albums are so boring and dull and full of filler.

If Fuel had only ever released on EP that looked like this:

'Leave the memory'

'Most of all'

'Hemorage'

'Bad Day'

'Shimmer'

Mary Pretend'

and Lifehouse had only released one single EP that looked like this:

'Hanging by a moment'

'Only One'

'Everything'

'Spin'

'Out of breath'

'Take me away'

'First Time'

'Who We Are'

If that was all they'd released you'd not find a bigger fan of both bands. But the fact that they're the only songs I like off about 4 albums from each band is far from impressive, imo. Not when about 20 modern rock bands have released albums with more than 8 great songs on it this year alone. :)

I'll take it any day over the new one...and I'll take Pop Evil over both ;)

You're just doing that to see me in pain, aren't you mate? :lol:

David Cook, Lifehouse, Fuel > Pop Evil

If Fuel had only ever released on EP that looked like this:

'Leave the memory'

'Most of all'

'Hemorage'

'Bad Day'

'Shimmer'

Mary Pretend'

You forgot a whole bunch including Jesus or A Gun...

and Lifehouse had only released one single EP that looked like this:

'Hanging by a moment'

'Only One'

'Everything'

'Spin'

'Out of breath'

'Take me away'

'First Time'

'Who We Are'

Still more but these are all good

If that was all they'd released you'd not find a bigger fan of both bands. But the fact that they're the only songs I like off about 4 albums from each band is far from impressive, imo. Not when about 20 modern rock bands have released albums with more than 8 great songs on it this year alone. :)

I'll take it any day over the new one...and I'll take Pop Evil over both ;)

You're just doing that to see me in pain, aren't you mate? :lol:

David Cook, Lifehouse, Fuel < Pop Evil

Gald you saw it my way ;)

• 2 years later...

The new CD from this chap, 'This loud morning' is quite good, isn't it, folk?

I don't know why he/they decided not to put any rock tunes on here, and one should be warned that it is an album of ballads from start to end... but hey, they're all pretty damn good. Was there one rock song on this album? I can't recall... maybe one. I think there is actually one right near the end, and a damn fine one at that.

Anyway, if you like good hook-friendly ballads in the style of Daughtry, you're in for a treat with this one. So many of these songs are so strong. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I remember putting my sexy little 4 star rating on about 6 songs on this album on my Ipod... which is very uncommon for one album. Yeah, it's a good 'un.

The new CD from this chap, 'This loud morning' is quite good, isn't it, folk?

I don't know why he/they decided not to put any rock tunes on here, and one should be warned that it is an album of ballads from start to end... but hey, they're all pretty damn good. Was there one rock song on this album? I can't recall... maybe one. I think there is actually one right near the end, and a damn fine one at that.

Anyway, if you like good hook-friendly ballads in the style of Daughtry, you're in for a treat with this one. So many of these songs are so strong. I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but I remember putting my sexy little 4 star rating on about 6 songs on this album on my Ipod... which is very uncommon for one album. Yeah, it's a good 'un.

I like it, but I don't agree about the ballads. The songs are not really that different from his debut in truth, very similar sounding to Daughtry's stuff. "Circadian" is my second fave song of 2011 so far (behind the title-track of Trivium's new disc), and "Hard to Believe" is another monster tune. The whole thing tails-off at the end with a few samey tunes and a weak closing tune, but overall it's a keeper IMO.

the new album's comparison to Harem Scarem isn't too far off, someway his voice is also very close to Harry Hess, but more uptempo tunes will be appreciated, i think Daughtry's albums are slightly better, but this one is a good one