Proper Footie 2008/9

Wotty

Home to Notts County on Saturday.

We've got Brighton tomorrow night. Should be a good game. Think Brighton are one of favourites for promotion this year.

Well,Brighton gave Southend a bit of a mullering..... :whistle:

Mullering - A word you know very well Ian!! :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got Brighton tomorrow night. Should be a good game. Think Brighton are one of favourites for promotion this year.

Mullering - A word you know very well Ian!! :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmmm,We'll see. :unsure:

Niiiice victory for the Cottagers over Arsenal today! :tumbsup: They've still got a ways to go, but I think Hodgson is doing a nice job rebuilding the team.

I also highly enjoyed the Charlton v Reading match this morning (the only Championship match-up available to me on this side of the pond this week). If Pardew's boys will play with that much gusto all season, they could very well find themselves battling for promotion come the end of the season.

Niiiice victory for the Cottagers over Arsenal today! :tumbsup: They've still got a ways to go, but I think Hodgson is doing a nice job rebuilding the team.

Really enjoyed the Fulham / Arsenal game.

Thought Fulham played and battled very well!

Arsenal certainly look a different side without Hleb and Flamini but struggled also without Fabregas!

Not too keen on Denilson, looks a bit lightweight to me :tumbsup:

I missed that result as I was driving to Reading - I dont think I want to look now :unsure:

I missed that result as I was driving to Reading - I dont think I want to look now :unsure:

What are you, some kind of armchair fan? :whistle:

I'll admit I dont have a season ticket for Southend but -

a. its my nearest club to where I was born

b. i get along at least 4-5 times a season.

:tumbsup:

Old Trafford is probably 80 - 100 miles from my home and you go 4 - 5 times a season more than I do mate :lol:

I like my armchair positioned right in front of the tv :tumbsup:

Old Trafford is probably 80 - 100 miles from my home and you go 4 - 5 times a season more than I do mate :lol:

At least I support my local club :whistle:

Anyway, footie is so damned expensive these days I cant afford to go more often than that.

Anyway, footie is so damned expensive these days I cant afford to go more often than that.

On a serious note Glen, I`ve followed Man Utd since I was 7 years old as my best mate at first school supported them. :bowdown:

I used to have everything Man Utd when I was a kid, home and away kits, scarves, mirrors - everything. :bowdown:

In 1982, I went to my one and only Man Utd game at Villa Park, we lost 2-1. Don`t remember much about it. :unsure:

I`ve been to Old Trafford for a stadium tour but as much as I absolutely love playing and watching football, I`ve never had much inclination to go to live games. I think it`s the crowds that put me off. :o

If I had an opportunity to take my son to a game now, I probably would. :tumbsup:

Now something less serious - Southend were mullered :rofl2:

On a serious note Glen, I`ve followed Man Utd since I was 7 years old as my best mate at first school supported them. :bowdown:

I used to have everything Man Utd when I was a kid, home and away kits, scarves, mirrors - everything. :bowdown:

In 1982, I went to my one and only Man Utd game at Villa Park, we lost 2-1. Don`t remember much about it. :unsure:

I`ve been to Old Trafford for a stadium tour but as much as I absolutely love playing and watching football, I`ve never had much inclination to go to live games. I think it`s the crowds that put me off. :o

If I had an opportunity to take my son to a game now, I probably would. :tumbsup:

It was only 0-2. theyve lost by bigger margins than that

It was only 0-2. theyve lost by bigger margins than that

They will getting beaten by bigger margins than that :lol:

No mention of Palace not winning? :tumbsup:

Can't even score a goal mate, so nothing worth wrtiting about - Complete Rubbish start.

No mention of Palace not winning? :tumbsup:

Can't even score a goal mate, so nothing worth wrtiting about - Complete Rubbish start.

Englands best team aren`t much better :tumbsup:

Only lost 4-0 in the cup to Leeds - for fucks sake!! :doh:

At least 'The Shite' went one better and let in 5 :rofl2:

At least we can concentrate on our push for Rele...Promotion!! :lol:

Looks like I'm the only one laughing after last night's debacle for you lot. :P

We were fookin' hammered,but at least found the net,unlike "which end are we kicking at?" Palace.... :whistle:

Yeah, but who was it who scored your goal.....? Ryan.....I mean Ray Charles :lol:

That explains a lot :lol:

We were fookin' hammered,but at least found the net,unlike "which end are we kicking at?" Palace.... :whistle:

Yeah, but who was it who scored your goal.....? Ryan.....I mean Ray Charles :lol:

That explains a lot :lol:

A scorer nonetheless....