Problem Shipping Areas for Sending Goods?

OK... What are the problem areas/Countries for sending goods other than Indonesia?

• 2023 Gold Donors
CANADA!!! (no offense koogles)...expect packages to take at least a month to arrive, sometimes longer.

:agree: Anything I get from canada takes at least a month. It's not the seller's fault. The packages are postmarked within a few days of the purchase. I get shit faster from Europe and Australia than I do Canada.

CANADA!!! (no offense koogles)...expect packages to take at least a month to arrive, sometimes longer.

A month?? I don't know about that... maybe a solid two or three weeks at the worst of times. I don't know why it takes so long. I know PJ and I were complaining about Canada Post vs. USPS. We're paying over twice as much for half the service. And we're forever under the threat of a postal increase that would send prices even higher. I know they've cancelled the rate change for CDs twice now... once last year, once this year. It's bloody irritating. If they jack their rates up from $2.95 to over $4 (like they've been conspiring to do), I won't hesitate to drive all my CDs across the Michigan border (an hour away) where I'll 1. save money 2. ensure a faster delivery to U.S. customers and 3. happily keep my hard earned money out of Canada Post's already well-lined pockets.

In terms of international delivery, it seems as though it takes less time for a package to arrive in Japan/Europe/Australia/Germany than it does to the U.S. Can't figure it out!

Thanks for your patience to any U.S. buyer/trader reading this. I hope you keep it in mind when waiting for packages from Canada and find yourself growing old in the process.

Has anyone had problems with China, Singapore or Italy?

I go by the countries that DSI (Discount Shipping Insurance) excludes. I use them as opposed to USPS for my insurance. DSI insures to more countries than USPS, and unlike USPS, doesn't require Air Parcel Post or better to obtain coverage (in other words, you can send merchandise via Air Letter Post).

If DSI isn't insuring to a certain country, there's a reason why.

Standard wording from my Ebay listings:

* No shipments to the following countries: Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola (including Cabinda), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bulgaria, Burma, Burundi, Chechnia, China, Congo, Cuba, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea - Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Mexico, Moldova, Nigeria, North Korea, OFAC Restricted Countries, Paraguay, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Zaire, and Zimbabwe.

May I borrow that paragraph? :P Actually, I'm not even too sure some of these idiots would even notice it. As it is now, I have my rules and terms and people STILL miss them. I even enlarged the shipping rates and made them in RED and people still ask what shipping is. I know many sellers have no problems, but for some reason, I get the turds of the punchbowl. I can put up 1-2 items and have no problems, but if I put up 5, I'll get 2 twits... never fails :doh:

Has anyone had problems with China, Singapore or Italy?

I had problem RECEIVING a CD from China - It took nearly 2 months to arrive but according to the seller all packages are held up at Chinese customs. The package seemed to bear his story out as it had a bunch of customs stamps on it. To be fair he did warn me it might take some time and being of a patient nature <_< I was prepared to wait.