Kiss' MUSIC FROM THE ELDER

Kiss' MUSIC FROM THE ELDER  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been spinning this one today and I still think it's a good album and has some great songs although they are very much un-Kiss sounding. The only clunkers to me are the opening three tracks. My old cassette and I believer the original album release had the tracks all in the wrong order with the "Oath" being the lead track most likely because it's heavy and awesome however it made the story line not make sense at all. Of course the story is hard to figure out even when the songs are in the correct order. :whistle:

I will say that Keith's blog entry explains the story better than anyone ever has and I've read many a interviews and stories on this release so that's saying something.

• 2 years later...

I like the Elder as well as Def Lep X

Also like Warrant 96, Motley 94 and Dangerous Toys *rtist (obviously)

I think too many people go in expecting what they are used to and get something different and are immediately anti.

Look at Chinese Democracy... (although that one was pretty bad, it was never going to live up to expectations)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asylum

the elder is a total underrated album for me.songs like I or the oath just rules and there are more great songs to offer but mr blackwell from mr. simmons ist just a waste of time,what a bad and boring composing.in fact kiss did here not only a concept album they have for the first time some nice progressive and classical bites on it too.bob ezrin produced this album after he did a great job for destroyer but this time he failed totally....in a commercial way.the elder sold really really bad but maybe it was not the right nerve of time................

I like the Elder as well as Def Lep X

Also like Warrant 96, Motley 94 and Dangerous Toys *rtist (obviously)

I think too many people go in expecting what they are used to and get something different and are immediately anti.

Look at Chinese Democracy... (although that one was pretty bad, it was never going to live up to expectations)

Nah, don't really agree with that. I don't mind something different as long as the songs are good. I also LOVE 'X' and Motley '94. I really dig Warrant's 'Ultraphobic' but hate 'Belly to Belly.' The Dangerous Toys album is okay at absolute best. You can change and still be good, but I just hate bad songs. ;)

Anyway, I always thought this Kiss album was really poor too.