Pre-Brother Firetribe: Cashmir

Stefan

Ladies and Gentlemen! Let me introduce Pekka Heino's band before Brother Firetribe and Leverage: Cashmir. The song is called Josie and it ROCKS! Oh yes it ROCKS!!! :beerbang:

I couldn't believe it when I found it. It's criminally AWESOME!

:banger:

Good song and what a voice. :beerbang:

I wasn't aware that he had a band before BFT. :unsure:

Do these guys have a cd out?

I wasn't aware that he had a band before BFT. unsure.gif

After a little research I found out that Cashmir released one album (selftitled) and a second one was recorded but remain unreleased due to problems of the record label. The song "Josie" isn't to be found on the debut. Perhaps it is from the unreleased "lost" album.

Cashmir lasted about 10 years right up til Brother Firetribe was formed. They tried (or the record label tried! dry.gif ) to break themselves onto the German scene and changed their name to Trombi. Trombi released a cd-single called: Better Than Me (SONY MUSIC year: 2000) but to no avail. They didn't hit the big time.

This is the debut cd:

CASHMIR_ST.JPG

Cashmir: S/T 1997 Atominus Records atocd 001

1. Be Awake
2. Best Of Both Worlds
3. Cashmir
4. Knock Yourself Out
5. Marvel
6. Mindless Times
7. Moon My Friend
8. Not A Number
9. Simplicity
10. Streets Of Common People
11. Too Late To Wonder Why

Actually I managed to track down this debut on an auction site here in Finland and bought the damn thing (the cd, not the site or Finland :lol: ) I will probably get it within a week. I´ll post my feelings about the cd in the near future.

Rock on
Stefan cool.gif

I wasn't aware that he had a band before BFT. :unsure:

After a little research I found out that Cashmir released one album (selftitled) and a second one was recorded but remain unreleased due to problems of the record label. The song "Josie" isn't to be found on the debut. Perhaps it is from the unreleased "lost" album.

Cashmir lasted about 10 years right up til Brother Firetribe was formed. They tried (or the record label tried! <_< ) to break themselves onto the German scene and changed their name to Trombi. Trombi released a cd-single called: Better Than Me (SONY MUSIC year: 2000) but to no avail. They didn't hit the big time.

This is the debut cd:

Click here!

Cashmir: S/T 1997 Atominus Records atocd 001

1. Be Awake

2. Best Of Both Worlds

3. Cashmir

4. Knock Yourself Out

5. Marvel

6. Mindless Times

7. Moon My Friend

8. Not A Number

9. Simplicity

10. Streets Of Common People

11. Too Late To Wonder Why

Actually I managed to track down this debut on an auction site here in Finland and bought the damn thing (the cd, not the site or Finland :lol: ) I will probably get it within a week. I´ll post my feelings about the cd in the near future.

Rock on

Stefan B)

Thanks for all the information. :drink:

I asked Pekka about the availability of the song Josie:

"Josie" music video was the last thing Cashmir ever did, the song was one of the last demos we did and it´s not on any album. What you hear on the video is the actual demo which was eventually mastered just for the video. The reason we did the video was because a friend of ours, who´s now the biggest music video director in Finland, was a big fan of the song and wanted to try out what it would be like directing a music video. That was his first work.

-Dan

Alright folks! I've just lived with this cd for a day and my first reaction was "Hmmm...pretty good", maybe a 4-5 good songs and the rest...not so good. Then after 3 or 4 times playing from start to finish the songs came to life. Now I must say this is as good as BTF/Leverage and the thing that started to sink in more and more: Pekka has a GREAT set of pipes! :headbanger: Probably Finland's best voice.

This album starts strongly with 2 melodic rockers followed with the first ballad: Mindless Times. Songs number 4 and 5 are also 2 great melodic rockers but then the album takes a little bit of a "dive" with song number 6: Knock Yourself Out. Difficult to discribe but not the same style as the rest of the album unsure.gif Good nevertheless!
The momentum picks up on song 7 and the music get stronger and stronger towards the end. My personal favourites are: Moon My Friend (9) and Cashmir (10). Moon My Friend is so close to BTF you almost think it is them. It rocks :banger: And Cashmir sounds like Leverage.
The album ends with a sweet ballad: Streets Of Common People.

Well, the final verdict? Excellent...excellent! If you are a Brother Firetribe/Leverage fan (Dan? :whistle: ) this is a must have in your collection. Clearly one of my best spent money on a CD and I suppose it's quite a rare cd to get hold of.

Check out a young looking Pekka below tongue.gif

CashmirPhoto1.jpg

If you like to hear what the fuss is all about, PM me and I'll see what I can do...or willing to do wink.gif

Til next time,
cool.gif Stefan

Awwwright my fellow HeavyHarmonizers! Here's a treat for you. :banana:

3 full MP3 samples from the Cashmir debut. I was surfing the net today searching for a website to upload things on. I stumbled across this one where these samples are stored and it looks like a great website. Check it out! I haven't yet explored the whole thing but it looks promising. :bananamac:

Here´s the MP3 samples:

Moon My Friend

Mindless Times

Cashmir

Any Brother Firetribe/Leverage fan just can't ignore these tunes. IMO they wrestle in the same league as the aforementioned.

Please :bowdown: post a comment of your thoughts of the samples. I'd like to know the opions of the so-called..."experts" :whistle:

Later

Stefan B)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I finally tracked down a copy of the CASHMIR "Self Titled" CD and have to add my thoughts to this awesome CD. First off, I am a die hard fan of all the Brother Firetribe and Leverage material and when I discovered Pekka Heino had did vocals with a previous band, I set my efforts to land a copy.

Since receiving it, it has been in my CD player in constant rotation with the Brother Firetribe and Leverage CDs......As an additional bonus, Tomppa Nikulainen , the Keyboard player with Brother Firetribe and Leverage is also at work on the keys with Cashmir......

Want to download all of their hard to find stuff? Sure you do......

You can do a search on Google and install one of the free shareware programs to capture FLV (flashplayer format) from YouTube and then use Pazera's free FLV to AVI converter to convert your files to AVI format. Finally, download and install

VIRTUALDUB, another free open source program that is simple to use. Load your AVI file and then at the top, click "file" and drop down to "convert to Wav". It will ask you where you want your WAV file to be saved and then it quickly converts the audio to a WAV file ready to be burned on your CDR or converted into an MP3 with your favorite MP3 program. Of course, this simple method will give you another avenue to get some killer titles that are on YouTube and other sites using flashplayer......

Give those tracks a listen and you'll fall in love with Cashmir!!!

• 1 month later...

I bought a very rare promo CD called The Chauffeur a few months ago. It has two songs on it: God Loves The Rain and the track The Chauffeur. The Chauffeur is a cover of the Duran Duran hit of the same name. They do an interesting version of the Duran classic and it sounds great to hear Pekka tackling a pop song.

A good version I should add.

cashmir0001.jpg

• 7 years later...

Is this the same stuff that was on the 1997 debut? I actually ended up hating it. Thought it was awful...