Twisted Sister

Favorite Twisted Sister album?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I am amazed "Love is For Suckers" Is winning this poll.. Not that I HATE it, but come ON Stay Hungry blows it away!!!! :headbanger:

Yeah it's pretty much a joke IMO.

Not that it's horrible but it was a huge sellout album on thier part.

But the title track and "Wake up the Sleeping Giant" ruled. :banger:

Wow I am amazed "Love is For Suckers" Is winning this poll.. Not that I HATE it, but come ON Stay Hungry blows it away!!!! :headbanger:

Especially when you consider that technically it isn't even a Twisted Sister album. It was supposed to be a Dee Snider solo album that got the TS name slapped on it at the last minute. An uncredited Reb Beach plays most of the guitar on that record.

HAHA! Posers are bringing it home! :banger:

Seriously, though, the other discs aside from 'Love is for suckers' really just don't work for me. :(

• 2023 Gold Donors

Twisted Sister 'lite' maybe...but i never saw 'suckers' as a sell out personally.When i think sell out i think Metallica...those cocksuckers were the kings of 'sell out'.Like Freddy hinted at above though... Atlantic wasn't going to release it if it didn't have the TS name on it.

Especially when you consider that technically it isn't even a Twisted Sister album. It was supposed to be a Dee Snider solo album that got the TS name slapped on it at the last minute. An uncredited Reb Beach plays most of the guitar on that record.

I think his name is listed as a guest player but didn't know that is was supposed to be a Dee solo disc.

I guess that would make more sense but then again wasn't this the guy that said "If aint Metal it's crap"?

And yes there's a whole of crap on that disc. :lol:

I think his name is listed as a guest player but didn't know that is was supposed to be a Dee solo disc.

I guess that would make more sense but then again wasn't this the guy that said "If aint Metal it's crap"?

And yes there's a whole of crap on that disc. :lol:

Wow, I didn't know that about Reb Beach. No wonder I like it. There is some really awesome guitar work on that one.

Wow, ok that I didn't know.. I mean I knew the band was in trouble by 1987 or so, and Mark Mendoza pretty much wanted to strangle Dee, but wow...... :whistle:

And yea, the title track and "Wake Up the Sleeping Giant" Are pretty much the only good tunes.. Well "Hot Love" Maybe, but that is so NOT a Twisted Sister song.......

Wow, ok that I didn't know.. I mean I knew the band was in trouble by 1987 or so, and Mark Mendoza pretty much wanted to strangle Dee, but wow...... :whistle:

And yea, the title track and "Wake Up the Sleeping Giant" Are pretty much the only good tunes.. Well "Hot Love" Maybe, but that is so NOT a Twisted Sister song.......

Check out Jay Jay French's views on LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS here...

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rheikkil/suckview.htm

Check out Jay Jay French's views on LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS here...

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rheikkil/suckview.htm

Wow, so I'm confused. The band hadn't actually split, or lost a bunch of members or anything like that before the recording of the disc? Beau Hill just thought they sucked too much to actually let them be on the CD? :lol:

Wow, so I'm confused. The band hadn't actually split, or lost a bunch of members or anything like that before the recording of the disc? Beau Hill just thought they sucked too much to actually let them be on the CD? :lol:

Going by what I gathered from various sources, LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS was begun as Dee's solo project and was going to showcase some of the more "pop metal" stuff he'd written that wasn't quite right for Twisted Sister... then came a last minute decision to turn it into a Twisted Sister record, so the rest of the TS band was called in... then they were promptly shown the door again by Beau Hill. Or something to that effect. I suppose only the TS guys, Beau, and Reb Beach know for sure.

I believe Reb Beach is given a nebulous credit on the "LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS" liner notes like "additional guitars" ... though Jay Jay makes it sound in that link above like they should have given Reb credit for all the guitars on the record...

Going by what I gathered from various sources, LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS was supposed to be Dee's solo album and was going to showcase some of the more "pop metal" stuff he'd written that wasn't quite right for Twisted Sister... then came a last minute decision to turn it into a Twisted Sister record, so the rest of the band was called in... and then they were promptly shown the door again by Beau Hill. Or something to that effect. I suppose only Dee, Beau Hill, and the other TS guys would know the whole story.

Okay, I see. I'm sure it wasn't much fun for the guys at the time, but it's a pretty amusing story in hindsight. Thanks for the info. :lol:

Okay, I see. I'm sure it wasn't much fun for the guys at the time, but it's a pretty amusing story in hindsight. Thanks for the info. :lol:

Yea, Twisted Sister guys pretty much disowned the LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS album from the minute it was released, whatever the real scoop behind it may be. I believe they announced their break-up in mid-tour for it.

When I saw Dee Snider's SMF's (His Twisted Sister "cover band") in the mid-90s, he did play "Wake Up (The Sleeping Giant)" off of this album though, which was a rather unexpected surprise. :beerbang:

Some more details about the LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS disc can be found here (man, I can't believe this album has its own frickin' Wiki page!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Is_For_Suckers

It mentions a few other interesting "guests" that appeared on the record, including Steve Whiteman and Jimmy Chalfant of Kix, and Kip Winger! :yikes:

Well this made Me think damnit..*chuckles*

But I went with Still Hungry.. Just cause the remixed version of the CLASSIC Stay Hungry blew Me the FUCK away..*G*

STILL HUNGRY isn't a "remixed version" of STAY HUNGRY... It's completely re-recorded from scratch... though supposedly there's a 25th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue of STAY HUNGRY due later this year (Jeezus, is that album really that old? Put a bullet in me already!) that will be completely remixed/remastered from the original tapes, and include a second CD full of outtakes, demos, stuff that didn't make the record the first time, plus one new song. It will most likely be the final Twisted Sister release ever...

I have to go with Stay Hungry just because it was one of the first hard rock cassettes I bought and wore out (along with Quiet Riot Metal Health, Ratt Out Of The Cellar, Def Leppard Pyromania, Motley Crue Shout At The Devil & Judas Priest Defenders Of The Faith).

All of those hold a place near and dear to my metal heart :wub:

But the rest of the Twisted Sister releases are all great too, I believe I own every one of these CDs.

Some more details about the LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS disc can be found here (man, I can't believe this album has its own frickin' Wiki page!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Is_For_Suckers

It mentions a few other interesting "guests" that appeared on the record, including Steve Whiteman and Jimmy Chalfant of Kix, and Kip Winger! :yikes:

Yup all of these guys are mentioned in the credits.

Widowmaker's 'Blood & Bullets' is gem too...

Ten times over by far the best album mentioned in this thread.

I'll agree it's a great album as is the follow up "Blood and Bullets".

'Blood and bullets' is the follow-up to 'Blood and bullets'? :P I assume you mean 'Stand by for pain'? I really didn't like that CD at all. I prefer the Desperado CD, and I didn't like that either, bar a few songs.

Well this made Me think damnit..*chuckles*

But I went with Still Hungry.. Just cause the remixed version of the CLASSIC Stay Hungry blew Me the FUCK away..*G*

STILL HUNGRY isn't a "remixed version" of STAY HUNGRY... It's completely re-recorded from scratch... though supposedly there's a 25th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue of STAY HUNGRY due later this year (Jeezus, is that album really that old? Put a bullet in me already!) that will be completely remixed/remastered from the original tapes, and include a second CD full of outtakes, demos, stuff that didn't make the record the first time, plus one new song. It will most likely be the final Twisted Sister release ever...

As requested..... :tumbsup:

:bigboom: :bigboom: :bigboom:

What a way to end a Brilliant career!! Yea I WILL be buying the 25th anniversary edition of Stay Hungry!!!! :headbanger: