Blue Tears

swriter

http://nehrecords.com/NEWS/Previews/BlueInnocent.htm

wow, just heard about this one out in a few weeks, not old material, brand new stuff!!!!! samples sound ok, may be in the running for the years best!!!

From what I've heard there is something big missing from this release. The drums, the bass... something sounds too lite or not prevalent enough... it's hard to pick. Songs sounded good, but the sound has me wondering. I think I'm going to end up filing this in the "good, but could have been SO much better" file... :( Will say more as I hear more.

I don't like it at all from what I've heard so far.......... <_< It doesn't sound very Blue Tears-ish

Yeah, maybe that's it... the Springsteen as opposed to Bon Jovi or Def Leppard. Actually, now that I think of it... they sounded like Bon Jovi back in 1990... and now, in 2006, they still sound like Bon Jovi. :)

But yeah, it feels like they've written a bunch of great hard rockin' anthems, but they're sitting in the bodies of laid back, withheld tracks. To me it sounds like they're aching to be huge rockers ala the debut... but they're being restrained. As I said above, it's a real hard one to pick what's wrong with it, but something is definately missing... :(

Oh, I think there's definitely the Bon Jovi sound to this one......not bad...

However........Nothing 'mind blowing' like "Crush" or "Kiss Me Goodbye", IMO.....

I really love the song "All The Way Home"......

• 3 weeks later...

anyone have it in their hands yet?? verdict???

Blue Tears: I love the group to death, but this did not do a thing for me. Whenever I hear a blue tears album, I am expecting big chorus....ala def leppard or bon jovi. This was a tad bit disappoint....although "Drive" was a pretty cool tune....its just not enough to convince me to buy this. This to me sounds too much like Springsteen, and Mellancamp.

Guest gdaze

Agree with the other guys.. It ain't Blue Tears from 1990, though there are a handful of useful songs.

This is similar to Mellancamp and Springsteen with a bit of Bon Jovi (Blaze Of Glory era).

Crap production.

Years best? I sincerely doubt it.

After the hearing the samples i was not impressed, now that i have the cd in my hands, well still not that impressed, it does have it moments, but nothing spectacular......It seems Greg has developed the "Bon Jovi Syndrome"........To where everything has to have a "Springsteenesque" sound to it....now that is not a bad thing, but after being away for so long, and releasing to killer discs of older material, all of us old fans were looking for a return to that style and era.......But then again there is nothing against "growing", and i think that is what "Blue Tears" has tried to do on this one.......

Later

Lon

• 3 years later...