Proper Footie 2008/9

Wotty

I heard on our news that there is some soccer player that is being paid I, think it was 90 million for the next 5 years and it was averaged out at 300,000 a week......Is that for real??????

Is he a Luton Town player :unsure: ...... :lol:

If it was 30p a week , you might be nearer the truth mate!!

And that is being over paid !! :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on our news that there is some soccer player that is being paid I, think it was 90 million for the next 5 years and it was averaged out at 300,000 a week......Is that for real??????

Oh dear...Antipodean humour !!!!!!!!!!!! :nyanya:

I guess that would be Mr David Beckham whose salary with LA Galaxy is currently £454,000 a week. Yes that's a week.....not a month or year. A WEEK. He's not even that good.

No way would he get in the Southend squad :whistle:

I guess that would be Mr David Beckham whose salary with LA Galaxy is currently £454,000 a week. Yes that's a week.....not a month or year. A WEEK. He's not even that good.

No I agree,even he's not that bad........ :whistle:

No I agree,even he's not that bad........ :whistle:

:rofl2:

Oh dear...Antipodean humour !!!!!!!!!!!! :nyanya:

I'm just warming up for the new season mate ;):lol:

No, it ain't him. It is Frank Lampard....$89 million which is $320,000 a week

Gillingham 0,yes that's 0 .Getting Mighty Again Town 1,yes fookin' 1 :bananamac::banana::bananamac:

Oi Palace fan Preston 2 Your shit 0 :rofl2:

A minor blip -27 points fan. :lol:

I`m convinced a revival is on the cards for Luton :bowdown:

A great win Wotty :tumbsup:

Mate - you must realise that The Wotster gets very excited after one game, then next week he will be down in the dumps again. If a team loses any game they are shit, except his team, when they are unlucky. The list of excuses will become apparent as the season goes on and Relegation beckons!! You will realise after a while that he is infact a total 'Fanboy' of the highest calibre

Anyways - Palace were unlucky today with a freak own goal, that put them off track, plus members of the crowd had flash photography that blinded our Goalie. :lol:

Mate - you must realise that The Wotster gets very excited after one game, then next week he will be down in the dumps again. If a team loses any game they are shit, except his team, when they are unlucky. The list of excuses will become apparent as the season goes on and Relegation beckons!! You will realise after a while that he is infact a total 'Fanboy' of the highest calibre

Anyways - Palace were unlucky today with a freak own goal, that put them off track, plus members of the crowd had flash photography that blinded our Goalie. :lol:

What a load of bollocks.........

What a load of bollocks.........

You past history of permanent relegation and excuses back these words of complete wisdom all the way. ;)

Not a bad result for Southend - a draw against Millwall. 4 from 6 is about as good a start as we could have hoped for.

Doubt Tim will be bragging much either :whistle:

As for you Wotty, enjoy your likely only win of season mate. No in fact, savour and bottle it so you can remind yourself what it tastes likes as the losses build up :lol:

:drink:

Fucking bunch of useless foreigners. What's the point bringing in players from Real Madrid who can do backwards step-overs if they can't head the ball away from a corner? Not sure why I expected any more after we hired the Elephant Man as our Manager...

So I have decided to choose a team that I feel are about as good as Luton Town and that also have the same amount of potential to succeed this year and progress to the Premier League within the next few years and become a soccer powerhouse.....

See............I am right........Here comes Luton Town......A powerhouse in the making.....Beware all you non believers :lol:

Not a bad result for Southend - a draw against Millwall. 4 from 6 is about as good a start as we could have hoped for.

As for you Wotty, enjoy your likely only win of season mate. No in fact, savour and bottle it so you can remind yourself what it tastes likes as the losses build up :lol:

:drink:

You think ?? :nyanya:

Fucking bunch of useless foreigners. What's the point bringing in players from Real Madrid who can do backwards step-overs if they can't head the ball away from a corner? Not sure why I expected any more after we hired the Elephant Man as our Manager...

:lol:

To all the Man Utd glory-hunters....

"Man Utd,Man Utd,What's it like to win a game" :whistle:

I watched the Chelsea game and they were real quality! :tumbsup:

Newcastle played well and no excuses can be offered other than Man U weren`t good enough! :(

Fletcher, Giggs, Scholes, O`Shea aren`t good enough/anymore! :angry:

A frustrating opening game, in need of Berbatov :bowdown:

Had a great seat though :nyanya:

Home to Notts County on Saturday.

Indeed. Should be a good game.

The Pies are playing like a team this year and not a bunch of useless pricks who had no interest in playing for the club to match with having little talent.

They were awesome against Doncaster in the Carling Cup the other week. The only problem is that they still don't make the most of their chances in front of the net (as the Darlington game proved). But the defence is far more robust than last season, with the exception of the left back, Paul Mayo, who is the weakest link.

I like the fact that those posting here are mainly League supporters and not Premiership glory hunters :0)

"I had a wheelbarrow..the wheel fell off"

We've got Brighton tomorrow night. Should be a good game. Think Brighton are one of favourites for promotion this year.

We've got Brighton tomorrow night. Should be a good game. Think Brighton are one of favourites for promotion this year.

Well,Brighton gave Southend a bit of a mullering..... :whistle: