Proper Footie 2008/9

Wotty

So,Champions League final "losers" Man Utd are gonna play a pre-season friendly AT The Mighty Town......

If my memory serves me correctly,the last time they did that,their "strong" side included two first-teamers and their reserves and youth team players.Will it be the same again ?? :whistle:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So,Champions League final "losers" Man Utd are gonna play a pre-season friendly AT The Mighty Town......

If my memory serves me correctly,the last time they did that,their "strong" side included two first-teamers and their reserves and youth team players.Will it be the same again ?? :whistle:

I hope so........for your sake mate :whistle:

Kazakstan 0 England 4

Andorra on Wednesday night........

good result in the end but couldnt score for bloody 40 minutes again.

i dont want to see them when the come up against the big boyz.

But has footie gone fookin' insane ?

First Real Madrid buy Kaka for approx. £56 Million.And now........

It seems Man Utd have accepted £80 Million for Ronaldo from Madrid.

FOOKIN' INSANITY !!!!!!!!!!!

But has footie gone fookin' insane ?

First Real Madrid buy Kaka for approx. £56 Million.And now........

It seems Man Utd have accepted £80 Million for Ronaldo from Madrid.

FOOKIN' INSANITY !!!!!!!!!!!

That's got rid of the little prick Ronaldo at least. Hoorah. :bananamac:

Won`t be sorry to see Ronalso go, £80M my arse!

Will buy some great team players though! :bananamac:

• 1 month later...

So what the fuck is going on at Man City? Do they think that having a team of 11 strikers will win them the league....

And who is going to play?

Robinho

Santa Cruz

Bellamy

Adebayor

Tevez

Caicedo

Jo (Loan to Everton)

So what the fuck is going on at Man City? Do they think that having a team of 11 strikers will win them the league....

And who is going to play?

Robinho

Santa Cruz

Bellamy

Adebayor

Tevez

Caicedo

Jo (Loan to Everton)

At least half of them are shite too.

I can guarantee you that City will win diddly squat this year no matter who they buy.

& they wont break the top 4.

Buying players does not mean success.....you have to gel as a team. Everton is a good example. Just a real good squad and tough to beat.

Man City are fuckin' well "minted"...They have to be seen to be outspending everyone else.

I agree with Tim about the strikers,though they have more than he listed.Ched Evans and Benjani spring to mind,it's a joke !!!!!!

I agree with Tim about the strikers,though they have more than he listed.Ched Evans and Benjani spring to mind,it's a joke !!!!!!

True, those two ought to pack their bags now as they have no hope of getting in the squad. Benjani is shit anyway.

I disagree with Glen. Another couple of quality buys (a full back and a centre back) and they're Top 4 quality IMO. They'll take out Arsenal....

Man City are definitely a quality team and will be up there or abouts this season for sure. I see they aren't giving up on John Terry either, going by reports this morning. I seriously think that is a dead end, but who knows when the cash is waved.

Take out Arsenal TIM? If they are like they were last season, I can see a few teams doing that to be honest..

Man City are definitely a quality team and will be up there or abouts this season for sure. I see they aren't giving up on John Terry either, going by reports this morning. I seriously think that is a dead end, but who knows when the cash is waved.

Take out Arsenal TIM? If they are like they were last season, I can see a few teams doing that to be honest..

I think Arsenal will be a lot better this season. A young side with a lot of potential.

If anything I think ManU will slide..........I mean come on..replacing Ronaldo with Owen. No one likes him admittedly but few can argue that he has been instrumental in a lot of their success in recent years.

I still think Arsenal are too lightweight. If he took that side to Spain they would be awesome, but in the Premier League they'll always be out-fought. I think it's shaping up to potentially be a real close 3-way battle. Chelsea finally have a top class Manager, Liverpool are class and will improve (even though they will lose Alonso for sure), and Man Utd will be stronger. Ronaldo was awesome, but Owen is a great buy IMO - bet he gets 15 goals at least - and Valencia is also a shrewd bit of business. He knows the Premier League and is powerful and quick and will create loads for Rooney and Owen. I'd bet on City to sneak into 4th but some way behind these 3....