Kiss' MUSIC FROM THE ELDER

Kiss' MUSIC FROM THE ELDER  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think we ever got around to doing a poll for this album back in the day... :lol:

So what do y'all think of this sore thumb in the KISS discography? Is it cool? Is it crap? Or is it somewhere in between?

I'd have to say "cool," because even though the concept is rather muddy and hard to follow, tunes like "Only You," Gene's "Mr. Blackwell" and Ace's "Dark Light" are memorable songs. It's not a classic KISS album by any means, but I dont' think MUSIC FROM THE ELDER deserves the bad rap it's gotten over the years.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me I'm in between on this one....I think the real problem was

the Mix they did...The songs and ideas are pretty cool...certainly

a step or two above "UNMASKED"...But they cut out many

of Ace's solo/music cause Bob Ezrin didn't think they fit...

Still some cool stuff on here..and a Move Back into the right

direction...IMO.

Keith and I have discussed this album a few times on this board.

I like this album. If it wasn't for the songs 'Oddessey', 'Fanfare', and the gay 'Just a Boy', then this album would be a killer album IMO.

"Only You", "Under the Rose", "The Oath", "Mr. Blackwell", "Dark Light", "I", and "Escape from the Island" were all kick ass songs IMO.

While I didn't like the concept the songs and overall direction of the music was a huge step foward over Unmasked and Dynasty.

Another cool thing about this record is this was the first album to feature Eric Carr on drums and you can tell too, the drums were much heavier than anything they had done with Peter in the past.

I like this album except 2 or 3 tracks,this is a symphonic hard rock in a kiss style.,the guitars are ok perhaps Ezrin cut some solos of Frehley ,but perhaps is for the style of the music.sometimes Gene is out of tune ,for example in a world without heros,he sing better when he sing very hard ,the drums are good,but with the sound of symphonic groups,the sound of guitar is excellent and there are songs like only just a boy ,excellents in a symphonic rock style with an excellent voice and good technic in this song(Paul Stanley),there are one instrumental song with a good bass and drums, and original I GIVE3.75 STARS IN A RANGE FROM 1 TO 5.

I agree about the ultra-gay "Just A Boy". I voted "cool" because most of the album kicks ass.

I totally agree. "Just A Boy" is pretty lame for KISS but an integral part of the story. All the rest are a HUGE step above "Unmasked" due to, in part, Eric Carr on drums. I don't know if Ace played on the whole album or not, but if he did, an awesome performance. This gets a "cool" from me.

I voted for 'pure crap'. I only ever had (still have???) this on cassette a few years ago. I remember honestly struggling to hear the whole thing and I'm not sure I ever did. Definitely not an album for me.

I voted for 'pure crap'. I only ever had (still have???) this on cassette a few years ago. I remember honestly struggling to hear the whole thing and I'm not sure I ever did. Definitely not an album for me.

No.... Def Leppard's "X" is pure crap!! :P

Pure gold, Rob, is the word I think you were looking for. :P

Pure gold, Rob, is the word I think you were looking for. :P

Fool's gold maybe!! :nyanya:

Wow. Now this one would be tough!

Which is more putrid, Kiss' Elder or Def Leppard's X?

Sort of like, which stinks more, cow crap or horse crap?

:rofl2::rofl2:

Maybe that should be my next poll! :)

That would be an easy poll for me. As Geoff said X is a great album! My fave since Hysteria actually.

JL

I can attest as I have Horses and have had Cows...Cowshit Hands down Smell 100 times worse...

since cows have 4 stomaches the shit is much more rancid.....LOL!! :crazy:

The Elder is better than X Imo!!

That would be an easy poll for me. As Geoff said X is a great album! My fave since Hysteria actually.

JL

"Euphoria" is ten times better then "X".

"Euphoria" is ten times better then "X".

Joe Elliott armpit-farting "God Save The Queen" into a microphone, accompanied by Phil Collen on kazoo, would be a hundred times better than "X" ;)

'Retroactive' is my favourite Def Leppard album of all, but I also like 'X' better than 'Euphoria', 'Slang' and 'Adrenalize'. 'Euphoria' and 'Adrenalize' are very close though.