While we are speaking to nice songs and solid bands that we may have missed, Sheffields The Brink is just that and according to their FB they are still kicking about and working on a new release. BOy I would really like to find the couple EP's they mention the released.

https://www.facebook.com/thebrinkband/

https://youtu.be/In2Wo-MXbFc

the-brink-copy.jpg

• 6 months later...

18588881_1395185317204182_19511590637666

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Continuing the trend of finding the cream of the crop of the current New Wave of British Hard Rock, Frontiers Music Srl is excited to present to the world our newest signing, THE BRINK for a multi-album worldwide deal!

Influenced by classic bands of both past and present, The Brink, Tom Quick (vocals), Alex Bittles (lead guitar), Izzy Trixx (rhythm guitar), Gary Connor (bass guitar), and Davide DRAKE Bocci (drums), truly bring new life and a new energy to the British hard rock table. They are producing a vibrant, new, 21st Century form of balls-to-the-wall rock n roll! With a reputation for being one of the most hard-working bands in the country, The Brink show no evidence of slowing down or losing the passion they have for rock music. Weaving delicate harmonies, both vocal and instrumental, together with hard driving rock riffs, they have created a fresh style of their own, enticing fans from a variety of rock genres. Fueled by stellar influences, they create fist pumping anthems and epic ballads built for the stadium stage. With a live performance filled with excitement and vivacity to go with songwriting chops befitting early Def Leppard and Bon Jovi, The Brink are a must listen!

Their rock n roll journey started in Wisbech & Cambridge. They have worked their way up the ladder to headline in places such as London, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham and Lincoln! With two E.P.s under their belt and much more to come, the future looks bright and the road long. This bunch certainly have what it takes to go the distance.

The band states, “After many years of hard work and lots of up’s and down’s, we can finally say that we are signed! It is an absolute honor to be signed to Frontiers. With a great roster of some of the world’s greatest rock bands of all time, this is truly a fantastic opportunity and privilege to join that kind of company. Now we will continue to push and turn this great opportunity given to us into everything we have ever wanted!! We cannot wait to finish the album and deliver it to rock fans around the world.”

The Brink is hard at work recording their debut album, which is expected to be released in late 2017 early 2018.

• 10 months later...

NEW SONG & VIDEO ALERT: We are incredibly pleased to present to you "Little Janie" from up and coming UK hard rockers The Brink! Crank this one up LOUD and get ready for a dose of rock 'n roll. Stream or download the single here: http://radi.al/TheBrinkLittleJanie

The Brink will release their new album this fall with more details on that coming soon! In the meantime, catch the band at Frontiers' New Breed Night at The Black Heart in Camden, UK with labelmates Dirty Thrills and Doomsday Outlaw on April 26th!

• 10 months later...

Out May 17th.

THE-BRINK-nowhere-to-run-COVER-Hi-3000_6

Tracklisting:
1.    Little Janie
2.    Break These Chains
3.    Never Again 
4.    Save Goodbye
5.    Take Me Away
6.    One Night Only
7.    Wish
8.    Said And Done
9.    Fairytale
10.    Don’t Count Me Out
11.    Nothing To Fear
12.    No Way Back
13.    Are You With Me
14.    Burn
15.    Save Goodbye (Acoustic) (Bonus Track)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For whatever it's worth I thought I'd check this out and gave it a listen.

Not bad but also not really very memorable.  I basically listened to it and got to the end and really had no desire to listen again.

I was hoping it might be something like One Desire but don't quite put it in that category.  It does have a modern vibe like OD but doesn't feel very melodic to me.  And it's a bit more poppy/punk in spots IMO.

Basically, if I want to listen to modern melodic rock I'd rather listen to Degreed or One Desire.  This one just feels very ordinary compared to those other bands.

I think what could've helped this in my opinion would be more harmonies, backing vocals, hooks, etc....The songs just don't feel very catchy to me.

Maybe my problem is that I've been listening to Crazy Lixx all weekend and this pales in comparison to that :)

44 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

For whatever it's worth I thought I'd check this out and gave it a listen.

Not bad but also not really very memorable.  I basically listened to it and got to the end and really had no desire to listen again.

I was hoping it might be something like One Desire but don't quite put it in that category.  It does have a modern vibe like OD but doesn't feel very melodic to me.  And it's a bit more poppy/punk in spots IMO.

Basically, if I want to listen to modern melodic rock I'd rather listen to Degreed or One Desire.  This one just feels very ordinary compared to those other bands.

I think what could've helped this in my opinion would be more harmonies, backing vocals, hooks, etc....The songs just don't feel very catchy to me.

Maybe my problem is that I've been listening to Crazy Lixx all weekend and this pales in comparison to that :)

More American modern Rock feel to it, I thinks that's the problem to me. This could be played on American rock radio, and that's not a "good" thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, The Rocker said:

More American modern Rock feel to it, I thinks that's the problem to me. This could be played on American rock radio, and that's not a "good" thing.

Haha. That's contrary to what I was about to say. lol. I was actually going to say props to the guys for nailing a vintage sound/look and even production. To me, when I heard this, I actually questioned if these were old songs by a band from around 1992. They definitely sound to me like a band from that era, with maybe a few modern influences in a song like 'Are you with me.'

Anyway, like all y'all, I thought it was a pretty average album, unfortunately. Solid, and not bad... but leaves a bit to be desired. I do, however, really like that 'Save goodbye' song.