Proper Footie 2008/9

Wotty

Any comments on the transfers that went on Monday?

I was especially pleased that Berbatov signed for Man U, especially after watching Sky News and getting the shock of my life reading Tottenham had accepted a record bid from Manchester City :wtf::yikes:

Robinho was a big surprise for City and not Chelsea. :o

Any lower league comments? :tumbsup:

Berbatov says,after his £30,000000 transfer,he's not influenced by money :whistle: Yeah right !!!!!!!!!!!! As with Robinho,vastly,vastly overpriced imo.

No transfers of any note for The Mighty Town........

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was especially pleased that Berbatov signed for Man U, especially after watching Sky News and getting the shock of my life reading Tottenham had accepted a record bid from Manchester City :wtf::yikes:

Not really a surprise when you consider the guys who have bought the club! They have 100s of billions of squid behind them and this is just the start. The leader of the consortium states they want to buy at least 18 players for anything up to £30M each! :yikes:

Will we see

Manchester City > Manchester Utd

in a year or two time?????

Not really a surprise when you consider the guys who have bought the club! They have 100s of billions of squid behind them and this is just the start. The leader of the consortium states they want to buy at least 18 players for anything up to £30M each! :yikes:

Will we see

Such a lot of money !! :screwy: Totally ridiculous !! All these transfer politics are getting completely out of proportion and control.

Will we see

Such a lot of money !! :screwy: Totally ridiculous !! All these transfer politics are getting completely out of proportion and control.

Yeah I wish some rich Arab would buy Southend FC :tumbsup:

And what's the result of all of this ridiculous spending on Foreign players? The latest England squad contains a 29-year old uncapped player from Fulham... :bs:

In several decades time the full England squad will be made up of players from clubs outside the Top 4, because those sides are full of foreign players. The England Manager will then have an even more extreme dilemna than he has today.... Does he pick a player from Arsenal or Man Utd's subs bench (Theo Walcott?) or a player from Middlesbrough/Sunderland who is playing regularly (but for a piss-weak side)....

And what's the result of all of this ridiculous spending on Foreign players? The latest England squad contains a 29-year old uncapped player from Fulham... :bs:

In several decades time the full England squad will be made up of players from clubs outside the Top 4, because those sides are full of foreign players. The England Manager will then have an even more extreme dilemna than he has today.... Does he pick a player from Arsenal or Man Utd's subs bench (Theo Walcott?) or a player from Middlesbrough/Sunderland who is playing regularly (but for a piss-weak side)....

backed, but Bullard cant play any worse for England than Gerrard / Lampard do ???!

I mean, those 2 'supposed' stars have been under-performing for ages.

backed, but Bullard cant play any worse for England than Gerrard / Lampard do ???!

But that's because repeated Managers have tried to fit the system around the best players, not the right players around the best system. For their clubs Lampard and Gerrard play with holding Midfielders so they get to roam forward, which is why Owen Hargreaves needs to be a regular with one of Lampard or Gerrard sacrificed.

Oh, and Wes Brown and Beckham need to be sacrificed full-stop. (preferably in a satanic ritual, involving decapitation)

But that's because repeated Managers have tried to fit the system around the best players, not the right players around the best system. For their clubs Lampard and Gerrard play with holding Midfielders so they get to roam forward, which is why Owen Hargreaves needs to be a regular with one of Lampard or Gerrard sacrificed.

Oh, and Wes Brown and Beckham need to be sacrificed full-stop. (preferably in a satanic ritual, involving decapitation)

But Posh Spice first, PLEASE !! :rofl2:

Will we see

:rofl2:

:lol:

But Posh Spice first, PLEASE !! :rofl2:

:lol:

I think Berbo made a mistake and should have taken up the city offer. He would have made great tandem with Petrov and Shaun for some attractive footie. City obviously got the cash and Mark seems the right guy to take them up to rub shoulders with the top 3, or even shock them all. Its been too long since Blackburn did it, I say bring it on. Its tiresome seeing always Manure or Chelski champions

I think Berbo made a mistake and should have taken up the city offer. He would have made great tandem with Petrov and Shaun for some attractive footie. City obviously got the cash and Mark seems the right guy to take them up to rub shoulders with the top 3, or even shock them all. Its been too long since Blackburn did it, I say bring it on. Its tiresome seeing always Manure or Chelski champions

On the contrary, I think he made the right choice, in that he will play now at the highest level of club competition :tumbsup:

He may have earned more at Man City but the challenge of playing Champoins League must of swung it. :tumbsup:

I do agree it would be nice for City, or other teams to be able to compete with the big guns and make the Premiership even more exciting than it is now! :tumbsup:

He will if he establishes himself in the team... Berbo has been known of sharing his piece of mind with his coaches, and Sir Alex has a short fuse to match, so we shall see...

City have caught the golden goose and with the current selection they could do great things. Snatching Robinho from Chelski is a big atestate for their intentions. I wonder what happened with the 2-nd Bulgarian in the team, Bojinov?

I'm sorry Wotty, I'd have rooted for the mighty Town, but US television does not show Conference games ;)

:tumbsup:

I'm sorry Wotty, I'd have rooted for the mighty Town, but US television does not show Conference games ;)

Conference ??????????? You cheeky buggar :whistle: Not yet anyway..... :unsure:

Sorry Wotty, couldnt resist. I hope they wont make me prophet coming next season...

Apart from the Towns mammouth game today,England play Andorra in a World Cup qualifier that's "live"on Setanta sports,another pay-for-view channel......

ROBBING BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a decent Cable TV company like Virgin and you get it for free mate. Come over to mine and watch it!! :drink:

England brushed away the Footie giants/titansthey call Andorra 0-2 but the Town lost 2-1 to the spawny bastards known as Macclesfield. :crying:

Both are and were rubbish :tumbsup:

England brushed away the Footie giants/titansthey call Andorra 0-2 but the Town lost 2-1 to the spawny bastards known as Macclesfield. :crying:

Both are and were rubbish :tumbsup:

And one always will be, and it isn't England :lol: