Guiltz N Pleasurez

Captain Howdy

Ok, I basically want to see what people here think of this.

Musically I think its ok (although the main riff just seems to be a total Bon Jovi rip off), but lyrically and vocally its poor.

Its pretty much the same feeling I had with Damn Dice, who the singer used to be a part of until last year.

It may appeal to some here, so be interesting to see if its just me that thinks they need a better singer and better writing, or whether I am in the minority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iy26xAsrRw

Well, it's got a nice hook, but yeah, that riff is borrowing pretty liberally from Bon Jovi. The vocals and lyrics wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker for me, but they're both a long way from wonderful. Still, after just one listen, that chorus is stuck in my head, so they did something right. Now they should do something else right and find a singer who can really sell the song and a lyricist who can pen words that wouldn't have sounded cheesy even in 1985.

haha, yeah I agree with what CH and MM already said. The music is good, the lyrics and particularly the singer...not so much. If it was huge vocals I could probably let the lyrics slide because aren't we all here because at one point we enjoyed a little cheese with our tunes? So if they find a vocalist and I'd check it out.

Glad its not just me. I was begining to think my point of view was clouded somewhat as have seen the singer a few times at gigs in the crowd, and he acts like he is some kind of rock god. Screaming his head off in the queue trying to hit high notes (badly), then going round calling people boring because they dont join in with his shit.

Bobby still trying to sing. :doh: Those lyrics are quite cheesy but probably would sound better with a better singer.

On the bright side, Richie Sambora is free and can sing this Bon Jovi song if they fire the singer.

Guest Bobby Valentine

Hey guys! How are we all doing today!?

Well thanks for your feedback, its always good to have, no matter if positive or negative (I am very used to both haha).

Anyway, you are welcome to be as positive or negative towards me as you like, all publicity is good, and I will carry on loving my music until the end! We are doing great and so many amazing things are happening for this band right now. It's all good. You can check us out www.guiltznpleasurez.com and see for yourselves.

Thanks dudes, have a great week!

Bobby x

Guest Bobby Valentine

Thanks for all your feedback and I welcome both negative and positive comments. I am doing a job I love and thankfully Guiltz N Pleasurez are receiving a lot of positive acclaim both here and state side. We are also appearing on a well known CD compilation and are right now negotiating certain deals. So it seems quite a lot of people dig what we are doing. We don't mind being likened to any 80's bands, as that's where we get our inspiration from. We've been compared to QUIET RIOT, RATT, CINDERELLA and POISON so it's really all good. Let the music do the talking.

Anyone that wishes to check us out can do so here.

www.guiltznpleasurez.com

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...