VIRGIN STEELE

staryder1

I don't know if there has been a post about VIRGIN STEELE before if so sorry if not cool Hey how many you HHers are into this highly under appeciated Heavy Metal band? These guys rock and should be in the tops of the Heavy Metal genre! Any comments, opinions of this band?

Sadly, the only album I have from these guys is 'Life amongst ruins'. I really like that album, especially 'Love is pain' which is one of my all-time favourite songs. 'Cry forever' and 'Never believed in goodbye' are very nice ballads too.

I owned 'Noble savage' for a while but was always trying to get rid of it - and eventually I did. I always wanted to check out the two 'Marriage of Heaven and hell' CDs one day too.

EDIT: According to Brutal metal I also have a CDR copy of the first 'Marriage of heaven and hell' disc and I quite liked it. :lol: I really have to listen to these guys again.

Manowar > Virgin Steele.

• 5 months later...

I like Virgin Steele specially 1988-1995 albums, i have these ones :

Guardians of the Flame 80/100 "Wait for the Night (bonus)"

Noble Savage 80/100

Age of Consent 90/100 Great Melodic Metal album "On The Wings of the Night (The Super Song!!!)" "Tragedy (lovers of MHR/AOR or MM/AOR will love this track is my fav with "On the Wings")" "Cry Forever (The great ballad)" "Chains Of Fire" "We Are Eternal" "Desert Plains (bonus cover Judas)" my fav Virgin Steele album and the best IMO.

Life Among the Ruins 85/100 "Love is Pain(Melodic Hard Rock/AOR) What a song YEAH!!!" the rating in Metal-Archives is ridiculous because this one isn't a Heavy Metal album is more Hard Rock & Melodic Hard Rock a very good one for lovers of both styles.

The Marriage of Heaven & Hell: Part I 85/100 "I Wake Up Screaming & Blood and Gasoline"

The Marriage of Heaven & Hell: Part II 85/100 "Twilight of the Gods & Victory is Mine"

The House of Atreus: Act I 70/100

The House of Atreus: Act II 70/100

Visions of Eden 70/100

Listening again with my cigarettes this very good band of Heavy/MM/Power(late 90's) Metal :guitbannana:

• 2 months later...

One of my favourite bands I have all the discography on cd but I think DeFeis loose the way... The fantastic epic atmosphere in the first albums are gone replaced by thousands of tiring intros, instrumentals & crappy ballads...

I have the most versions including "Life Among The Ruins" US version signed by the band or "Age Of Consent" first press on Maze with the different cover but I think the best albums are in particular order :

Guardians of the Flame

Noble Savage

The Marriage of Heaven & Hell: Part II

Invictus

• 3 weeks later...
Sadly, the only album I have from these guys is 'Life amongst ruins'. I really like that album, especially 'Love is pain' which is one of my all-time favourite songs. 'Cry forever' and 'Never believed in goodbye' are very nice ballads too.

I owned 'Noble savage' for a while but was always trying to get rid of it - and eventually I did. I always wanted to check out the two 'Marriage of Heaven and hell' CDs one day too.

EDIT: According to Brutal metal I also have a CDR copy of the first 'Marriage of heaven and hell' disc and I quite liked it. :lol: I really have to listen to these guys again.

actually "life..." is their only disc i mailed to de feis and wrote him to use it as a frisbie.....then i first met him a couple of years later during a promotional tour he did in greece and he remembered me and told me that i was right.... :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...
I don't know if there has been a post about VIRGIN STEELE before if so sorry if not cool Hey how many you HHers are into this highly under appeciated Heavy Metal band? These guys rock and should be in the tops of the Heavy Metal genre! Any comments, opinions of this band?

I would agree they are quite overlooked. Not only that, they have a really stellar band name. :) As well as one kick-ass album title, "Noble Savage." !!!

I would agree they are quite overlooked. Not only that, they have a really stellar band name. :) As well as one kick-ass album title, "Noble Savage." !!!

yeah, not only a great title but a great album also. and yeah, noble for the melodic/hard rock stuff i love and savage for the pure heavy/power stuff i love....sort of their music is also in this way...sadly nowadays noble wins the savage as far as their music goes....

• 1 month later...