English please!

I'm all for knowing many languages, but when doing bussiness on the net I hate it when the other person doesn't understand or has very limited abilities in English.

I have this one buyer on Ebay, from Germany that refuses to pay via Paypal and I told him I only accept payment through Paypal and it is clearly stated in my auction.

He insists that I give him my banking info and he could deposit the money into my bank account. No way buddy, try again.

If you can't communicate very well in English why buy from a Canadian or American?

Here's his last email:

i don`t want to pay with pay pal, or send cash to canadien, in your pay options don`t stand that i couldn`t pay over my bank.

I understand not wanting to pay via Paypal, but I only accept that method, so don't bid. :doh:

Change your auction settings to only accept bids from people with a PayPal account. I did that and my problems reduced greatly.

I understand it is your own decision what payments to accept, but if the buyer is willing to cover the bank wire transfer fees it is way better and secure than gaypal and makes no real sense to reject it from seller's standpoint

I'm all for knowing many languages, but when doing bussiness on the net I hate it when the other person doesn't understand or has very limited abilities in English.

I have this one buyer on Ebay, from Germany that refuses to pay via Paypal and I told him I only accept payment through Paypal and it is clearly stated in my auction.

He insists that I give him my banking info and he could deposit the money into my bank account. No way buddy, try again.

If you can't communicate very well in English why buy from a Canadian or American?

Here's his last email:

i don`t want to pay with pay pal, or send cash to canadien, in your pay options don`t stand that i couldn`t pay over my bank.

I understand not wanting to pay via Paypal, but I only accept that method, so don't bid. :doh:

It's not me, Dave, I swear !! ;)

Here's his last email:

Must be Australian!! :D

Change your auction settings to only accept bids from people with a PayPal account. I did that and my problems reduced greatly.

My settings are already set to accept Paypal only. He thinks the little bank symbol beside the credit cards means he can send money to my bank account, it only symbolizes that you can send money to my Paypal account through his bank account. He just doesn't want to use Paypal.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I admit, I'm not the brightest star in the sky, so would one of our Euro members explain how this bank transfer thing works?

I've had European buyers want to send me a bank transfer as well.

Do I give them my bank routing numbers and account number similiar to what we do here in the USA for a direct wire payment? Then they contact their bank and have the money wired (transferred directly to me like a direct deposit)?????

Oh....and I suppose the buyer would be the one paying the transfer and currency conversion fees???

Okay, I admit, I'm not the brightest star in the sky, so would one of our Euro members explain how this bank transfer thing works?

Do I give them my bank routing numbers and account number similiar to what we do here in the USA for a direct wire payment? Then they contact their bank and have the money wired (transferred directly to me like a direct deposit)?????

Oh....and I suppose the buyer would be the one paying the transfer and currency conversion fees???

I don't know how they work, but I sure as hell wouldn't be giving anybody my account number...you're asking for trouble down the road I would think.

I don't know how they work, but I sure as hell wouldn't be giving anybody my account number...you're asking for trouble down the road I would think.

Funny thing is....every time you write a check you give all that info out........unless you have disappearing ink on your checks!!!! :hammer:

• My Little Pony

Swazi, you sprechen English well, for a Kraut! Ha.

Are you actually German, or are you just living there?

Here's his last email:

Must be Australian!! :D

:tsk::wtf:;):lol: