Your favorite "cheap" CDs!

whiplash1972

I know for a lot of folks here at HH, hunting down rare/obscure CDs is a passion(one that I'm getting into slowly as the wallet permits :lol: ),but what about the other end of the spectrum? What are your absolute favorite CDs that you've picked up at eBay, Half.com,Amazon, etc... for around $5 or less.

Those little gems that were overlooked for whatever reason, but provide some serious bang for the buck music wise?

Here are some of my favorite "El Cheap-os"

Radio Active Cats - S/T

Katmandu - S/T

Disturbance - We Come Out At Night

Rockhead - S/T

Little Caesar - S/T

Jet Red - S/T

Victory - Culture Killed the Native

The Screaming Jets - All For One

Jesse Strange - S/T

What are some of everyone else's favorite cheap finds?

whiplash1972

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best cheapo CD I ever picked up was a brand new copy of Twisted Sister-Under the blade,years after it was deleted & long before the recent reissue.

It has a few extra tracks on it (from the rough cuts ep I believe) that didnt even make the reissue!

I paid £1.99 which I spose would be about $3

Buckcherry - Time Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Caesar - S/T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moon Dog Mane

Babylon AD (got ALL FOUR for just $10........lol.....then a friend sent them all to me too........double bang for the buck??)

Sister Whiskey - Liquor & Poker

I know there's a gazillion more.....but I can't think right now!! :blink:

NO.1 from MILLION

COP TO CON from BAIBANG

KISS ME IN FRENCH from SIC VIKKI

S/T from TNT

All of the above for about 8 bucks

Flies On Fire ~ Outside Looking In

I got this gem for only a buck!.......... Fuckin'-A-right!

Cinderella ~ Long Cold Winter

Bought this one used for about seven and a half bucks. Not a bad deal.

I didn't know cds were shipped all the way to Devils Island...Hmm... :lol:

And by the way...

BRING OUT THE VASELINE & GET HIM BOYS!!!! :puke:

Just got the debut from TNT (sung in Norwegian) on CD for about 8 bucks...Hehe what a deal!

Ooooooooooooooooooooo :blink:

I see that Scandinavia has pulled his head out of his mothers vagina long enough to attempt another shot at being funny.

It didn't work, so why don't you put your head between your mothers thighs, and ram it back up her putrid gash.

:jump: <----- Scandinavia can't wait to climb on top of his corpulent mother. HA!HA!HA!

Hardline - Double Eclipse

Baton Rouge - Shake Your Soul $1.99 off ebay. The shipping cost more than the cd.

Wildside - Under the Influence $5.99 used cd shop. Best $5.99 I've ever spent!

Junkyard - Junkyard $1 brand new from CDNow.com before they were taken over by Amazon.com. They used to have $5 and $10 off coupons all the time for new customers. I must've created 15 accounts to use a ton of those coupons and built up my cd collection big time. :lol:

Roxx Gang - Things You've Never Done Before $7 used cd shop. The whole cd is great, but I would've paid that amount for the song "Ball N Chain" alone. I'm always surprised to find that no one comments on this song when talking about this cd.

Would definitely include The Poorboys - Pardon Me as a favorite "cheap" disc now. Great bluesy hard rock in the vein of the Black Crowes,with a touch of twang! Picked it up for $1.99 offa eBay,and am VERY glad I did. Shame the Poorboys got lost amidst the grunge onslaught....good band.

whiplash1972

Would definitely include The Poorboys - Pardon Me as a favorite "cheap" disc now. Great bluesy hard rock in the vein of the Black Crowes,with a touch of twang! Picked it up for $1.99 offa eBay,and am VERY glad I did. Shame the Poorboys got lost amidst the grunge onslaught....good band.

whiplash1972

Gotcha on this one ......lol........ I read your comments on it in the comments section and went searching for it............ got it for a penny.

Also found Nelson's "After The Rain" for a penny too................

Not bad!! Gotta love this internet thingy!!! :P

Gotta say that what I love right now is that loads of CDs I found in bargain bins five years ago when they were viewed as worthless,are now worth reasonable money now that the whole 80s thing has risen again!

