Nickelback - Dark Horse

T-BONE

I would listen to any Bulletboys cd and Unmasked before I'd ever listen to a JP cd. That's a fact...

I bet you would rather drink Coors Light than a good black & tan or a IPA too wouldn't you? :nyanya:

Hey.. Nothing wrong with the Silver Bullet Bro..... :whistle:

Oh and I like Unmasked too....

And Nickelback ROCKS!!! :headbanger:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would listen to any Bulletboys cd and Unmasked before I'd ever listen to a JP cd. That's a fact...

I bet you would rather drink Coors Light than a good black & tan or a IPA too wouldn't you? :nyanya:

You shut up. You liked "Beverly Hills Cop III." Your opinion carries no weight here. :angry:

Are friendship on Facebook is over. <_<

:lol:

Since 1999 when the Marvies released the Hey! album.

See I wouldn't consider them Modern Rock but that might just be me.

And to be honest I didn't know you didn't like Priest.

I know how much you like Bach's Angel Down so I'd be suprised to see you not like Halford's solo stuff since it has the same producer and two of the same band members and a very similar sound IMO. :tumbsup:

See I wouldn't consider them Modern Rock but that might just be me.

And to be honest I didn't know you didn't like Priest.

I know how much you like Bach's Angel Down so I'd be suprised to see you not like Halford's solo stuff since it has the same producer and two of the same band members and a very similar sound IMO. :tumbsup:

One major difference...it's Bach singing.

You shut up. You liked "Beverly Hills Cop III." Your opinion carries no weight here. :angry:

I would most certainly drink Coors over that...and all of the BHC movies kick ass including 3.

Are you saying he's not one of the greatest singers around?

If he doesn't, I will. ;) And no, it's not 'cause he's gay. I just agree with the other dudes that he's no good overall. :)

And when did you get into all of this modern rock anyway?

AAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! You know we're cousins and family to the end, but I HATE comments like that so much. He got into "modern rock" the same time we all did when we heard the first melodic/"commercial" hard rock album and liked it. In 1989 Bon Jovi, Treat, Skid Row and Warrant were "modern" melodic hard rock and in 2008 Nickelback, Rockarma, Hinder, Marcello/Vestry, Story of the Year, Disciple and H.E.A.T are "modern" melodic hard rock. My good man Jarred is just good enough (in a few places ;) ) to realise this and not hold onto the unrealistic and completely false notion that melodic hard rock died in 1992. It's still more than alive and well, and you can deny it all you want but the fact is that Nickelback are one of the bands that are a part of this scene. GRRRR!

If he doesn't, I will. ;) And no, it's not 'cause he's gay. I just agree with the other dudes that he's no good overall. :)

AAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! You know we're cousins and family to the end, but I HATE comments like that so much. He got into "modern rock" the same time we all did when we heard the first melodic/"commercial" hard rock album and liked it. In 1989 Bon Jovi, Treat, Skid Row and Warrant were "modern" melodic hard rock and in 2008 Nickelback, Rockarma, Hinder, Marcello/Vestry, Story of the Year, Disciple and H.E.A.T are "modern" melodic hard rock. My good man Jarred is just good enough (in a few places ;) ) to realise this and not hold onto the unrealistic and completely false notion that melodic hard rock died in 1992. It's still more than alive and well, and you can deny it all you want but the fact is that Nickelback are one of the bands that are a part of this scene. GRRRR!

Sorry cousin I'm not denying anything and there is no reason that Rockarma and Nickelback should be mentioned in the same sentence because Rockarma are a great band and Nickelback is just an okay band IMO. Honestly I don't hear any resemblence between Story of the Yar and H.E.A.T.

Sorry cousin I'm not denying anything and there is no reason that Rockarma and Nickelback should be mentioned in the same sentence because Rockarma are a great band and Nickelback is just an okay band IMO. Honestly I don't hear any resemblence between Story of the Yar and H.E.A.T.

Because there is only as much resemblance between HEAT and Story of the Year as there is between Treat and Sven Gali. They're different types of rock / hard rock bands, but it's all melodic, all with big juicy choruses, killer riffs and big hooks.

