Favorite "G" Band

"G" Bands  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmmm ..., Gotthard just edges Giant for me. But very close.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

GNR followed by Great White and Gemini 5

Ah, Appetite For Destruction, I can say so many things about it and how it shaped what would become my favorite type of music...sleazy attitude driven rock, sex/drugs/drinking/violence driven lyrics, the videos on MTV, the articles in the mags. Yet they could transition to relationship song with ease. I had to buy 2 cassettes of this one, I wore the writing write off the first one and eventually it broke. Everyone I knew was playing this one, no matter if they were country music, pop rock music first or not. I was 14/15 years old and in awe at the amount of fans packed in the stadium in their video (Parasite City vid I think...the black n white clip). So many things that come to mind. I drew a sketch of the GnR logo with the guns and the roses for an art project. Maybe if I grew up in different time it would be a different band, different release.

Also, I really liked both Use Your Illusions I and II. Didn't care for Chinese Democracy at all.

Great White for me. None of their albums is as good as 'Appetite...', but there's nothing else I like by G'n'R, and Great White consistently put out a number of good records. (There's still one track of theirs I need, 'Is Anybody There', an incredible ballad, but 'Shot In The Dark' is so bloody expensive...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...