Proper Footie 2008/9

Wotty

Another season starts on Saturday with the now, not-so Mighty Town languishing in League Two,with a minus 30 point penalty hindering our progress,not to mention our lack of established players.Still,I will keep the faith,Miracles may happen.. :crying::crying:

As always,Palace will maintain their mid-table mediocrity and will keep the chuckles constant.Plus,this year we seem to have QPR promising a lot,and we may be joined by the Premiership glory-hunter boys,claiming they've supported Man Utd for forever and a day :whistle:

All in all an interesting season beckons...

COME ON YOU HATTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was sorry to see Luton lose those 30 points, pretty harsh given they were already punished for the same thing before. I guess they'll probably end the season on about -27 points then? :lol:

QPR just loaned-in a Real Madrid player, joining us ahead of Arsenal! We also got a few freebies, Cerny from Spurs & Ramage from Newcastle, as well as a few others. I'd say we're pretty likely to go up this year....

Hey, dont forget about Southend - we had a cracking season last year, reaching the League 1 play offs only to fall foul to a stonking Doncaster performance. I doubt if anyone watched that game at Doncaster, but they were f awesome for a league one side. My old man said he thought they were passing the ball like Barcelona...and he wasnt far wrong...as ludicrous as that sounds. In all seriousness if they play anywhere near as good as that in the championship then a lot of clubs had better look out.

Tilson is still after 3 new players before the end Aug transfer window ends and he'd better pull his finger out, cos theyve lost a great keeper in Flahavan, and also 2 of their best in Gower and Maher. :unsure:

Our first match is home to Peterborough and we should win that so lets hope for a positive start.

As for Luton, well -30 pts sucks. If you get out of that situation I would be well surprised. Luton out of the football league.....you would have never believed that possibility 5-10 years ago!

Tilson is still after 3 new players before the end Aug transfer window ends and he'd better pull his finger out, cos theyve lost a great keeper in Flahavan, and also 2 of their best in Gower and Maher. :unsure:

My mate's going out with the ex-girlfriend of Tilson (I think he had an affair with this girl while he was married), & she said he used to be beat her up when they lost. I guess she got beaten up A LOT.

My mate's going out with the ex-girlfriend of Tilson (I think he had an affair with this girl while he was married), & she said he used to be beat her up when they lost. I guess she got beaten up A LOT.

Lets hope it wasnt during the season while they were in the Championship otherwise she must have been beaten to a pulp :lol:

Silly girl for staying with him is all I can say. Wierd - he always comes across in interviews as a really good, grounded bloke. Just goes to show.

Good luck to all teams mentioned but they`ll all play 2nd fiddle to the mighty Red Devils :lol::lol:

Got my self a new armchair for the coming season :tumbsup:

Another season starts on Saturday with the now, not-so Mighty Town languishing in League Two,with a minus 30 point penalty hindering our progress,not to mention our lack of established players.Still,I will keep the faith,Miracles may happen.. :crying::crying:

As always,Palace will maintain their mid-table mediocrity and will keep the chuckles constant.Plus,this year we seem to have QPR promising a lot,and we may be joined by the Premiership glory-hunter boys,claiming they've supported Man Utd for forever and a day :whistle:

a minus 30 point penalty what does that mean?

Luton Town will start the season with a score of -30; they have to win 10 games outright just to get back to ZERO. It's unfortunate, but it looks like Sir Wotty's team is heading for Conference play next season... :unsure:

Luton Town will start the season with a score of -30; they have to win 10 games outright just to get back to ZERO. It's unfortunate, but it looks like Sir Wotty's team is heading for Conference play next season... :unsure:

Thanks...I thought it was something like that...what did they do to get such

a penalty, insult the Queen?

Sad.But Mike's comments smack of the truth,but we are the TOWN!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Sad.But Mike's comments smack of the truth,but we are Shit!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Wotty - this is a proper footie thread for the coming season, what interest do you have in this mate!! :lol:

Mid table mediocrity!! - You have a short memory mate - we made the play offs last season!! 12-1 to win the eague this year and looking for a good season with some other quality teams in there - will be close as usual. Better Championship footie than the non league stuff you'll be playing heh!! ;)

As for the 'Shite' - Minus 30 points was a let off in my opinion, the cheating bastards, and I hope the have the season from hell (like last year, oh!! and the year before that come to think of it!! :lol: ) ending up in Relegation YET again, to the depths of nothingness that is the mighty Conference league. You'll be lucky to even get to 0 points this season mate.

As for Luton, well -30 pts sucks. If you get out of that situation I would be well surprised. Luton out of the football league.....you would have never believed that possibility 5-10 years ago!

I wouldn't have believed it, but I always prayed for it. I must have been a good boy!! :lol:

As for the 'Shite' - Minus 30 points was a let off in my opinion, the cheating bastards, and I hope the have the season from hell (like last year, oh!! and the year before that come to think of it!! :lol: ) ending up in Relegation YET again, to the depths of nothingness that is the mighty Conference league. You'll be lucky to even get to 0 points this season mate.

Jez = Man of deep compassion :christmas:

Jez = Man of deep compassion :christmas:

When it comes to this bunch of jokers, no compassion whatsoever mate :)

Thanks...I thought it was something like that...what did they do to get such

a penalty, insult the Queen?

As good as mate :lol:

Wotty - this is a proper footie thread for the coming season, what interest do you have in this mate!! :lol:

:rofl2:

See Ronaldo has finally decided that he will stay at ManU for at least one more season - to be honest he was never going anywhere was he? Once Fergie makes up his mind that's it.......he'd have rather left him on the bench or rotting in the reserves than sell him to RM.

Good news tho for ManU that this episode is put to rest.

See Ronaldo has finally decided that he will stay at ManU for at least one more season - to be honest he was never going anywhere was he? Once Fergie makes up his mind that's it.......he'd have rather left him on the bench or rotting in the reserves than sell him to RM.

Good news tho for ManU that this episode is put to rest.

I`m sure he pissed Fergie and a load of true fans off with his desire to move to another glamorous club. :o

Glad he`s decided to stay but it`s just delaying the inevitable! :(

Personally, I would of let him go and with the money, have gone for a more consistent / better player (though less of a goalscorer) IMO in Lionel Messi :yikes:

Bournemouth and Rotherham are now both on -17 points to start with,so definitely catchable.

And we've signed 8,yes 8 new players,5 permanent and 3 on season-long loan.

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bournemouth and Rotherham are now both on -17 points to start with,so definitely catchable.

The trouble is, any new players are really playing for their own careers. The implication on a pro footballer of dropping out of the league is that you then have to get another job, & become a semi-pro. One of my mates plays for Aldershot, who have just been promoted into the league, but he had to leave when they were promoted. He can't afford to give up his job to be a pro footballer on the sort of wages they earn....

The trouble is, any new players are really playing for their own careers. The implication on a pro footballer of dropping out of the league is that you then have to get another job, & become a semi-pro. One of my mates plays for Aldershot, who have just been promoted into the league, but he had to leave when they were promoted. He can't afford to give up his job to be a pro footballer on the sort of wages they earn....

Dropping out of the league is not an option,but I understand the sentiment...

I read last night that Southend had to cancel their team photo shoot as so many players were injured there was no point in proceeding.

Fuck shit and bollocks :crying:

This isnt the start to the season I was hoping for. :(

I read last night that Southend had to cancel their team photo shoot as so many players were injured there was no point in proceeding.

I thought they'd had a relatively injury-free pre-season...

I thought they'd had a relatively injury-free pre-season...

So did I - this came as a major shock.

In fact I will need to investigate further.