I also prefer Rockarma to Nickelback... by a long way, but they're both commercial sounding melodic hard rock bands. I don't hear the reason why one is not allowed to be mentioned in the presence of the other?

Because there is only as much resemblance between HEAT and Story of the Year as there is between Treat and Sven Gali. They're different types of rock / hard rock bands, but it's all melodic, all with big juicy choruses, killer riffs and big hooks.

I also prefer Rockarma to Nickelback... by a long way, but they're both commercial sounding melodic hard rock bands. I don't hear the reason why one is not allowed to be mentioned in the presence of the other?

Mostly because I said so. :lol:

Well as long as you don't start saying that the lead singer from The Darkness (or any f*cking thing about that f*cking joke of a f*cked up band) is better than Talon I'll let it slide this time.

Well as long as you don't start saying that the lead singer from The Darkness (or any f*cking thing about that f*cking joke of a f*cked up band) is better than Talon I'll let it slide this time.

I love the new Talon(I think I've made that very very clear) but the singer of the Darkness is a fucking wanker IMO.

I love the new Talon(I think I've made that very very clear) but the singer of the Darkness is a fucking wanker IMO.

Yeah, pretty sure that's clear to all but one member of the human race. :)

Yeah, pretty sure that's clear to all but one member of the human race. :)

I saw he's got some new band called Hot Leg that he's working on. God help us all. :doh:

I saw he's got some new band called Hot Leg that he's working on. God help us all. :doh:

I'm guessing Matt is somehow linked to that project.

I really hope it is never unleashed. Supporting a motherf*cker like that is just not cool.

I really hope it is never unleashed. Supporting a motherf*cker like that is just not cool.

While it hasn't been confirmed I did read that Matt is Justin Hawkins. You didn't hear that from me. :whistle:

While it hasn't been confirmed I did read that Matt is Justin Hawkins. You didn't hear that from me. :whistle:

It's the only explanation for what he was saying in that Faith Circus thread.

I have't been able to get into that Faith Circus at all.

Maybe I should give it another spin.

Typical Geoff, goes and has a cry in a thread id never read..

Yet you're here, reading it.

There's nowhere on this planet (and certainly not this board) that is safe from my hating you.

Yet you're here, reading it.

There's nowhere on this planet (and certainly not this board) that is safe from my hating you.

Im not reading it..

yet you still call me in the middle of the night saying "its ok, my wife is now asleep", then i here yelping pugs and hang up..

yet you still call me in the middle of the night saying "its ok, my wife is now asleep", then i here yelping pugs and hang up..

You're only jealous 'cause you wish you looked like a pug and got the love from me that they do.

By the way, both my pugs have better voices than Justin Hawkins. And that is in no way a joke.

You're only jealous 'cause you wish you looked like a pug and got the love from me that they do.

By the way, both my pugs have better voices than Justin Hawkins. And that is in no way a joke.

I bet they arnt pugs at all, but originally terriers.... but your kinky games have caused their squished faces...

I'll post my thoughts here even though this thread is no longer seems to be about Nickelback. :unsure: I picked up the new album today, and damn, what a monster slab of commercial hard rock! The production, hooks, catchiness, and singability (is that a word) were just top notch. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this new release is even better than "All The Right Reasons". Highly highly recommended.

Picked up this CD (Nickelback, not Justin Hawkins or Geoff's pugs) yesterday and have spun it a few times... and I've gotta say that despite their previous efforts leaving me with a resounding "meh" this one actually has quite a few hooks and melodies that have me enjoying it. I think the Mutt Lange "treatment" also helps as far as listenability.

"Next Go Round" feels out of place and is as useless as tits on a bull, but outside of that one clunker, all the songs rate.

This year has turned out exceptionally with respect to music releases. Making my Top 5 list is going to be excruciating. CDs that I thought for sure would be in contention back in June now won't make the list.

And it's not just traditional hard rock/AOR (Journey, Jimi Jamison, Rockarma, Marcello-Vestry, AC/DC) that have had stellar releases, but so-called "modern" hard rock has some REAL gems (Shinedown, Hinder, Nickelback). The only modern hard rock release that people have been talking about that I consider to have been a waste of money is Disciple - Southern Hospitality. Does absolutely NOTHING for me. Unlistenable to my ears.

-Dan