New Black N Blue CD

Mullethead

From Melodicrock.com

BLACK N BLUE TO RELEASE RARITIES ALBUM ON APRIL 24:

Crash Music Classics is proud to announce the release of Black N Blue Rarities, due in stores April 24. The album will feature a collection of rare and live tracks from the band's back catalogue.

"These tracks are classic demos and live rockers that I have salvaged and re-mastered from my original cassette recordings to be enjoyed today," says Black 'N Blue frontman Jaime St. James. "I have also thrown in my 2002 Hell Yeah demos to round out a very rare BNB rock 'n roll blast from the past."

Black 'N Blue formed in 1981 out of Portland, Oregon and released their self-titled debut album on Geffen Records in 1984. The group went on to release four albums, including their self-titled debut which featured the hit, Hold On To 18. The band would later hook up with Gene Simmons from Kiss who produced the albums Nasty Nasty and In Heat.

The group was formed by current Warrant frontman Jaime St. James, alongside Tommy Thayer (guitar), Jeff Warner (guitar), Patrick Young (bass) and Pete Holmes (drums).

The track listing for Rarties is as follows:

1. Violent Kid 1982 (Thayer, St. James), 2. Sign In Blood 1983 (Thayer, St. James), 3. Wicked Bitch 1983 (St. James), 4. Cold Heart 1983 (Thayer, St. James), 5. Hold On To 18 1983 (Thayer, St. James), 6. Lickety Split 1986 (Thayer, St. James), 7. Serious Drag 2002 (St. James), 8. So Long 2002 (St. James), 9. Hell Yeah 2002 (St. James), 10. Autoblast 1984 Live (Thayer, St. James, Warner), 11. I'm The King 1984 Live (Thayer, St. James, Warner, Young, Holmes).

WebLinks: www.stjamesofficial.com / www.crashmusicinc.com.

So does this mean the long-rumored "Hell Yeah!" album is never going to happen? Supposedly BNB were supposed to start working on it shortly before Jaime joined Warrant.

So does this mean the long-rumored "Hell Yeah!" album is never going to happen? Supposedly BNB were supposed to start working on it shortly before Jaime joined Warrant.

I thought the album was already done.

I think I have one of Lons comps somewhere that has the song 'Hell yeah' on it.

You may be right...now that I think about it, I could swear that a release date was announced quite a few years ago now... forget what label was supposed to put it out though

You may be right...now that I think about it, I could swear that a release date was announced quite a few years ago now... forget what label was supposed to put it out though

I think it was Z Records.

I think it was Z Records.

Who no longer exist, if I'm not mistaken? Maybe that's why it never appeared.

• 3 years later...

Alex Barbieri (former lead singer for Tango Down) has posted an interview he just did w/Jaime St. James for Hardrock Haven. Looks like that long awaited for new Black N Blue cd is actually going to see the light of day! You can read the interview here:

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2010/jaime-st-james-of-black-n-blue/

Alex Barbieri (former lead singer for Tango Down) has posted an interview he just did w/Jaime St. James for Hardrock Haven. Looks like that long awaited for new Black N Blue cd is actually going to see the light of day! You can read the interview here:

Nice, I hope it's a good one. Has my mind gone blank or do I not know who the lead singer for Warrant is these days?

Nice, I hope it's a good one. Has my mind gone blank or do I not know who the lead singer for Warrant is these days?

Robert Mason...and doing a fucking AWESOME job at it (but I am a little biased)! :banger:

37492_1561555163779_1382324806_3349664_7292104_n.jpg

Robert Mason...and doing a fucking AWESOME job at it (but I am a little biased)! :banger:

37492_1561555163779_1382324806_3349664_7292104_n.jpg

Yep, that's right! Will they record anything new together?

I sure hope so. :)

I could almost swear that I read that they were working on new songs right now for a 2011 release.

Andre said they're coming to Australia in April next year so you'd assume they'd have something new, including Mason, to promote? Surely?

I sure hope so. :)

I could almost swear that I read that they were working on new songs right now for a 2011 release.

Andre said they're coming to Australia in April next year so you'd assume they'd have something new, including Mason, to promote? Surely?

Yeah I saw new album with Mason by May 2011 according to Erik Turner.

Thank heaven for that. I thought we were going to have a Chinese Democracy situation.