By the same token there are CDs I wish I'd picked up cheap when I had the chance.

I also recently found the debut (green album) from TOUR DE FORCE for about 10 bucks...What a bargain!

I do about 90% of my music buying at pawn shops where you can always get a good price. The only problem is you never know what condition the CD will be in.

Circus Of Power - S/T - Mint $3.00

Tommy Shaw - Girls With Guns Original A&M release - Mint $4.99

Pink Floyd - The Wall Mint $5.00

Southgang - Group Therapy scratched to hell but no skips $1.00

Every Mother's Nightmare - S/T - Mint $4.00

Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz Japan Import w/OBI - Mint $4.99

Beggars & Thieves - S/T - Mint $1.00

Iron Eagle Soundtrack - Mint $1.00

Y&T - Ten and Contagious both unopened $1.00 each

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - All Systems Go (before the reissue) - Mint $3.00

Unruly Child - S/T - Mint $1.00 (sold it and later bought another one for $4.00)

And the worst purchases I have made were done at Used CD stores where they sometimes like to rip you off

Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse scratched to hell and skipped on tracks 9 & 10 - I traded in Twisted Sister Come Out And Play (before the reissue) plus $25 (but I must say I've never seen another one since)

Sweet F.A. - Stick To Your Guns (I had never priced it before so didn't know I could pick it up on Ebay for around $5) VG $16.99 (this one still ticks me off) :hammer:

The same place also tried to sell me the Pretty Boy Floyd Leather Boyz Reissue for $30 (the guy must have smelled a sucker).

I was surprised to find a copy of BulletBoys' Freakshow in the close-out bin for a buck. Decent CD at a great price! I also picked up Enuff Z'nuff's Animals With Human Intelligence for $2.50. Very underrated (even by me until a few repeated listenings!)

"Animals With Human Intelligence" was the first cd I ever bought by Enuff Z'nuff. It had been sitting there for about 6 months when I picked it up due to there being nothing else worth getting at the time. It's actually pretty good, especially the first 3 songs.

Guest Beelzebubba

Guardian - Miracle Mile $0.99

The Dogs D'Amour - ....Straight $1.99

Eyes - Eyes $2.99

Julliet - Julliet $1.99

Killer Dwarfs - Stand Tall $0.99

Lady Blush - Lady Blush $4.00

Lion - Trouble In Angel City $3.50

Lord Tracey - Deaf Gods of Babylon $3.00

Only Child - Only Child $4.00

DC Drive - DC Drive $0.01

Red Dawn - Never Say Surrender $1.50

Thes are the ones I got in the last 6 months as a deal. My favorite being Lady Blush the first band of Prog Gods Vanden Plas singer, awesome hard rock

Gotta add Dirty Deeds - Real World & Danger of Infection to the list of good cheap CDs! Got both CDs offa eBay for less than $7,and these boys ROCK!

Melodic metal with influences ranging from Iron Maiden(who from what I gather kind of "mentored" the band)to Saxon; a real NWOBHM sound. I love this stuff! "Kill the Pain" is probably my favorite song so far, but they're all good. :banger:

These guys are now known as just "Deeds",and have a new website at:

Deeds Homepage

*Got Outlaw Blood for 99 cents + s/h ,and am awaiting its delivery! :headbanger:

whiplash1972

I'm living in Seattle now, but when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale I bought most of my CD's at a huge flea market called the Swap Shop. It took some patience to weed through the crap, but here's some of the best stuff I found - anywhere between $1 and $3 each:

Saints & Sinners - S/T

Kane Roberts - S/T

Steeler - S/T

Slash's Snakepit - Ain't Life Grand

House of Lords - Sahara

Bill Ward - Ward One: Along The Way

War Babies - S/T

Geffen "Power Surge" 2-CD Sampler from 1987 - Sammy Hagar, GNR, EZO, Y&T, Tesla, Whitesnake & Aerosmith (all from their '87 releases)

Flea markets are great for out-of-print CD's. They're dirt cheap and you never know what you'll find!