Flame

66 mustang

I love 'em. Thought both releases were great. Love "Don't Look Down" and "If You Had A Heart" from them. :banger:

the debut flame cd is one of the best indepedant melodic hard rock releases around! then, came the 2nd album, unsure what happened, maybe it's having 1 less member in the band than on the 1st album played a big part but the 2nd release just plain sucks!

Are you crazy? While I agree the first cd is better, the second one is also excellent. Not as raw and hard, but still a very solid effort.

Jarred

I've only heard the s/t release with 'Rain' on it and I love the whole thing.

Great singing, solid playing, and great songwriting.

They really didn't sound like your average hair metal/hard rock band of the time, and I always felt like they had some classic rock influences thrown in there.

the debut flame cd is one of the best indepedant melodic hard rock releases around! then, came the 2nd album, unsure what happened, maybe it's having 1 less member in the band than on the 1st album played a big part but the 2nd release just plain sucks!

Are you crazy? While I agree the first cd is better, the second one is also excellent. Not as raw and hard, but still a very solid effort.

Jarred

There is 1 good song on the 2nd album & the rest is unlistenable, perhaps, best compared to an M grade Aerosmith.

I'd label this band and one of the truly average of the genre, bordering on below average. The debut's a pretty decent album with a couple of decent tracks - not great by any means, but good. The 2nd album... well, I think it's a piece of shit. Sorry guys. :(

I'd label this band and one of the truly average of the genre, bordering on below average. The debut's a pretty decent album with a couple of decent tracks - not great by any means, but good. The 2nd album... well, I think it's a piece of shit. Sorry guys. :(

I think the first album is excellent, I've been luck enough to have found 2 copies of the Rockhill pressing, one which I traded and the other I still have. I'd say its one of the top 10 indie hard rock CDs ever released.

I actually don't have a problem with the 2nd CD, I actually like it as well, not as good as the S/T but still a good cd. Don't kill me for saying that :P

Jarred

Amen Brutha...Preach It!!! :banger:

I tend to agree with you, Geoff. I just don't think the second one is a piece of crap. I think it is simply mediocre, and not quite as good as the first.

I have to say that no tracks stood out to me at all on either release. If I had to pick a best song, it would probably be "Wild One."

I forget the name of my fave track, but it sounds something like 'Laura Lane' - :lol:, completely forget the name. Excellent song, though - the only one that made it onto my Ipod from these guys.

Neither Flame album was great, in my opinion, but each had some good songs. I'm one of the rare ones that actually prefer the 2nd CD, not because of the almost sickeningly-glossy production, but because the latter half contains all my favorite Flame tunes, which are:

"If you had a Heart"

"Never say die"

"Ball and Chain"

"Blood for Blood"

"Automatic" (my personal favorite by these guys)

The debut had some cool tunes too (the opening rocker "Lorelei" immediately comes to mind) but overall, both releases were plagued by too many fillers and it probably speaks volumes about my true thoughts on this band when I tell you I have long since sold both CDs and haven't really missed either one of them.

Neither Flame album was great, in my opinion, but each had some good songs. I'm one of the rare ones that actually prefer the 2nd CD, not because of the almost sickeningly-glossy production, but because the latter half contains all my favorite Flame tunes, which are:

"If you had a Heart"

"Never say die"

"Ball and Chain"

"Blood for Blood"

"Automatic" (my personal favorite by these guys)

The debut had some cool tunes too (the opening rocker "Lorelei" immediately comes to mind) but overall, both releases were plagued by too many fillers and it probably speaks volumes about my true thoughts on this band when I tell you I have long since sold both CDs and haven't really missed either one of them.

Lorelei is a classic, my favourite song by Flame. :drink:

I forget the name of my fave track, but it sounds something like 'Laura Lane' - :lol:, completely forget the name. Excellent song, though - the only one that made it onto my Ipod from these guys.

:lol: 'Lorelei' is what I meant. BY FAR the best song they ever recorded.

• 2 years later...

F*ck you, dickhead. You are way off the mark. Why don't you get f*cked, you sack of shit? F*ck off.

Seriously, ignore that guy above. The debut is awesome. I love it. I'm going to say that because I only had a CDR I never heard much of it? That's my only defence. I just scored the Z-Records re-issue for a few dollars, spun it yesterday and this is a gem. 'Lorelei' is still the pick of the CD for me, but tracks like 'Don't look down', 'New love', 'Bound N' Tied' etc. don't exactly pale in comparison. In fact, the only song I didn't like was 'Givin' Me Lies'. The rest was great.

I'm about the trade off the s/t disc, but I'm going to give it a spin this afternoon, just to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm sure I was on the money with that one being crap, though.

F*ck you, dickhead. You are way off the mark. Why don't you get f*cked, you sack of shit? F*ck off.

Seriously, ignore that guy above. The debut is awesome. I love it. I'm going to say that because I only had a CDR I never heard much of it? That's my only defence. I just scored the Z-Records re-issue for a few dollars, spun it yesterday and this is a gem. 'Lorelei' is still the pick of the CD for me, but tracks like 'Don't look down', 'New love', 'Bound N' Tied' etc. don't exactly pale in comparison. In fact, the only song I didn't like was 'Givin' Me Lies'. The rest was great.

I'm about the trade off the s/t disc, but I'm going to give it a spin this afternoon, just to make sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm sure I was on the money with that one being crap, though.

The bought the s/t release when it came out and have loved it ever since. There's not one bad tune to these ears but to me they always had a more classic rock influenced sound then the bands that they were often lumped in with. The debut(Blaze) is solid but to me at least isn't as good as the s/t but like Geoff I only have a cdr and might feel different if I got the real things as he did.

Okay, I'm a dickhead. Just spun the s/t disc and I have no idea what I could possibly have been going on about. Sure, it's not quite up to the standard of the debut, but f*ck, this is a good CD. No doubt about it. It even has 3 re-recordings of songs on the debut, which all sound great. There are a couple of fillers, but definitely nothing to cry about. So stop being such a f*cking sook, Geoff you big poof. Pucker up.

Seriously good disc. Great band, nice little discography. The transition, if I had to compare it, is kind of like Spread Eagle's change. The debuts both kick as and they both sort of toned it down a bit for the 2nd efforts... but there are a million worse CDs than this. Thumbs up.